Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-12-2013, 08:43
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent View Post
Yeah, this. Chart positions are meaningless to most rock bands nowadays, for the Manics you'd expect it to be no different. Their 'Archivist' hasn't been tweeting about how well SMTW and AFALC have done in the charts like he did with the singles from PFAYM. This isn't a 'mass communication' Manics anymore but a Manics purely existing for their own and their dedicated fans' satisfaction.
It could just be that *SHOCK HORROR* Arctic Monkeys have the energy, youth and enthusiasm to release great singles. The Manics of now just go through the motions a lot more.
Old 19-12-2013, 09:42
Bored out of my mind

Could just be that the British public has no taste!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 19-12-2013, 10:24
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Could just be that the British public has no taste!
I think we more or less recieved confirmation of this when Blurred Lines became the highest selling song of the year!
Old 19-12-2013, 18:33
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent View Post
Yeah, this. Chart positions are meaningless to most rock bands nowadays, for the Manics you'd expect it to be no different. Their 'Archivist' hasn't been tweeting about how well SMTW and AFALC have done in the charts like he did with the singles from PFAYM. This isn't a 'mass communication' Manics anymore but a Manics purely existing for their own and their dedicated fans' satisfaction.
I still, probably naively , would like to know why they bothered at all if that was the case .
Old 19-12-2013, 19:47
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinrunnin View Post
I still, probably naively , would like to know why they bothered at all if that was the case .
I think it's just what they know and what they're familiar with. They're still quite traditional in that regard. Plus, it's given them the chance to use the music video as a vehicle for what they're trying to capture through some of the songs on RTF.
Old 19-12-2013, 19:47
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
It could just be that *SHOCK HORROR* Arctic Monkeys have the energy, youth and enthusiasm to release great singles. The Manics of now just go through the motions a lot more.
I like Arctic Monkeys considerably more than the next girl, I think all the singles off AM should have been number 1s! Point is, other great guitar bands don't seem to be getting a look in, even the ones whose albums do reasonably well and do successful tours like the manics.