Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-08-2016, 07:26
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
I don't remember ever seeing this on eBay, even for silly money. Would love to have it in addition to the normal album, as much as Richey's remaining lyrics were kinda the crucial point of the exercise(!)
Hmm rechecking I think this might not exist, I did a thorough search and found nothing online so I'll scrub that for now.
Old 22-08-2016, 07:52

And now onto Postcards From A Young Man. Due to the volume of live tracks released in this era they're again listed separately

Postcards From A Young Man
All tracks sourced from UK version of the album

Postcards From A Young Man - The Original Demos
All tracks sourced from deluxe UK version of the album with one addition
(It's Not War) Just The End Of Love (Nicky Wire Original Demo) [sourced from the cassette of demos with the PFAYM super deluxe 'shoe box' and unreleased elsewhere]

Postcards From A Young Man - Instrumental
Instrumental version of the whole album issued as a promo, I have no copy of this

Studio B-Sides
I'm Leaving You For Solitude [sourced from CD1 of the (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love single]
Distractions [sourced from CD1 of the (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love single]
Ostpolitik [sourced from CD1 of the (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love single]
Lost Voices [sourced from CD2 of the (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love single]
I Know The Numbers [sourced from a Qobuz download, also on the 7" of the (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love single]
Broken Up Again [taken from CD1 of the Some Kind Of Nothingness single]
Red Rubber [taken from CD1 of the Some Kind Of Nothingness single]
Evidence Against Myself [taken from CD1 of the Some Kind Of Nothingness single]
Slow Refections/Strange Delays [taken from CD2 of the Some Kind Of Nothingness single]
Time Ain't Nothing [taken from the 7" of the Some Kind Of Nothingness single, no CD or download release]
Inky Fingers [taken from CD1 of the Postcards From A Young Man single]
Engage With Your Shadow [taken from CD1 of the Postcards From A Young Man single]
Kiss My Eyes For Eternity [taken from CD1 of the Postcards From A Young Man single]
Midnight Sun [taken from CD2 of the Postcards From A Young Man single, recorded around KYE era so flexible where this one goes]
The Passing Show [taken from the 7" of the Postcards From A Young Man single, no CD or download release]
The Girl From Tiger Bay (Manics Demo) [was available for streaming on the Manics website and kindly ripped as a 128kbps MP3 by a member of this forum]

Live Tracks
Faster (Live From Hammersmith Working Men's Club 5th August 2010) [available only as a VBR MP3 from Amazon UK]
Some Kind Of Nothingness (Live On Later With Jools Holland 14th September 2010) [taken from a download from Qobuz]
Masses Against The Classes (Live From Newport Centre 23rd October 2010) [taken from a download from Qobuz]
Sleepflower (Live from Manchester Apollo 14th October 2010) [taken from a download from Qobuz]
Yes (Live from Manchester Apollo 14th October 2010) [taken from a download from Qobuz]
This Joke Sport Severed (Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1st June 2009)[issued as download as part of the Postcards From A Young Man singles, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Peeled Apples (Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1st June 2009)[issued as download as part of the Postcards From A Young Man singles, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Marlon J. D. (Live at Belfast Ulster Hall 6th June 2009)[issued as download as part of the Postcards From A Young Man singles, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Faster (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Autumnsong (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Life Becoming A Landslide (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
The Everlasting (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
The Masses Against The Classes (Live Acoustic On The Dermot O'Leary Show 5th March 2011) [taken from the 2011 'Dermot O'leary Presents The Saturday Sessions 2011' CD compilation]

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 22-08-2016 at 09:38.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:38

National Treasures and A Night Of National Treasures era. Since A Night Of National Treasures era never got a release I've listed them in playlist order and where they eventually got released

National Treasures & This Is The Day B-Sides
This Is The Day [taken from National Treasures]
We Were Never Told [taken from Qobuz download]
Rock 'N' Roll Genius [taken from promo This Is The Day CD single issued with preorders of National Treasures from HMV.com, also on Japanese National Treasures CD]
Love's Sweet Exile (Acoustic) [only available as VBR MP3 from Amazon UK]
The Endless Of Fortune [only issued on vinyl National Treasures - The Selected Singles with Q 304]
This Is The Day (Instrumental) [taken from a promo CD of This Is The Day, not released elsewhere]
Ocean Spray (Live From Channel 4's SEAT Ontrack) [very limited release of 100 'SEAT Ontrack Vinyl', I don't have this at all]
You Love Us (Live From Channel 4's SEAT Ontrack) [very limited release of 100 'SEAT Ontrack Vinyl', I don't have this at all]
Tsunami (Live From Channel 4's SEAT Ontrack) [very limited release of 100 'SEAT Ontrack Vinyl', I don't have this at all]
This Is The Day (Live From Channel 4's SEAT Ontrack) [very limited release of 100 'SEAT Ontrack Vinyl', available as free 128kbps MP3 which is the version I have]
This Is The Day (Acoustic Version) [issued as 320kbps MP3 download from 7Digital, now deleted]

A Night Of National Treasures
You Stole The Sun From My Heart (Live at the O2) [from Live At The O2 EP download available from Qobuz]
Motorcycle Emptiness (Live at the O2) [from Live At The O2 EP download available from Qobuz]
(It's Not War) Just The End Of Love (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]
She Is Suffering (Live at the O2) [sourced from Anthem For A Lost Cause single from Qobuz]
From Despair To Where (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]
Empty Souls (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]
Let Robeson Sing (Live at the O2) [free 320kbps MP3 download from Manics website, now gone]
Faster (Live at the O2) [available as free 320kbps MP3 download via signup from the Manics website, now deleted]
Life Becoming A Landslide (Live at the O2) [taken from the Japanese version of the Rewind The Film deluxe 2CD edition]
Kevin Carter (Live at the O2) [available as free 320kbps MP3 download via signup from the Manics website, now deleted]
Little Baby Nothing (Live at the O2) [taken from the Japanese version of the Rewind The Film deluxe 2CD edition]
Stay Beautiful (Live at the O2) [taken from Rewind The Film deluxe 2CD edition]
There By The Grace Of God (Live at the O2) [taken from Rewind The Film deluxe 2CD edition]
You Love Us (Live at the O2) [take from the Japanese version of the Futurology CD]
Theme From M*A*S*H (Suicide Is Painless) (Live at the O2) [from Live At The O2 EP download available from Qobuz]
Revol (Live at the O2) [taken from Rewind The Film deluxe 2CD edition]
The Love Of Richard Nixon (Live at the O2) [taken from Rewind The Film deluxe 2CD edition]
Ocean Spray (Live at the O2) [take from the Japanese version of the Futurology CD]
The Masses Against The Classes (Live at the O2) [free VBR MP3 from Amazon UK, now deleted]
Postcards From A Young Man (Live at the O2) [from Live At The O2 EP download available from Qobuz]
Your Love alone Is Not Enough (Live at the O2) [taken from Rewind The Film deluxe 2CD edition]
Slash N Burn (Live at the O2) [available as free 320kbps MP3 download via signup from the Manics website, now deleted]
Tsunami (Live at the O2) [sourced from Show Me The Wonder single from Qobuz]
Motown Junk (Live at the O2) [available as free 320kbps MP3 download via signup from the Manics website, now deleted]
A Design For Life (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 22-08-2016 at 13:21.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:51

Rewind The Film, live tracks merged in again apart from O2 tracks which were added the A Night Of National Treasures

Rewind The Film
Sourced from UK version of the album with one addition
As Holy As The Soul (That Buries Your Skin) [promo only version with Captain Beefheart intro]

Rewind The Film - The Original Demos
Sourced from deluxe UK version of the album

B-Sides
Wake Up Alone [from 'Back To Back To Black' compilation CD issued with August 2012 Q magazine]
Show Me The Wonder (instrumental) [taken from promo CD of Show Me The Wonder]
Melancholyme [taken from Qobuz download]
T.E. Lawrence On A Bike [only released as the first 7" of the Show Me The Wonder single, no CD or download release]
Whatever Happened To The Blue Generation [only released as the second 7" of the Show Me The Wonder single, no CD or download release]
Show Me The Wonder (Wales Online Acoustic) [available as a free 160kbps MP3 download from Wales Online, can't find it so possibly deleted]
Death Of A Digital Ghost [taken from Qobuz download]
See It Like Sutherland [taken from Qobuz download]
Let Robeson Sing (Acoustic) [Live On The Dermot O'Leary Show 23rd November 2013 [taken from the 2014 'The Saturday Sessions From The Dermot O'leary Show' compilation CD]

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 22-08-2016 at 13:07.
Old 22-08-2016, 09:05

And finally after much typing it's now right up to date with Futurology. Bonus tracks from the Deluxe version moved to b-sides.

I also moved the tracks recorded for Radio 4 Mastertapes in 2014 released on the 20th anniversary boxset of The Holy Bible into the era. I also counted Before You Leave as a Manics track.

Futurology
All tracks sourced from UK version of the album

Futurology - The Demos
All tracks sourced from tracks 1-13 of the deluxe UK version of the album

B-Sides
Walk Me To The Bridge (Live From Ancienne Belgique, Brussels) [taken from Qobuz download]
The Sound Of Detachment [taken from Qobuz download]
Called [taken from Qobuz download]
Blistered Mirrors [taken from 2CD deluxe version of Futurology]
Empty Motorcade [taken from 2CD deluxe version of Futurology]
The Last Time I Saw Paris [taken from 2CD deluxe version of Futurology]
Anti Social Manifesto [taken from Qobuz download]
Kodawari [taken from Qobuz download]
4st 7lb (Live on Radio 4 Mastertapes, Maida Vale, September 2014) [from the 2014 20th anniversary boxset of The Holy Bible]
Faster (Live on Radio 4 Mastertapes, Maida Vale, September 2014) [from the 2014 20th anniversary boxset of The Holy Bible]
P.C.P. (Live on Radio 4 Mastertapes, Maida Vale, September 2014) [from the 2014 20th anniversary boxset of The Holy Bible]
This Is Yesterday (Live on Radio 4 Mastertapes, Maida Vale, September 2014) [from the 2014 20th anniversary boxset of The Holy Bible]
Everything Must Go (Acoustic Live On Absolute Radio) Available on the 2014 'Q Presents Absolute Radio Sessions Volume 1' compilation CD given free with Q314
Start Me Up [taken from the 2014 'BBC Radio 2's Sounds Of The 80s' compilation CD]
(Feels Like) Heaven [taken from the 2016 'BBC Radio 2 Sounds Of The 80s, Vol 2' compilation CD]
Before I Leave [2016 track done by James & Nicky for Patrick Jones' play of the same name, free VBR MP3 download from National Theatre Of Wales website]
Together Stronger (C'Mon Wales) [taken from the 2016 'Together Stronger (C'Mon Wales)' CD single]
The Universe Explodes Into A Billion Photons Of Pure White Light (Remix By Manic Street Preachers) taken from the Membranes remix album 'Inner Space/Outer Light' - cover of the original song rather than a remix

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 05-01-2019 at 07:50.
Old 22-08-2016, 09:19
Knowlede Is Power

Complete Postcards was released as an instrumental promo disc, 2 versions...one partial one complete.

Old 22-08-2016, 09:37

Now onto the extra stuff, this is the tracks where one of more members of the Manics wrote or recorded a track that was either

(a) With another band
(b) Done solo but not in the 2006 solo era

This is likely to be incomplete so I'd appreciate it if anyone could fill in any gaps

The Lightning Seeds - Waiting for Today to Happen [1996 from their Dizzy Heights, written with Nicky]
Northern Uproar - Rollercoaster/Rough Boys CD single [1996, all 4 tracks part produced by James]
808 State - Lopez [1997 single part written and sung by James, available on their 808:88:98 album]
Kylie Minogue - Some Kind Of Bliss [1997 from her Impossible Princess album, co-written with the Manics]
Kylie Minogue - I Don't Need Anyone [1997 from her Impossible Princess album, co-written with the Manics]
Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps (Manic Street Preachers version [1998, various bits and production done by James and issued on the Inertia Creeps CD single]
Tom Jones - I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone [1999 on his Reload album, various bits with James]
Patrick Jones - Commemoration and Amnesia [from his 1999 Commemoration and Amnesia album part written and with guitar by James]
Patrick Jones - The Guerrilla Tapestry [from his 1999 Commemoration and Amnesia album part written and with guitar by James]
Patrick Jones - Hireath [from his 1999 Commemoration and Amnesia album, spoken word bit in track with Nicky]
Regular Fries (Feat. Kool Keith) - Supersonicwave [I](James Dean Bradfield Mix) [2000 track pretty obviously remixed by James and on the single of the same name]
Johnny Boy – You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes And You Get What You Deserve [2004, single produced by James]
Johnny Boy – Johnny Boy Theme [2004, album track from their 'Johnny Boy' album produced by James]
New Young Pony Club - Chao (South Wales Swamp Mix) [Remix by the Manics, avaialbe on promo CDs and the iTunes version of their album 'The Optimist']
James Dean Bradfield - Janitor Of Lunacy [2008 track apparently from a live concert Life Along the Borderline: A Tribute to Nico, recorded at the Royal Festival Hall, London, 11th October 2008. I have this as a VBR MP3 and no idea where from]
James Dean Bradfield - Flashback [2008 instrumental track done for Patrick Jones' Revelation play, I have a 32kbps MP3 I suspect came from this forum at some point]
James Dean Bradfield - Stargazer [2008 instrumental track done for Patrick Jones' Revelation play, I have a 32kbps MP3 I suspect came from this forum at some point]
James Dean Bradfield - Shut The Door [2008 instrumental track done for Patrick Jones' Revelation play, I have a 32kbps MP3 I suspect came from this forum at some point]
Patrick Jones - Sapflow [2009, from Tongues For A Stammering Time with Nicky]
Patrick Jones - In Absentia [2009, from Tongues For A Stammering Time with James]
Patrick Jones - Revelation [2009, from Tongues For A Stammering Time with James]
Patrick Jones - Eleven, Eleven, Eleven [2009, from Tongues For A Stammering Time with James]
Shirley Bassey - The Girl From Tigers Bay [2009 from her The Performance album, track written by the Manics]
Boy Cried Wolf - The Firebrand [2010 track from their The Firebrand EP, guitar by James]
Boy Cried Wolf - No Comfort From Your Skin [2010 track from their The Firebrand EP, guitar by James and part written by Nicky]
Underworld - Diamond Jigsaw (James Dean Bradfield / Loz Williams Remix) [2012 Remix available on Jigsaw single including from Qobuz]
Herbert Grönemeyer - To the Sea [Featuring James from his 2012 album, 'The Walk']
Patrick Jones & James Dean Bradfield - It Will Take More Than A Grave To Bury You [2013 steaming only track on Soundcloud]
Various - Hubris [2015 5 track vinyl released on The Quietus Phonographic Corporation with music part done by Nicky]
Sarah Cracknell - Nothing Left To Talk About [2015 track on her Red Kite with Nicky doing guest vocals]
The Chamber Motion Picture Soundtrack 2007 Soundtrack done by James Dean Bradfield and mixed by Dave Eringa

Think that's all the ones I know of

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 13-05-2017 at 19:11.
Old 22-08-2016, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2 View Post
Complete Postcards was released as an instrumental promo disc, 2 versions...one partial one complete.
Forgot about that one, cheers I've added it now
Old 22-08-2016, 09:47

There are some other ones which are so rare I only know about them thanks to The Love Of.... All info taken directly from the site.

These appear to be so rare I've never even seen them on eBay and I've got tracks from none of these.

In Concert 683 [Promo CD containing a professional live recording by the BBC of the Manics performance at the Phoenix Festival, 20th July 1996.]
[B]In Concert 850[B] Promo CD containing a professional recording made at Cardiff Coal Exchange 08/03/01 by the BBC
James Dean Bradfield Live Session [Promo CD-R featuring acoustic performances of two tracks recorded on 29th March 2001.]
Live Tracks [CD-R promo. A live album may have been intended for release, and then shelved.]
Live at St. David's Hall [Promo CD-R recording of the performance at St. David's Hall, Cardiff, on 18 November 2002 as part of the 'Carling Homecoming' concerts.]
In Concert 920 [Promo CD-R containing a professional live recording made at Glastonbury 29/06/03 used for distribution amongst radio stations.
Note: the Manics also performed 'Everything Will Be' during their set-list but a recording of this was left off the CD.]

Live - Japan [Tracks recorded live during a Japanese tour in 2003 and compiled for broadcast on Xfm (a London based radio station).
Note: all tracks are combined as one continuous track and not all were broadcast.]

In Concert 1011 [Promo CD-R containing a professional live recording made at Glastonbury 24/06/07, used for distribution amongst radio stations.]
Forever Heavenly [Promo CD-R featuring tracks recorded live at Royal Festival Hall, London on 12th September 2008 to celebrate 18 years of Heavenly Records.]

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 31-08-2016 at 11:22.
Old 22-08-2016, 09:49

And that's it folks, everything bar remixes or shortened radio edits that I know they've ever released commercially, as a promo or a download.

Hope it helps you plug gaps you're missing as I found several tracks and variations I didn't know existed. Any questions or need more detail on anything let me know and I'll do my best to answer it (if I know).

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 22-08-2016 at 13:22.
Old 22-08-2016, 11:22
Doors slowly closing

Extracurricular adds...

Sarah Cracknell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkNOnb5sPrc

Regular Fries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG3LIHhmW8

JDB & the Wire recently kicked Sean out of the band to record Before I Leave for Patrick Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMILcdWs-M

JDB wrote the score for an arthouse film that I'm sure has been lost to the vaults.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-o...-james-3317942
Old 22-08-2016, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Extracurricular adds...

Sarah Cracknell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkNOnb5sPrc

Regular Fries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG3LIHhmW8

JDB & the Wire recently kicked Sean out of the band to record Before I Leave for Patrick Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMILcdWs-M

JDB wrote the score for an arthouse film that I'm sure has been lost to the vaults.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-o...-james-3317942
Cheers folded those in now, I counted Before I Leave as a Manics track in the Futurology era to keep it simple. Yeah I've not seen any more on that arthouse film soundtrack, think it's alas probably dead.
Old 22-08-2016, 20:33
A self-made vacuum

A few more:

Johnny Boy - Johnny Boy Theme (JDB produced)
Underworld - Jigsaw (JDb / Loz Williams remix)
New Young Pony Club – Chaos (MSP mix)
Beautiful South – Ol’ Red Eyes Is back [Much Later with… VHS] – JDB (Vocals/Guitar)
Grönemeyer – To The Sea – JDB (guitar)

I believe the instrumental version of JFPL does exist. But I've only seen it once on ebay. It went for well over £100. Anyway here's JCEQT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcHXURJOkQ

Also BORTH as mentioned above was a video installation so its likely it won't get shown again since its initial screening. James has also down some stuff for Patrick Jones' plays and also a short film he did years back called The Absents which was on PJs showreel DVD that he was at one point selling through his myspace page.

Last edited by Nobody; 22-08-2016 at 20:38.
Old 22-08-2016, 22:09

There was an exclusive session version of Everything Must Go given away on this CD:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Q-Pr...elease/6318574

Also another Patrick Jones / James track, It Will Take More Than A Grave To Bury You:

https://soundcloud.com/patrickjonesp...e-than-a-grave
Old 23-08-2016, 18:16

Cheers for the info guys, I'll update posts ASAP to select them. This is proving really useful to me collating all this together, I'm finding tons of stuff I never knew was out there.