Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-07-2015, 20:12
An imitation of dignity

One song. One feeling.

Ever felt that a song keeps you up all night? Ever felt that a song gives you shivers? Happy? Sad? Whatever... The manics have always given us sounds and lyrics that always seems to lead to some " undiscovered " feelings. I want to know your true feelings of a manics song. I can start with a couple:

Missguided Missile. Air Malaysia. Cant imagine the horror of the people onboard the plane...

Cardiff Afterlife: The perfect song to end a movie.. If it makes sense..

Motorcycle Emptiness: The feeling of being young and pure. Hope.
Old 15-07-2015, 09:15
Bored of being bored

1985 - The year I was born.
Old 16-07-2015, 21:33
I am purity, they call me perverted

Askew Road - looking at a specific time in the past fondly, not wanting to relive it, but maybe missing aspects of it. That's what the song is about, and they fucking nail the feeling of it with the music and it's aesthetics.
Old 16-07-2015, 22:16

All of the THB gives me the shivers, makes me feel happy and sad and Faster was the first song i'd heard played live in a while and it was fantastic. I love the line If you stand up like a nail then you will be knocked down. I wonder if Richey wrote that.

Also the songs from Lifeblood particularly Empty Souls as it reminds me of winter time.

I also love A Design for Life because of the whole Manics sentiment.

Last edited by rosetree; 16-07-2015 at 22:20.
Old 18-07-2015, 00:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetree View Post
I love the line If you stand up like a nail then you will be knocked down. I wonder if Richey wrote that.
No, it's a Japanese proverb. "Deru kui wa utareru". The nail that stands highest gets hammered down.
Old 18-07-2015, 02:44
I live to fall asleep

Location: I live in Seoul (S. Korea), but I'm from Umag (Croatia)
In my life in Korea, there was a certain point when my boyfriend was no longer enough for my social life. I needed friends, possibly female friends. Not that I've got problems with males, or feeling uncomfortable, or anything, it's just that I grew up surrounded with sisters. But we all need some same-sex friendship, don't we?

Anyway, Litany kinda spoke to me when I was in that state of mind back then and the feelings I've felt.

Also, I know Death of a Digital Ghost is about Richey, but I felt like it really did speak to me at a certain point of some momentary "depressions" and self-conflicts. The song felt like someone's warm hug of comfort.

And a final one about Autumn Song. It's not real a feeling, more of a random thought, but I'll put it here anyway. The lyrics sound like Nicky wrote them after a father-puberty daughter conversation.