Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-06-2015, 14:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Dragging this thread back from page 11!

1. That band with the cumbersome name you saw at Phoenix 1996 is going to become very important to you in three years. You should buy up all their albums now before you return to Canada and really give them a chance. It will be good for you.

2. Yeah, you're feeling alienated and turned off by that 2007 album but wait it out. You need to pay attention in 2009 because you're going to love JFPL. More importantly, the band is coming back to Toronto ten years after you last saw them and you will not forgive yourself for missing this. Also, do whatever you can to get to that Detroit show.

3. Don't be so damn nonchalant about the 2015 North American tour. Queue earlier, dress for the occasion, hang around afterwards. Look into going to either the D.C. or Chicago gig too.

In other words, I made many mistakes and missed many chances, I REGRET EVERYTHING.
Old 23-06-2015, 21:53
I am purity, they call me perverted

Hi, my first post here! And a good place to start.

1) Wear your faux fur coat to college more often, but drop the rest of the Nicky Wire look - it's not that flattering on a 17 year old girl!

2) Richey doesn't have the explanation for your sadness, he probably didn't have the explanation for his own.

3) Don't give up on them after Know Your Enemy, there are still some great albums to come.

Carrie x
Old 24-06-2015, 12:53
Desire on its knees

1) Just because the Manics (or even just Nicky Wire) don't like a band doesn't mean you have to dislike them. You're a person who can form their own opinions!
2) Don't try and get everyone you know into the Manics. It won't work. They'll think they're good but they won't get why you're so obsessed with them.
3) You'll fall completely head over heels in love with this band, but don't let your obsession with them take over your life so much. They'll be a great source of comfort to you at a difficult time but don't let them become the only thing that makes you feel happy.

Also: go to the Manchester Ritz gig in September 2013 instead of going to your friend's 21st. You'll have a much better time. Make more of an effort with the one big Manics fan you meet at uni - you have a lot in common and she'll be a great gig buddy if nothing else (she went to that gig) and your poor boyfriend won't get dragged along every time (he loves it really) I also wish I'd got into them earlier, missed out on some great gigs because I didn't! They were the band that sparked my desire to go and see bands I liked live.
01/06/15 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall
Old 27-06-2015, 19:19
Footprint of history

1) Go to the PPF gig. Yes, I know it's a faff/money you can barely afford, but seriously, you will regret not going.

2) Make sure you copy TIMTTMY onto that cassette properly, because missing the end of 'Be Natural' + ' 'Nobody Loved You' is depriving yourself of songs you love. You are not missing out on 'S.Y.M.M.'.

3) This is the coolest this band will be in your fandom. Yes, I know that's not very cool (seriously, a number 1 about the Spanish Civil War) but it's all downhill for coolness from here. In fact, in five years time when everyone at university thinks you're some kind of cool music oracle, they will laugh in shock when they discover your Manics love. You will love this. Tell more people you love them.
Old 28-06-2015, 16:43
Bored of being bored

1) Never underestimate the importance of makeup wipes - these are a necessity lest you want to wake up looking like a panda. Also glittery eyeshadow is the most stubborn thing known to mankind, it may take a while to remove
2) Keep your ticket stubs, in a few years time you're going to regret not having these little things as a reminder of the amazing nights out you've had
3) Spending your spare time playing Manics songs on the guitar isn't gonna go to waste, quite the contrary, may seem like a long wait but one day they'll have a chance to be played in public - and in front of Manics fans!

Maniac Street Preachers
Condemned to Rock N Roll