Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-06-2015, 20:35
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
You've a right not to use communications methods, but then you can't reasonably complain if you're not communicated with.

I wonder how many collaborations or other opportunities MSP passed up because "they don't do email" - these things matter.
Thats bollocks.... their agents have email which is how collaborations usually happen... *my people will talk to your people*
Old 15-06-2015, 20:40
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
You've a right not to use communications methods, but then you can't reasonably complain if you're not communicated with.

I wonder how many collaborations or other opportunities MSP passed up because "they don't do email" - these things matter.
Nick does use email now,at least.

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 16-06-2015, 05:28
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Thats bollocks.... their agents have email which is how collaborations usually happen... *my people will talk to your people*
Aye, surely most of it goes through the management? If someone really wanted to work with them, I doubt not being able to email would put them off?
Old 16-06-2015, 07:40
Stretched out in the sun

Yeah.. they've had a hell of a lot of collaborations since the turn of the century actually. Off the top of my head, Andy Cato, Nina Persson, Charlotte Church, the midget from The Enemy, Ian McCulloch John Cale, Duff McKagan, KT Tunstall, Cate Le Bon, Lucy Rose, Green Garside, Andy Cairns, Jamie Roberts... And the opportunities? What, like appearing on Jools Holland every time they've got an album to promote, Saturday Kitchen/Sunday Brunch or whatever it's called, Strictly Come Dancing, getting their songs on Match Of The Day and other sports programs and having their first ever US TV performance on the Late Late Show? Yeah, they don't do badly...
Old 22-06-2015, 18:44
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
I don't think James has ever said he's anti-technology ... he's just not interested in email or whatever. It's not unusual for someone his age. He's not been forced to learn through work like the rest of us, and being James Dean Fucking Bradfield i'm sure people will make the effort to contact him through traditional means
I'm always making the effort to communicate with him through the traditional means of knocking on the door. He doesn't answer. ....Think the court order came through the traditional means of the post too....

I only possess a mobile because someone gave me one, then another one. I don't understand the concept of mobile. I like email...mainly cos it means you don't have to talk to people
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson