Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-06-2010, 12:58
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
At my best I think the second disc will be full of the stuff they would have released as b-sides, in case they abandon convential singles altogether? And just have the individual tracks to download? Not sure how I'd feel about not having CD singles from this album? (I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE, I'M ON MY OWN ON THIS ONE!)
Whilst I'd love the second disc to be original material (even if it was b-sides to be released later like the Japanese releases tend to have - so it would essentially be the equivalent of a 10th anniversary release straight off the bat), I think the notion of them not doing singles on this one after having done so on JFPL is unlikely, especially when they've spoken at every point about this being about "mass communication". I'd think a fair slab of their fanbase doesn't use itunes or something similar, I know I don't.
Old 05-06-2010, 13:00
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I think Chris Lord Alge is the one responsible for the monumental fuck up/copy+paste job in the middle of Underdogs. Great to have him back!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicben View Post
Okay, where in the song is it? I can't say I've ever noticed it.... minutes & seconds please?
Don't mention the war!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 13:01
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
I'd think a fair slab of their fanbase doesn't use itunes or something similar, I know I don't.
Well I don't either and that's why it worries me!
Old 05-06-2010, 13:03
Builder of routine

Singles are pretty much guaranteed, surely. Like Stu says, what's mass communication without an official single this time.
Old 05-06-2010, 13:08
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I think Chris Lord Alge is the one responsible for the monumental fuck up/copy+paste job in the middle of Underdogs. Great to have him back!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicben View Post
Okay, where in the song is it? I can't say I've ever noticed it.... minutes & seconds please?
Before anyone else gets started:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesean4ever View Post
the abrupt cut off before the 2nd verse?? hmm i must listen to this song I've no idea what you're all talking about to be honest
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Once again as everyone's retreating into their cliques and not explaining what the edit is, there's a part where they've chopped off a verse vocal so James is about to sy "this one's for..." and all you hear is "th.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
The edit is at about 1:07-1:09, right at the end of the first chorus before it goes into starrssss..... [2 lead guitar notes]...... Th- (verse-->)

If you still can't hear it, put some headphones on and try the vocal booster EQ setting on iTunes. Then compare it to the second chorus, where you can hear how it carries on to "This one's for the freaks".
Return to PFAYM discussion in 3,2,1
Old 05-06-2010, 13:19
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Don't mention the war!!!!

Just what I was thinking!
Old 05-06-2010, 13:46
Bored of being bored

Noooooooooooooo, not the Underdogs edit! Let it DIE people!

*sparkle and believe*
Old 05-06-2010, 19:18
Bored of being bored

'one last shot at mass communication'? yeah 'cos they really need another one, and not exactly the most noble justification for making music in any case. sigh. hope they learnt a few lessons from the artistic triumph of JFPL despite these ominous hints, particularly with the production.
Old 05-06-2010, 20:41
Builder of routine

Maybe it's the difference of going to one of the shows but I really feel connected to this album already? More than I ever did for Manics albums before they were released in the late 90's. I don't even think I'm raising false hopes as I just know at some point this will be the album I'll say is the best and always listen to for years? I can still tell the difference between fantasy. Fantasy is this album becomes the Manics "Money For Nothing" album!
We haven't heard a note of it and I'm happy to wait in silence for a lifetime of playing it.
Old 05-06-2010, 20:58
Builder of routine

sorry if it's been already posted

Quote:
Following 2009’s cathartic ‘Journal For Plague Lovers’, the Manic Street Preachers announce details of their tenth studio album.

‘Postcards From A Young Man’ will be released in September and is a return to the classic rock roots of ‘Send Away The Tigers’ and the arena sized choruses of ‘Everything Must Go’. The band is currently adding finishing touches to the record with producer Dave Eringa at their Cardiff studio. Mixing will take place later this month with Chris Lord Alge in America.

To coincide with the release the band will undertake their most extensive UK tour ever, with support from very special guests British Sea Power.
hallornothing.com 2nd June

Chris Lord Alge co-worked with them on SATT and his brother, Tom, did that wonderful American mix of THB.
Old 05-06-2010, 20:59
Doors slowly closing

The very words 'Dave Eringa' send shivers down my spine, and not the good kind.

Have you seen her, have you heard/the way she plays there are no words/to describe the way I feel
Old 05-06-2010, 21:05
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayseph View Post
The very words 'Dave Eringa' send shivers down my spine, and not the good kind.
I thought I'm the only one
the only good thing DE did was Tolerate
Old 05-06-2010, 21:19
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
I thought I'm the only one
the only good thing DE did was Tolerate
You didn't like anything from Send Away The Tigers?
Old 05-06-2010, 21:47
Bored out of my mind

I've always thought Mr Eringa was an ace producer! Also the Manics owe us two singles, we only got two from Lifeblood!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 05-06-2010, 22:15
I live to fall asleep

Eringa is a good producer, done a lot of good work with some of my fav bands, Manics, Ocean Colour Scene and Idlewild. It's not his fault if songs happen to be poor I am eager to get this new album, it's gonna be great I can tell.