Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: PFAYM album chart success
No.1 42 27.45%
No.2 38 24.84%
No.3 25 16.34%
No. 4 - 6 24 15.69%
No. 7 - 10 10 6.54%
No. 10 - 20 12 7.84%
Less than No. 20 2 1.31%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2010, 12:36
Winterlover

PFAYM and its singles chart success prediction

I've been thinking about it for a while and I'd love to know what do Manics expect....

I think/hope that

the album will be No.1
first single will be No.1
second single will be No.2
third single will be No.9
and the fourth single (yes, the fourt single!) will be No. 18

what do You think?

edit: er...please take 10-20 as 11-20

Last edited by Donkey; 09-06-2010 at 12:42.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:59
I am purity, they call me perverted

Think the album has every chance of getting a number 1 depending on how well the first single does and the reviews go, depends what else is released the same week I guess. As for the singles, I predict the usual number 2 slot for the first one and then the rest will be anywhere outside the top 10. I haven't actually checked the charts since about 1996 anyway.
Old 09-06-2010, 13:41
Knowlede Is Power

If it doesn't get a mega-superstar rival on the release week, PFAYM might hit the top spot. Single wise - I don't know, it has to be a strong catchy lead single to hit it, just like YLAINE was.

Old 09-06-2010, 13:44
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
I'd like to invoke the wrath of the Gods and the cosmic order by predicting the album will get to number one. (There I've jinxed it now. Tui Fui Ego Eris)
It would be great for the Manics to get a sceond number one beginning with "I" but it will probably be held off by some auto-tuned arsehole?
Old 09-06-2010, 13:47
I live to fall asleep

I think maybe second or third position for album
Maybe 11 - 15 single wise though
But what do I know!

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT.
Old 09-06-2010, 14:40
Footprint of history

Middle reaches of the album chart top ten seems reasonable. Dunno about the singles, have to actually hear those first as single placings are more dependent on the song itself when you're dealing with a band like the Manics (established fanbase, not trendy, moderate importance for major label). There won't be a hype wave to number one, that's for sure.
Old 09-06-2010, 14:42
I am purity, they call me perverted

Well JFPL was number 1 for a bit wasn't it? So if this is commercial, and doesn't have some big pop competition, it should easily make it to number 1.

Singles, well top 10 for sure I'd guess. If it's going to please young kids (I dunno, but for some reason, judging by the charts, they seem to be the ones spending the money the most) it could be number 1 for the first single.
Old 09-06-2010, 14:52
Footprint of history

JFPL did'nt reach No 1, I think it peaked at No. 2. The single will probably chart fairly high due to a 3 format thingy and disapear, unless it reaches another audience like Your Love Alone. Singles by the more rock/indie acts do pretty crap lately.
Old 09-06-2010, 14:55
Bored of being bored

JFPL peaked at 3, but it had to fight against new releases by Eminem and Green Day. If their won't be another huge band to release an album that week, it will chart at least at 2.
Old 09-06-2010, 15:13
I live to fall asleep

Depends on who else is released that week or week before but the album will make top 5 easily I'm sure we'll all agree on that one. I'll go for #4 but hope #1 obviously.
As for first single, it depends on how good it is and whether it'll attract casual fans / none fans to buy the song and also what formats it'll be released. I hope there is a physical release, cos if it's just a crappy download I'll wait a week to get it on the album CD!
Old 09-06-2010, 15:25
Winterlover

Doubt the singles will do that well, as I can't imagine much in the way of support form Radio 1. Lol. Saying that though YLAINE got to no 2 so.... God knows!
Old 09-06-2010, 16:20
Builder of routine

yes, it all depends when will it be released. if the week won't be to busy, we might even get Manics on the cover of NME! I don't expect Q, those idiots prefer putting the Gallaghers 5 times a year than the Manics once in 5 years. the last Q Manics cover was 9 years ago. NME generally put them once a year, they didn't give anything in 2004. because the sales depend on the promotion. they should do mega internet campaign, maybe another international hit?
Old 09-06-2010, 16:36
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
yes, it all depends when will it be released. if the week won't be to busy, we might even get Manics on the cover of NME! I don't expect Q, those idiots prefer putting the Gallaghers 5 times a year than the Manics once in 5 years. the last Q Manics cover was 9 years ago. NME generally put them once a year, they didn't give anything in 2004. because the sales depend on the promotion. they should do mega internet campaign, maybe another international hit?
I think we'll have a few Manics magazine covers? The "10th album" angle might get them on. Might even make the "Classic Rock" and "Guitarist" covers? I'll even put my money on them making the covers of Q, Mojo and the NME. Just as long as nobody massive dies in the week and month they were due on?
Is there anyone left who's big enough to die and take all the covers? Oh yeah... McCartney... etc...
Old 09-06-2010, 16:38
I live to fall asleep

Can we dare hope for a new Blackstar ad?
Old 09-06-2010, 17:01
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I think we'll have a few Manics magazine covers? The "10th album" angle might get them on. Might even make the "Classic Rock" and "Guitarist" covers? I'll even put my money on them making the covers of Q, Mojo and the NME. Just as long as nobody massive dies in the week and month they were due on?
Is there anyone left who's big enough to die and take all the covers? Oh yeah... McCartney... etc...
Dear Sir Paul,
could you not die before October/November please?
your sincerely

this post wasn't an offence, I really love The Beatles and Paul's other works, he's my second favourite Beatle