Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-03-2011, 19:44
Bored of being bored

Also - I'm impressed it's on Faber. It's a bit like that scene in An Angel At My Table when the poser wannabee poets show their dislike for the frumpy Janet, but when they discovered she's had her writing published by Faber, they suddenly change their tune....
Old 15-03-2011, 20:23
Born to end

Does the Wire keep a diary?
If so, could the second book be him publishing them, like Tony Benn style!
Old 15-03-2011, 20:34
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyn View Post
This all sounds very interesting - I echo people hoping the second book is the long awaited Nicky Wire penned history of the band, putting right any errors in "Everything" that he's been promising for years lol.
Please x a milion let this be the case
Old 15-03-2011, 20:38
Winterlover

Eh, I'd love a new Manics biography but would prefer it to be written by someone who's not in the band (although working with the band to clarify/gain info, naturally) to avoid heavy bias.

That said, I'd much prefer a Wire-written biography over a poem collection or Collected Tweets 2010-2011 or something.
Old 15-03-2011, 21:04
Bored out of my mind

When's James getting round to writing the ultimate Manics biog?
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 15-03-2011, 21:14
Footprint of history

only buying it if it comes with a tie and blazer badge combination pack
Old 15-03-2011, 21:39
I live to fall asleep

I'd like to see a book by him with loads of interesting and cool tales of the Manics and their history.
Old 16-03-2011, 08:01
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Aren't The Unwritten Diaries = JFPL?

As in, Richey's collection of unpublished lyrics?
No, it's a Wire book:

"Wire’s been doing a lot of writing recently, both songs and “bitter, cynical, un-PC tirades and rants” which he plans to publish as a book called ‘The Unwritten Diaries’. The latter are a safety valve, “all the stuff I try to filter out of my head not to get me in too much trouble when I do interviews. If you’re being honest, you do make a lot of mistakes.”

http://www.ianwatsonuk.com/manics.html
Old 16-03-2011, 09:16
Bored of being bored

That adds grist to the rumour mill that he does Patrick's twitter! Hahahah! maybe they are in fact the same person. Yes, that must be it. You never see them tweet at the same time, do you?
Old 16-03-2011, 09:53
Freed from the century

If it's a two-book deal I'm pretty sure it will be another Manics-related book, maybe lyrics or a PFAYM-style diary/scrapbook, or maybe the famed band biog. I really doubt it'll be something that requires him to actually sit down and write a full book though, so I'm assuming one of the former while hoping for the latter.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:37
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
No, it's a Wire book:

"Wire’s been doing a lot of writing recently, both songs and “bitter, cynical, un-PC tirades and rants” which he plans to publish as a book called ‘The Unwritten Diaries’. The latter are a safety valve, “all the stuff I try to filter out of my head not to get me in too much trouble when I do interviews. If you’re being honest, you do make a lot of mistakes.”

http://www.ianwatsonuk.com/manics.html
I hope he's not trying to be a transcendentalist! Their stuff was as boring as shit - but if it's not poetry or a fiction, and isn't a non-fiction book on a particular subject, then it might be a dreaded 'book of thought'.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:49
Knowlede Is Power

If the second book turns out to feature Richey's last lyrics, I say we make a forum project of turning it into an album.
Old 16-03-2011, 12:29
I live to fall asleep

Has Flicker gone into journalism?: http://www.hecklerspray.com/manic-st.../201157388.php
Old 16-03-2011, 12:47
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyn View Post
This all sounds very interesting - I echo people hoping the second book is the long awaited Nicky Wire penned history of the band, putting right any errors in "Everything" that he's been promising for years lol. Also, really looking forward to the polaroid book - I loved, loved, loved, Mitch Ikeda's book, it's one of my favourite Manicsy items that I own
Totally agree, this sounds brilliant and the interview with Nicky was really interesting. I'd love to think he might actually write his and the band's history; it would be great to finally get their version. But poetry would be good too or maybe a combination of unpublished lyrics and poems?

I think it's great he's ben signed by Faber, they're a great publisher and he seemed so happy with it.
Old 16-03-2011, 14:08
Doors slowly closing

I lost respect for Faber as a publishing house when they put out the Billy Corgan poetry book. Terrible, gut wrenchingly bad piece of work.