Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-10-2018, 13:26
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralscrutiniser View Post
I take your point about the flow of a gig, but we spent how many years wining about setlists on here? Songs that we were sick of a few years ago are largely out and instead they’re saying ‘ok, you can have everything then - even horses under fucking starlight gets an airing, there you go!’. And still FD isn’t happy?

We wanted rarities and deep cuts? That’s what we’ve been getting over the last few years. I think the move down to smaller places is an admission that this might not be one the casual fans will be all over, and that it would fall flat in an arena. But some of these places are almost club gigs.
I was pretty happy with the setlist on the RIF tour to be honest (went to the Birmingham gig) and it was good to hear some songs they don't normally play. There are certainly some songs off TIMT that I would like to hear live again (Not Ready For Drowning, My Little Empire and Black Dog on My Shoulder being three examples) and it would be good to hear Prologue to History live.

It's just that I have always felt that the second half of the album does drag a bit and I'm not sure how it will play out live.