Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 27-03-2012, 15:25
Knowlede Is Power

*big lol
Old 27-03-2012, 15:29
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHR View Post
Right. That's cool. You have your world view as I have mine. You've never met Rachel, have no idea of what she gets up to in her private time
Okay hands up, I admit, I can't say with 100% certainty that Rachel is not the kind of person who would enjoy coming on here and messing with our heads. I just think it's highly, highly unlikely...
Old 27-03-2012, 15:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post

Im gonna say it - I think it counts as trolling
I've never done one of these before, but....

Old 27-03-2012, 15:35
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Inconspicuous View Post
Such as 'Is Kezia really Rachel Elias?' I don't think most of us find that one difficult to answer tbh...
I mean, really? Some people are loaded with gall, aren't they? Questioning the 'intellectual capacity' of others (virtual strangers I might add) while they themselves buy any random shit that involves their precious Richey.

Many of us long-term fans (as Gutless has already pointed out) have always questioned the band's political 'credentials' so there's nothing new being debated here. They had a few politically interested individuals in the band (more theory then practice I would argue), but mostly, they used political iconography as a backdrop for their image as a band to promote interest. There's nothing more to it beyond that. It doesn't take a super genius to figure that one out.
Old 27-03-2012, 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Inconspicuous View Post
Okay hands up, I admit, I can't say with 100% certainty that Rachel is not the kind of person who would enjoy coming on here and messing with our heads. I just think it's highly, highly unlikely...
If that is her, how is she messing with your heads? She's a humble woman and probably didn't expect people on here to see her posting as a big deal. What do you want from her as proof exactly? A photograph of her in a 'Kezia' print shop tee? A voice message on your mobile phone? Blood?
Old 27-03-2012, 15:36
Knowlede Is Power

As everyone is using the 'its my opinion' type of caveat then so will I
It seems frankly ridiculous to take the time and effort to register on a site to cause drama!
Trolling!
Old 27-03-2012, 15:38
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
Im with Gutless on this 100%
There are a hell of a lot of bands I cant stand and some of those have bog fanbases and political ideals that might be questionable in their sincerity, but I have and would never wastey valuable time posting on a fansite to slag any of them off or wind up their fans!

Im gonna say it - I think it counts as trolling
Thanks for the support!

For me trolling would be something far worse than just trying to wind up a few fans who aren't really bothered in the long run. (ie - recent cases of people posting abusive things on the facebook pages of people who have died etc). But that's just me, I realise opinions can differ.

Anyway, Nicky isn't going to be attending this so there's not much more to discuss about it.

I think in a couple of recent interviews James has put his thoughts across quite well when political questions have been raised.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 27-03-2012, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
I mean, really? Some people are loaded with gall, aren't they? Questioning the 'intellectual capacity' of others (virtual strangers I might add) while they themselves buy any random shit that involves their precious Richey.

Many of us long-term fans (as Gutless has already pointed out) have always questioned the band's political 'credentials' so there's nothing new being debated here. They had a few politically interested individuals in the band (more theory then practice I would argue), but mostly, they used political iconography as a backdrop for their image as a band to promote interest. There's nothing more to it beyond that. It doesn't take a super genius to figure that one out.
I mentioned intellectual frustration not capacity. Also, what gives you the idea that people here 'buy any random shit' when it comes to 'their precious Richey'? I think people are ready to believe the band's version of events all too readily, does that count as believing anything when it comes to 'precious Richey'?
Old 27-03-2012, 15:40
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
If that is her, how is she messing with your heads? She's a humble woman and probably didn't expect people on here to see her posting as a big deal. What do you want from her as proof exactly? A photograph of her in a 'Kezia' print shop tee? A voice message on your mobile phone? Blood?
I think one particulary daft comment that was made in reference to the band made it pretty clear it wouldn't be Rachel!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 27-03-2012, 15:41
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
I mentioned intellectual frustration not capacity. Also, what gives you the idea that people here 'buy any random shit' when it comes to 'their precious Richey'? I think people are ready to believe the band's version of events all too readily, does that count as believing anything when it comes to 'precious Richey'?
What other versions of events do people suspect there are???

How many times do they have to say they don't know any more than we do?
Old 27-03-2012, 15:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I think one particulary daft comment that was made in reference to the band made it pretty clear it wouldn't be Rachel!
So you know Rachel personally? And she'd never make any comments you personally would consider 'daft'?
Old 27-03-2012, 15:43
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
So you know Rachel personally? And she'd never make any comments you personally would consider 'daft'?
I don't know Rachel personally but I highly doubt she would be on here posting daft comments!
Old 27-03-2012, 15:43
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I think people are ready to believe the band's version of events all too readily
About what? Why would they lie?
Old 27-03-2012, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
What other versions of events do people suspect there are???

How many times do they have to say they don't know any more than we do?
Jesus wept! Again, stop with the insufferable swallowing! Has anybody here ever had a conversation with Richey's sister or friends about how Richey felt about the band? No, again, just the Manics opinion! I'm out of here, you know what they say about arguing with idiots...

(they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience)
Old 27-03-2012, 15:49
Doors slowly closing

what the fuck man, just clicked on this thread to see how it got so long for a non-event and am baffled by the responses.

i take it as the big lanky streak of piss with the vacuum cleaner hasn't changed his mind and decided to go along then?
blog