Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-11-2014, 11:14
Freed from the century

The Holy Bible 20th Anniversary Edition Box Set

It's on sale now - just ordered!!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:47
Freed from the century

The form keeps failing my card, no idea why.
Anyone else having issues?

* got fed up and used paypal, can't wait for it to arrive
Old 06-11-2014, 12:00
Freed from the century

I got so excited about the B-sides and rarities CD, but really Too Cold Here and Love Torn Us Under are the only tracks I'd be interested in having (the others I'd play occasionally). I don't put live tracks on my MP3 player and don't think I need another two THB remixed/remastered versions.

I'd love the signed book but from the product photo it looks like the photos are ones that we've already had in the Forever Delayed book.

I'd love the vinyl though. I've been looking out for an affordable THB vinyl for ages.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:13
I am purity, they call me perverted

Saw it's signed, so I sighed and pre-ordered.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:17
Winterlover

Ordered! It's my birthday Saturday so this is my present to myself...
Old 06-11-2014, 12:25
Bored of being bored

I hope that You Love Us missing from the Astoria gig tracklist is just a mistake.

& Isn't this the first time they have released a "whole" gig officially, obvious if it is whole?
Old 06-11-2014, 12:32
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon Bonaparte View Post
I hope that You Love Us missing from the Astoria gig tracklist is just a mistake.
Nah, I think the gig is incomplete. I knew a decent quality version was played on the radio a while back from the second Astoria gig. No idea how they decided on that tracklist, can't have taken some songs out for radio play because Yes has 'cunt' four words into it!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:52
Bored of being bored

Surely they recorded the whole gig though? Otherwise they would be better off releasing a copy of the bootleg.

I swear I read that it was the 21st, damn, guess I got over excited.

Last edited by Napoleon Bonaparte; 06-11-2014 at 12:56.
Old 06-11-2014, 13:01
Desire on its knees

I don't think I can justify this. I have most of the audio already - it's going to be fifty quid for a book effectively. I know the albums are remastered, but that won't make that much difference to things really. I'd like an official version of the gig, and the Mastertapes, and whatever this version of Revol is, but I think I'll have to pass. The 10th anniversary box set was good enough for me.

Manic Street Preachers

Rock City Oct 1994; Newport May 1996; Knebworth Aug1996; Exeter Oct 1996; Reading April 1997; Cardiff Dec 1999; Manchester Mar 2001; Brixton Mar 2001; Llandudno Aug 2001; Leeds Festival Aug 2001; Birmingham Dec 2002; Cardiff Dec 2002; Brighton Dec 2004; Manchester Dec 2006; Sheffield May 2007; Bristol June 2007; Birmingham Dec 2007; Reading Festival Aug 2008; Royal Festival Hall Sep 2008; Camden Roundhouse May 2009; Sheffield Oct 2010; London O2 Dec 2011; Manchester Sep 2013; Leeds Mar 2014; Manchester Dec 2014;

James Dean Bradfield

Manchester May 2006; Sheffield Oct 2006; Sheffield Graves Art Gallery Oct 2011

Last edited by JimmiB; 06-11-2014 at 13:07.
Old 06-11-2014, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
Ordered! It's my birthday Saturday so this is my present to myself...
I'm doing similar, mine's the 17th December so it'll be an early present when it gets here!

Happy Birthday for Saturday

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards
Old 06-11-2014, 13:06
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyBeyondLust View Post
Happy Birthday for Saturday
Ta very much!

It's just a shame that I have to wait a month for this box set!
Old 06-11-2014, 13:12
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon Bonaparte View Post
Surely they recorded the whole gig though? Otherwise they would be better off releasing a copy of the bootleg.

I swear I read that it was the 21st, damn, guess I got over excited.
I'm only guessing based on a) the setlist and b) the fact that a few months ago, some radio show had a decent recording of the 20th (minus a few songs) which was quickly synced up with the video bootleg on someone's YouTube channel. I'm pretty certain the last gig was recorded because clips appear in the US Faster video, but until that surfaces we only have a really bad audio recording.
Old 06-11-2014, 13:22

Manic Street Preachers take. my. money .... I spent about 4 seconds deliberating whether to buy this, given as some have said, I have a decent portion of the content from the singles, or from the Astoria floating around as bootleg etc ... BUT my obsession (healthy??) to collect all things 'Manics' I pre-ordered. I definitely wanted to the vinyl ...
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 06-11-2014, 13:43
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Hmmm ordered it even though I have 99% of what is included already elsewhere. I hate being a completist but the vinyl remastered is worth it.
Old 06-11-2014, 13:47
Freed from the century

What I'm thrilled about is that Nicky told me at the Maida Vale gig there would be a box set and and vinyl record, he didn't say they were the same thing (although I will still hunt down a copy of the original one day) and I'm thrilled there's tracks recorded from that session on Disk 4.

Two weeks ago I finally bought a Japanese copy of THB even though I knew all the bonus tracks would be in this box set but I just couldn't help myself.

I know I should post this in the For Sale section, but I've got a couple of copies of unplayed limited edition cd's if anyone is after buying one.