Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-09-2011, 13:12
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
looks like a fantastic package; the only problem is that the recording of the Wembley show really wasn't that great - got it from the original CD issue. unless they have worked wonders or found a second recording i am not too keen on this.
The new release includes the "practise" Friday night, the day before the real shoot. Has better sound, but visuals mixed live, not after the event. DAYYYYY-OH!
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 06-09-2011, 15:45
Doors slowly closing

cheers UEF, will have a listen online and then make a call.
blog
Old 06-09-2011, 19:31
Builder of routine

just ordered a signed copy of NT from Play. Its number 1 in their Pre-order chart
Old 07-09-2011, 19:17
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
just ordered a signed copy of NT from Play. Its number 1 in their Pre-order chart
should i order this one? or should I go for HMV with the free single, but is there b-sides?? as i don't particularly care about a one track single! dunno if i want their scrawl all over it either!!!
someone just tell me where to order from..i'm too lazy to make a decision! (or read through threads..) i don't even think there's much point, as i'll probably never take it out of the case, but i keep thinking there might be nice artwork and i don't want to miss out on the craic! the deluxe versh will probably be prettier though won't it...
Old 07-09-2011, 19:20
Doors slowly closing

Half of National Treasures leaked!

I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundthatsoul View Post
should i order this one? or should I go for HMV with the free single, but is there b-sides?? as i don't particularly care about a one track single! dunno if i want their scrawl all over it either!!!
someone just tell me where to order from..i'm too lazy to make a decision! (or read through threads..) i don't even think there's much point, as i'll probably never take it out of the case, but i keep thinking there might be nice artwork and i don't want to miss out on the craic! the deluxe versh will probably be prettier though won't it...
there's one b-side on the single that i know of, i think it's a cover too, "Rock 'n' Roll Genius" I believe
Builder of routine

the single will be released on its own. The best version is the cd/dvd version if you only want one. If you order through townsend records you get a free poster with it. They have no idea what the poster is mind
Old 07-09-2011, 19:21
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
Half of National Treasures leaked!

Ha ha, like it Dext x
Old 07-09-2011, 19:24
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStenner View Post
there's one b-side on the single that i know of, i think it's a cover too, "Rock 'n' Roll Genius" I believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
the single will be released on its own. The best version is the cd/dvd version if you only want one. If you order through townsend records you get a free poster with it. They have no idea what the poster is mind
thanks people -right so that's one vote for HMV and one for deluxe! (deluxe is cd/dvd right?) but the b-side will probably be shite anyway won't it? if you order through townsend do they give you the poster with deluxe edition as well? and do they charge delivery? awk you know what the poster's gonna be crap anyway! I bet it's A5 or something!!!! I want a big one!

Still no idea what to order
Old 07-09-2011, 19:25
Bored out of my mind

I had all of Forever Delayed before it came out too!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 07-09-2011, 19:26
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
That will probably be on a seperate piece of paper.

Too many versions, too much information, confused.com. I think i'll just get it in HMV when I'm in town.
Old 07-09-2011, 19:28
Builder of routine

Quote:
thanks people -right so that's one vote for HMV and one for deluxe! (deluxe is cd/dvd right?) but the b-side will probably be shite anyway won't it? if you order through townsend do they give you the poster with deluxe edition as well? and do they charge delivery? awk you know what the poster's gonna be crap anyway! I bet it's A5 or something!!!! I want a big one!

Still no idea what to order
i didnt know either and ordered 3 different versions but you are more sensible than me i can tell. Deluxe is cd/dvd and townsend do have the poster with it. £14.99 + p+p
Old 07-09-2011, 19:32
Bored out of my mind

I've ordered three copies and the polaroid book. I think!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 07-09-2011, 19:32
Doors slowly closing

I like Door To The River. True story.
Old 07-09-2011, 19:34
Builder of routine

not ordered the polaroid book yet. They're not going to bother signing that are they? I'd rather that than the cd. It'll look nicer.