Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-11-2010, 21:40
Builder of routine

Sorry Tim, I'll go and spend more time with the FDer Idenitification guide. Is everyone there even recognisable?
Old 03-11-2010, 21:46
Bored out of my mind

Great pics Suzanne! Love the James close ups!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 03-11-2010, 22:08
I am purity, they call me perverted

i really need to get a better digicam

Quote:
For thousands of years, human beings had screwed up and trashed and crapped on this planet, and now history expected me to clean up after everyone. I have to wash out and flatten my soup cans, and account for every drop of used motor oil. And I have to foot the bill for nuclear waste and burned gasoline tanks and landfilled toxic sludge dumped a generation before I was born.
Old 03-11-2010, 23:30
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Sorry Tim, I'll go and spend more time with the FDer Idenitification guide. Is everyone there even recognisable?
There's a few in the background I'm not sure who they are. Turned up nearer opening of the doors. Where is this ID guide?? haha

Good photo's folks!

Few more of mine..

Old 04-11-2010, 02:34
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post
Very nice Thank you for sharing that one in particular, you caught the moment perfectly.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:28
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post

oh.my.god. *faints*

That, my friend should be in appreciation
Do you mind awfully if I "save as...?"

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 04-11-2010, 07:07
Bored out of my mind

Awesome 'James thowing head back' pic!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 04-11-2010, 07:48
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Awesome 'James thowing head back' pic!
he did that quite a bit, me and Claire were beside ourselves

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 04-11-2010, 07:52
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
well i recognise everyone there, otherwise i wouldn't have asked them to join in the photo. I'm not in it cos i'm taking the pic and ladymozzy and Marwood aren't in it even though they were in the queue. The guy behind Sam I recognise but not sure if he is on FD and if he is what his username is. Really nice queue though, really enjoyed spending the day with everyone

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 04-11-2010, 09:24
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post
oh.my.god. *faints*

That, my friend should be in appreciation
Do you mind awfully if I "save as...?"
Not at all. Save away
Old 04-11-2010, 09:27
I live to fall asleep

Really enjoyed the gig, James was AMAZING and totally on form. His voice sounded really good considering and he seemed to have a great night. Nicky looked lovely but was quite quiet, but he did song along to a lot of things, he jumped around like a total star.

My BIG disappointment was no Nicky solo slot and I was gutted when his pink guitar made an appearence and then Nick and james had a chat and it seemed it was a James solo as usual.

I was just behing the barrier and was surprised by the fact we actually had some room! Managed to fend off a fella random who suddenly pushed to the front for add songs and then disappeared and loved the fact that most people round us were having a brilliant time.

I decided not to wait around and headed back to the bar in the hotel. Really hope the boys do some of the tracks from the end of the album later in the tour and keeping my fingers crossed about info about Blackwood.

Just sad now as no more gigs planned.......seems a long time til I'l get a chance.
Old 04-11-2010, 13:28
I am purity, they call me perverted

I`m still feeling very, very emotional so Im not saying a great deal, enjoyed the day immensley, loved spending time with all the lovely FD`s ( and others who arn`t ) I didn`t want them to go off stage as I just can`t get enough of them, even though Im going to Birmingham it really felt like the last night and Im so on a downer. James is the brother I never had, Craig, your pictures are fucking brilliant, and your a great chap ( apart from being a Blackburn fan ) and I love all the rest of you too, no exceptions, im off now coz Im bloody crying.
Old 04-11-2010, 14:01
Knowlede Is Power

Thought it was a brilliant gig. Sound was good, James was AMAZING, leaping around and cracking jokes and so on, and Nicky looked happier and was MUCH more active than earlier in the tour, even though he wasn't saying much.

Met Astrogirl briefly and she was lovely. Recognised Relic a few places away from me on the barrier but I was too shy to say hello.

The crowd was the best behaved I've seen in a while. Quite subdued but then I prefer that in a way because it means I'm less likely to get killed, or something... One older, skin-headed fool pushed to the front for 'Tolerate' and seemed to be harrassing the women to the right of Relic to let him on the barrier or something, but they were having none of it - good show girls!

Given BSP's local connections I did wonder whether a significant portion of the crowd were there for them rather than the Manics, which may explain why the crowd were less active - I did notice quite a few people getting a lot more excited during BSP's set than at previous dates.

Was genuinely gutted that Nicky didn't do his acoustic track I correctly guessed the entire setlist before I even got there and I wish I'd had a few suprises, though I have to say that whilst I sit at home going "I could happily never hear bloody 'Roses' again", in practice the energy the band have onstage always wins me over and I always enjoy every song when I'm actually there.

GUTTED that the merchandise stall had no more satchels, particularly as I saw the guy giving somebody two of the things while he was setting up!! Got myself three more t-shirts, the tote bag, and a British Tea Power mug. Heh heh heh... British Tea Power! Best joke ever.

Further up this thread Relic was asking about the intro to Motown Junk - I'm sure I heard Nicky scream "ADAM ANT?!?!?!" in mock horror, though I notice somebody has identified part of it as Van Halen and he could just as easily have been saying that.

Now, do I do Winter Wonderland? One of the rescheduled Brixton gigs? Not Kings of Leon, I bet their fans are scary...

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 04-11-2010, 14:05
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
ADFL Finale
Aaaaaargh, the back of my head! I spent aaaaages on me hair and then the bloody rain ruined it I've never, ever had nice hair at a Manics gig!!

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 04-11-2010, 14:59
Builder of routine

Kev, that was maybe one of the sweetest things I've ever read. I hope to see you in Birmingham, glad the gig was a success for everyone.