Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 07-10-2014, 17:30
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
That really is crazy. I completely underestimated the demand. So glad I raced through those red lights on the way home from the school run and made it to my computer at 8.59am.
same, glad i didn't not panic and wait till 10 past.
Old 07-10-2014, 17:35
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Has anyone else received their tickets?

Received in Norway from Ticketmaster last week, totally and utterly unexpected, normally have to collect at the box office on the night......
Old 07-10-2014, 18:21
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

ach, gave in and bought a tout standing ticket for a ridiculous price... Couldn't go on with the anxiety of constant checking for the next two months...
Old 27-10-2014, 09:14
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk View Post
Got a ticket. The standing area was sold out it seems after a minute which I've never seen for a Manics gig before. Still though, Upper Circle here I come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
I'm in, somewhere way up the top.
Aye, I'm up in the heavens too. Looks a great venue from the pictures. Pint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
ach, gave in and bought a tout standing ticket for a ridiculous price... Couldn't go on with the anxiety of constant checking for the next two months...
Yeah, I did that for Glasgow. £165 for a pair, christ. Went on Scarlet Mist and there were already 15 people queued up for notifications and they don't do more than that, plus there were a handful of threads on here too. Maybe could've sorted summat nearer the time but wanted the peace of mind as much as anything. Wouldn't have touted it for any other band, never mind any other tour. I can't see many people relinquishing tickets for this too fairly...

Anyway, flying in from Manchester to arrive about 10am, wander around for the day and a few pints after the gig, flight back at 6am. Thank buggery I've got the week off after that.
Old 28-10-2014, 11:28
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
The Olympia is one of the finest venues in the country.

Great sound, excellent views (with the odd exception), nice staff, good bar and it's bang in the middle of Dublin.

James calls it "Dusty Old Friend".
Old 28-10-2014, 12:24
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
Ouch, £25 more than it was the other day. Ah well, touts are cunts but as a one-off it's only money, Holy Bible in full is priceless.
Couldn't miss Glasgow, it's annoying but yeah it's only money. You sorted for Dublin yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-O View Post
The Olympia is one of the finest venues in the country.

Great sound, excellent views (with the odd exception), nice staff, good bar and it's bang in the middle of Dublin.

James calls it "Dusty Old Friend".
I can't wait for this one, never been to Dublin before either so will be good to have a look around. Any recommendations?
Old 28-10-2014, 14:40
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Pint.

The venue is lovely. I was up there for Jimmy Carr actually, and you can see everything as long as you get a half-decent seat.

There's a good few museums, galleries, flea markets etc on Saturdays. Trinity College is kinda cool and George's Arcade has some cool stalls, especially some Japanese ones. If you're going for a pint, don't go to somewhere in Templebar though - twice the price.

I'm sure the Hull game would be on somewhere too!
Old 28-10-2014, 17:02
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

I can't wait for this one, never been to Dublin before either so will be good to have a look around. Any recommendations?
Sightseeing: Trinity is 5 mins from the venue one direction, the Castle and Chester Beatty, Christchurch are 5 mins the other. Temple Bar is 20 seconds away but that may not be a good thing...

Bars:
Avoid Temple Bar - I'd recommend the Stags Head on Dame Lane, Gin Palace on South Liffey Street, Mulligans on Poolbeg street (I think) .... if you are looking to while away a few hours reading by an open fire then the Library Bar on Exchequer Street is a good bet.

Food:
Cheap and cheerful Falafel - Umi across from the Olympia. Also try Boojums in the Italian quarter for burritos.

All 5-10 mins from the venue
Old 31-10-2014, 19:21
An imitation of dignity

I am doing the crazy thing to fly in from Germany just for the gig...was wondering if anyone would like to meet up or go there together? I usually have to go to concerts by myself since no one really loves the bands I do...not even Morrissey...but I kind of feel like THB is something you need to enjoy together - even with pre-gig chatter! Anyone?
Old 04-11-2014, 09:27
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk View Post
Pint.

The venue is lovely. I was up there for Jimmy Carr actually, and you can see everything as long as you get a half-decent seat.

There's a good few museums, galleries, flea markets etc on Saturdays. Trinity College is kinda cool and George's Arcade has some cool stalls, especially some Japanese ones. If you're going for a pint, don't go to somewhere in Templebar though - twice the price.

I'm sure the Hull game would be on somewhere too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
Sightseeing: Trinity is 5 mins from the venue one direction, the Castle and Chester Beatty, Christchurch are 5 mins the other. Temple Bar is 20 seconds away but that may not be a good thing...

Bars:
Avoid Temple Bar - I'd recommend the Stags Head on Dame Lane, Gin Palace on South Liffey Street, Mulligans on Poolbeg street (I think) .... if you are looking to while away a few hours reading by an open fire then the Library Bar on Exchequer Street is a good bet.

Food:
Cheap and cheerful Falafel - Umi across from the Olympia. Also try Boojums in the Italian quarter for burritos.

All 5-10 mins from the venue
Uh-oh, Chelsea away that day, I think I'll give it a miss...

Cheers for the suggestions, getting in at around 9am so probably have a breakfast somewhere, be nice to make a decent day of it. Will probably print off a map, so long as venue's easy to find and well sign posted I like the idea of an aimless wander. Will have look around Trinity and Library Bar sounds great, cheers.
Old 04-11-2014, 17:59
An imitation of dignity

I was in chicago on business when the tickets were released. I got up at 3am to buy tickets and yep, ticketmaster crashed like a bollox after trying to pay for them. They were gone.

Had a look to see if I could get two tickets to surprise my wife who hasnt been well, we were both at the last olympia show.

Omg at the prices
Old 10-11-2014, 08:07
An imitation of dignity

I got my tickets, 2 standing. I wont say what they cost but I had some money in my paypal account from ebaying a few things which took the sting out of it a bit. Still a shocking price though and I wont be telling my wife.

So my plan is to contact her mum, arrange for the kids to stay over that saturday night. Im going to book a hotel, then on the morning of the gig Im going to tell her to pack a bag, shes going to Dublin to stay tje night and see the Manics on this very special tour.

Thats the plan anyway, wish me luck!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:28
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinster View Post
I got my tickets, 2 standing. I wont say what they cost but I had some money in my paypal account from ebaying a few things which took the sting out of it a bit. Still a shocking price though and I wont be telling my wife.

So my plan is to contact her mum, arrange for the kids to stay over that saturday night. Im going to book a hotel, then on the morning of the gig Im going to tell her to pack a bag, shes going to Dublin to stay tje night and see the Manics on this very special tour.

Thats the plan anyway, wish me luck!
The things men do for sex!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:36
Administrator

Could be a woman
Old 10-11-2014, 11:51
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
The things men do for sex!
I was thinking it, but I didn't say it