Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-10-2009, 21:45
I am purity, they call me perverted

RANDUM FANS OMG JUNO
Old 09-11-2009, 21:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

This wasn't exactly a random FAN encounter, but I live in the United States so I'll take what I can get. Over the weekend I was in a Border's Bookstore to buy some books for my nephew's birthday. While there I decided to check out the music biography section, just in case there was the slim, slim, slim, slim chance that there were any books about the Manics (they DID have the JFPL CD in the music section, so there was a teensy bit of hope). A store employee had to point me in the right direction, and sure enough, nothing there, so I went to check out.

The clerk at the cash register was the same person who helped me earlier and asked if I found what I was looking for. I told him no, but I wasn't really expecting to. He asked what it was, and I off handedly said, "Oh, there's this band from the UK called the Manic Street Preachers, and I was looking for stuff about them." To which, instead of getting the blank stare and crickets chirping, he replied, "Oh, I didn't know they were from over there." Which got ME starring at him as I said, "Oh, you've HEARD of them before?" Turns out his girlfriend was a fan and he said she has a lot of their stuff (but evidently she was not a big enough fan to drag him to one of the recent US concerts because when I mentioned their recent tour he replied, "Oh yeah, I heard something about that.")

So yeah. Someone else who's heard of them - close enough to running into another fan for me!
Old 09-11-2009, 21:08
Stretched out in the sun

Eww no, meeting Manics fans is horrid!

It's not like I made half of my close knit friends because out of that, or a fiance or anything.

I'm the best in the World, if not the entire Universe.