Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-01-2011, 03:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

One of my favorite moments is Moore and JDB in the studio twiddling away on acoustics talking through the best way to tackle a melody..

And The Wire and JDB banging heads on strings in autumnsong and imperial bodybags was a treat.
Old 16-01-2011, 18:32
Administrator

Everlasting - all of those. Rare footage and richey interviews very professionally cleaned up, lots of bits of ppf and satt tour footage, lots of fans and lots of insightful, interesting and funny behind the scenes and interview with the band. Esp james cooking, nicky with molly, sean with his guns. Not to give too many spoilers but it's brilliant and funny and I think will appeal to non fans. Also I didn't manage to escape from being filmed. Lol
Old 16-01-2011, 19:18
I live to fall asleep

Thanks for those tid bits Takk, sounds quality. I'll re-watch it on DVD time and time again!! Was wondering, how does it flow, like does it start with maybe footage of the early days and then have a commentary over the top from the film makers and then bits from the band and fans chatting, and it comes up to modern day slowly touching on each period of the bands history? Also, if you can remember, does it have Sleepflower in it? Cos I remember a clip on one trailer you can hear someone shout out SLEEPFLOWER at a gig. Thanks
Old 16-01-2011, 21:09
Born to end

looking forward to seeing this DVD, any chance of it coming out this year?
Old 16-01-2011, 21:27
Administrator

No it doesn't have a film-maker commentary - the story is told via words and fans and the band...it flows roughly with time, but not in a plodding way....but in a way that intersperses the history with modern stuff. There's some sleepflower and a really cool interview with sean about playing sleepflower.
Old 17-01-2011, 05:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

Yeah Sean talkin bout sleepflower got a ton of laughs from the crowd..

Really thought that they did a good job of interspersing the history of the manics with there apprehension that was evident during the recordin of satt: interesting to see nickys thoughts on if lifeblood failed and how satt may be there last shot as a big time band
Old 17-01-2011, 14:25
otolemur

I begged for the day off work and made the trek from Boston to see the movie, and it was definitely worth it. Loved it and can't wait to see it again. Have to say my favorite bits both involved Sean: guns & Sleepflower. Hope everyone gets to see the film soon!
Old 17-01-2011, 14:32
Stretched out in the sun

How many people turned up to the screening?
Old 17-01-2011, 14:42
I live to fall asleep

WHat does Sean do, moan and swear about SLeepflower or something? haha.
Isn't there some animation in the film too cos there's a bit in the trailer at the end? Ooo and that reminds me, what happens about Underdogs famous edit in there, cos I'm sure someone said it was during a rough cut of the film? Thanks
Old 17-01-2011, 15:40
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by otolemur View Post
I begged for the day off work and made the trek from Boston to see the movie, and it was definitely worth it. Loved it and can't wait to see it again. Have to say my favorite bits both involved Sean: guns & Sleepflower. Hope everyone gets to see the film soon!
Ooh, another Boston fan! Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Noir View Post
I'll let Elizabeth answer that more accurately than I can, but the (small) room was pretty close to full! I'm glad some other FDers got to come too, who didn't make it to the meetup. I didn't know there were more of us in the room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
WHat does Sean do, moan and swear about SLeepflower or something? haha.
Isn't there some animation in the film too cos there's a bit in the trailer at the end? Ooo and that reminds me, what happens about Underdogs famous edit in there, cos I'm sure someone said it was during a rough cut of the film? Thanks
Yes, there's some hilarious bits of animation Nothing about the edit specifically that I can remember; it was more about the overall fan reaction to Underdogs.
Old 17-01-2011, 16:54
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Noir View Post
It was a small showing, mainly for industry people, but it seems like maybe 10-15 fans were there, and maybe 20-30 others, not sure. It seemed to go down really well with everyone, fans or not.
Old 17-01-2011, 18:38
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
It was a small showing, mainly for industry people, but it seems like maybe 10-15 fans were there, and maybe 20-30 others, not sure. It seemed to go down really well with everyone, fans or not.
That's good news. I'd love to see it get distributed properly.
Old 17-01-2011, 19:00
Administrator

Yeah, me too. It really is such a different Manics documentary, and it will appeal to people who don't like the Manics. The soundtrack is all their recordings of the music too, so it's fresh.
Old 17-01-2011, 19:33
Under neon loneliness

Location: In North Cornwall, bemoaning our lack of comedy venues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
An idea for the UK launch could be forming a MSP cover band to play at the party/elsewhere... there are some talented people in the musicians forum on here! I'd do it
Bagsy Traci Lords' part in Little Baby Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Also I didn't manage to escape from being filmed. Lol
Okay, now I definitely want to see it! This is one of those things that I would love to look back on and see some of my friends from the Manics community.

Look, I went and wrote some books for kids....(clicky linky!)
"The best thing in life to hold onto is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49
I live to fall asleep

Was just wondering, for anyone who saw this, how much footage is spent on Richey in the film is what footage is shown exactly and what do the band/fans have to comment on him?
Also, I was curious, how did the film end?