Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-01-2011, 23:55
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Yeah, but it's still more likely than the BBC ignoring it completely.
Are you talking about the Cardiff thing or Nicky being asked to write for DW? Cos I don't follow if you mean the latter.
Old 28-01-2011, 23:59
Administrator

I mean if RTD has at least given the idea a mention, it's a step up from Nicky just writing a script and being ignored by the BBC. It doesn't mean it's going to become reality, but at least they are aware of it. RTD might not be in charge but he's still involved with Torchwood and SJA and I'm sure the people making DRW would listen to him if he suggested something.
Old 29-01-2011, 00:01
Bored out of my mind

But we don't know if RTD has discussed it much beyond interviews like this on a serious level of actually wanting it made. Afterall, people often say they want to work with other famous people when asked in interviews, often out of politeness It has been reported in the press a fair bit, maybe he'd just been told about that. I'll believe it when I see it anyway...
Old 29-01-2011, 00:15
Doors slowly closing

Thinking it is marginally more likely doesn't mean 'OMG IT'S DEFINITE!'! Just that's it's more likely than if no-one at the BBC was even aware of it. Or, if they were but they had a negative reaction to both/either the idea of Nicky being involved and/or the premise of the story as far as we know it.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 29-01-2011, 00:22
Bored out of my mind

Well we don't actually know what the BBC thinks about it beyond RTD. That article says they've yet to have contact with Nicky about it. So whilst no it doesn't make it 'OMG IT'S DEFINITE!' I don't think based on that article it makes it that much more likelier at the moment either.
Old 29-01-2011, 00:47
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Well we don't actually know what the BBC thinks about it beyond RTD. That article says they've yet to have contact with Nicky about it. So whilst no it doesn't make it 'OMG IT'S DEFINITE!' I don't think based on that article it makes it that much more likelier at the moment either.
No, it is, it's at least 0.000000000000001% more likely to happen now, and therefore must be worth a thread on here at least

---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 29-01-2011, 12:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

havent they kind of done this now with Van Gogh? lolz

it'll never happen. Come on, he never ended up writing for Cracker, did he?
Old 29-01-2011, 14:25
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soft_machine View Post
havent they kind of done this now with Van Gogh? lolz

it'll never happen. Come on, he never ended up writing for Cracker, did he?
Nicky is always good for some laughs
Old 30-01-2011, 18:07

yeah, Moffat's job is probbaly safe *lolz
Old 30-01-2011, 18:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
No, it is, it's at least 0.000000000000001% more likely to happen now, and therefore must be worth a thread on here at least
Well, RTD saying it's a good idea is a big step up from Nicky saying he's written a script. Maybe it doesn't mean it's any more likely but it changes it from just a fanboy script to a credible idea.
Old 30-01-2011, 18:11
Builder of routine

if nicky does finish the script they'll look at it. They don't accept unsolicited scripts but I doubt there's many celebs trying to write one lol
Old 30-01-2011, 18:14
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Well, RTD saying it's a good idea is a big step up from Nicky saying he's written a script. Maybe it doesn't mean it's any more likely but it changes it from just a fanboy script to a credible idea.
Not really, all he was doing was reacting to a question asked to him by a journalist, he had no idea before about it's existence, all he's thinking 'oh yes another bit of Welshness for the show, that's lovely' rather than 'you know what, it might actually be good!' Christ anyone who's read the lyrics to SYMM would think twice about reading it.
Old 30-01-2011, 19:16
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I agree with the first sentence, but I do think it makes it more likely, if only by a little tiny bit, that's all I meant by the post of mine you quoted. If nothing else it's evidence that someone involved in making Doctor Who recently is aware of the script, which must make it more likely that it might be made, that just stands to reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
Not really, all he was doing was reacting to a question asked to him by a journalist, he had no idea before about it's existence, all he's thinking 'oh yes another bit of Welshness for the show, that's lovely' rather than 'you know what, it might actually be good!' Christ anyone who's read the lyrics to SYMM would think twice about reading it.
Well no, because whatever you think of SYMM, Nicky has written some pretty amazingly great lyrics too, and he wouldn't have the final say on the script, so your point is kind of redundant there.

And even if RTD did only promote the idea slightly for purely nationalistic reasons (which is your assumption, though... possibly a fair one based on past evidence and the fact he's singing the praises of another famous Welsh person in the same story !! lol) it doesn't mean it's not improving the chances of it being made, if only by a little bit.

I find it kind of weird how people can possibly think this would not make it any more likely (if only by a tiny amount) that Nicky's script will end up being produced.

Old 30-01-2011, 19:35

I find it difficult to believe that the Beeb would be willing to use alcholism as a main plot line in a family show. Also the same for the fact that DT would effectively be committing assisted suicide (by the Doctor asking him to take his fatal last drink). Having said that they handled Van Gogh and his manic depression admirably well last year so who knows.
Old 30-01-2011, 19:37
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
I find it kind of weird how people can possibly think this would not make it any more likely (if only by a tiny amount) that Nicky's script will end up being produced.
Equally I find it kind of weird how people can think it makes it that much more likely just because RTD has told a Welsh news site that he thinks it'd be a good idea. There's a massive step between that and the current DW writing team, exec producers etc being on board with it. Maybe they are, who knows, but if all we're speculating on is the article posted on the first page of this thread, people seem to be assuming a hell of a lot just from that.