Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-02-2019, 02:01
Winterlover

As there are a few pictures of/posts about people reading copies of the book out there, are we to assume those are advance copies, or ‘real’ ones that somehow got out? Kind of surprised nothing significant from them has found its way out yet but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it may be hard for it to sink without a trace, alas. I hate that it can’t just go away without causing any further damage. Raaage.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:32
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
As there are a few pictures of/posts about people reading copies of the book out there, are we to assume those are advance copies, or ‘real’ ones that somehow got out? Kind of surprised nothing significant from them has found its way out yet but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it may be hard for it to sink without a trace, alas. I hate that it can’t just go away without causing any further damage. Raaage.
A friend who is also a member here, sent me a picture of the book that a music journalists posted a few weeks back on his IG. Kieran Evans responded with a “I wouldn’t bother mate...”. Haha! I’d post the pic and caption, but I can’t remember how to do it on here. Lol! The music journalists name is Andrew Trendell. Look up his page.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:18
Winterlover

Yesss, tell it Kieran. I found... I liked... I scuttled back here
Old 08-02-2019, 08:08
Knowlede Is Power

Check out @RichardREPEAT’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RichardREPEAT/st...085813762?s=09

Hetes a page of the book here that somone tweeted. This seems to be SHRs justification in saying that Richey hated the banf by the time he left. Contextualised by a random quote from a 2002 fanzine that proves absolutly nothing.

Last edited by Suicide Aldi; 07-10-2021 at 21:34.
Old 08-02-2019, 14:20
Banned

"One of the last works of art he completed..." Really, she makes him sound like Van Gough. He made collages. Nice collages, I'm sure. But still only a bunch of photos all mashed together. And if him using the caption "Moron Spastic Preachers" was meant as a sincere insult, then why was he so keen for them to keep using his lyrics even after he had gone?
Old 08-02-2019, 14:39
Knowlede Is Power

Ha ha I thought the same. A few pictures stuck on a board isn't the greatest of art!

I reckon a good 20-30%of this book is going to contain stories about how much the band let him down or how he was too good for them etc.
So much for reclaiming him from his rock star image!
I could be wrong but I'm quite confident I'm not lol.
Old 08-02-2019, 15:13
Winterlover

Richey neeeever made daft jokes/tongue-in-cheek remarks or wrote odd things on his artwork (‘FUCK YOU RICHEY’?!) eeeever ever. He was not one of a band that loves bizarre phrases and sound bites. All full srs bznz. And ooof that diss really packs a punch. Definitely suggests real beef.

The Israel thing currently has more justification than the band hate... lawl
Old 08-02-2019, 17:45
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post
Check out @RichardREPEAT’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RichardREPEAT/st...085813762?s=09

Hetes a page of the book here that somone tweeted. This seems to be SHRs justification in saying that Richey hated the banf by the time he left. Contextualised by a random quote from a 2002 fanzine that proves absolutly nothing.

I havnt really said much about this book so far as everyone else has been doing a fine job, but so much about this is pissing me right off. What a pile of BS.
What the actual hell?! That fanzine quote has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It’s literally just someone’s opinion about the band?! Surprised in all of SHR’s poaching about on this forum that she didn’t quote a bunch of people slagging off Postcards to ‘prove’ just how right Richey was to leave.

It’s kind of laughable, but also not because this really isn’t fair on the band at all.
Old 08-02-2019, 18:11
Knowlede Is Power

Somehow it needs to be made public the hate she has shown here previously for the band.
I know it can't really happen but I'm just thinking out loud.

She would then be seen as the bitter and biased 'author' that she is.

I'll at least be making sure it gets some awful reviews and yep I will read it before I do. In the shop.
There's no way I'm paying for it!
Old 08-02-2019, 18:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
Somehow it needs to be made public the hate she has shown here previously for the band.
I know it can't really happen but I'm just thinking out loud.

She would then be seen as the bitter and biased 'author' that she is.

I'll at least be making sure it gets some awful reviews and yep I will read it before I do. In the shop.
There's no way I'm paying for it!
I've been on Facebook telling people about it today. I'm wary of saying too much in case it looks like I'm the one with the vendetta, but I certainly haven't been silent about it. I know it's not much, but it's better than nothing. The fans deserve to know before they shell out for a hatchet job on the band we love.
Old 08-02-2019, 18:22
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
"One of the last works of art he completed..." Really, she makes him sound like Van Gough. He made collages. Nice collages, I'm sure. But still only a bunch of photos all mashed together. And if him using the caption "Moron Spastic Preachers" was meant as a sincere insult, then why was he so keen for them to keep using his lyrics even after he had gone?
I remember "kezia" wrote the Moron Spastic Preachers thing here. Erm, call me a pleb, but if he'd written that on a mash up of celebrities, models and cult figures, wouldn't he mean THEY were the Moron Spastic Preachers? Oh wait, I'm not deep enough.

The more I read, the more the word "psychopathy" attaches itself to a certain person.

EDIT: Looked for Kezia post and noticed a lot of that person's comments have gone, but found this:
http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...1&postcount=56
For 15 minutes I thought I'd hallucinated it.

Last edited by handbag; 08-02-2019 at 18:38. Reason: validating my sanity
Old 08-02-2019, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post
Saw that page earlier this week and... yeah. Not only is this person completely obsessed with her bizarre and pointless revenge, she also seems downright stupid. Trying to prove a point by tying together something that went on in 1994/1995 with a random quote by an outsider from 2002 is nothing but stupid! And desperate. Not to mention that I too do believe that "The Moron Spastic Preachers" indeed referred to the musicians, models, religious and cult figures in that particular collage.

Quote:
"One of the last works of art he completed..." Really, she makes him sound like Van Gough. He made collages. Nice collages, I'm sure. But still only a bunch of photos all mashed together.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the world of SHR & co. Paintings & Polaroids was seen as another act of exploiting Richey's legacy and insulting his memory. You know, with The True Artist being missing and all. Possibly forced to leave by Wire himself. In fact the book probably states how Wire didn't know what painting is until artistic Richard showed him.
Old 08-02-2019, 19:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
I remember "kezia" wrote the Moron Spastic Preachers thing here. Erm, call me a pleb, but if he'd written that on a mash up of celebrities, models and cult figures, wouldn't he mean THEY were the Moron Spastic Preachers? Oh wait, I'm not deep enough.

The more I read, the more the word "psychopathy" attaches itself to a certain person.

EDIT: Looked for Kezia post and noticed a lot of that person's comments have gone, but found this:
http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...1&postcount=56
For 15 minutes I thought I'd hallucinated it.

I don't think there can be any denying now that Kezia actually was Rachel, which is a shame. No one else would have known about this when those old posts were made.

FWIW, I think you're right. The caption was probably meant for the people in the pictures, rather than the band.
Old 08-02-2019, 20:20

Quote:

FWIW, I think you're right. The caption was probably meant for the people in the pictures, rather than the band.
Of course it did!
It’s a very unfortunate combination that Rachel is desparate and broken from missing her brother(and now her parents too), and that she also doesn’t seem smart enough to decipher even that.

God I feel sad for her. Getting together with that psychopath SHR who’s likely igniting these sides a whole lot.
But this stupidity must stop.
Old 08-02-2019, 20:53
Builder of routine

I don't remember "kezia" at all. I must have read the posts though cos I'm always on here. A shame indeed