Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 27-04-2012, 20:29
Bored out of my mind

A bit of pogoing for Tolerate in Prague! Sounds amazing going by the youtube vids!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 27-04-2012, 20:38
Bored out of my mind

European crowds always seem really up for their gigs!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 28-04-2012, 17:57
I am purity, they call me perverted

The Prague concert was definitely the best out of Berlin - Munich - Prague. Venue was beautiful and the crowd really enthusiastic. Also the best autograph/picture/chat time with the band. So happy I decided to add Prague to my concert journey

This is the setlist from my friend - so jealous of all the autographs!
Old 28-04-2012, 18:04
I live to fall asleep

Why do they keep putting ??? after SKON and LBN?

They play it each time.
Old 29-04-2012, 13:21
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk View Post
Why do they keep putting ??? after SKON and LBN?
I wish they had replaced LBN with Stay Beautiful on at least either of the gigs I went to. I think the former needs to be a duet (the "used used used by men" is such an essential part of the song IMO). Otherwise, I realised I liked songs I didn't know I liked, not only LRS but Tsunami and Found That Soul too.

I hope the next time I go to a Manics gig (probably in Estonia) I'll also meet some of the people on this forum - this time there was too much real life fuss
Old 30-04-2012, 12:14

Few weeks ago I couldn't decide whether to go to Berlin or Prague. I chose Prague and now I think I couldn't have chosen better. The gig was amazing, probably the best European gig I've ever been to. And Prague is a really lovely city!

I also noticed that a lot of people even in the front rows were standing almost emotionless - I can't imagine a Manics gig without jumping and shouting! I was in the first row on the left and felt weird, alone with my enthusiastic reactions and shouting - even with my sore throat I did my best (it is becoming a sad tradition that I am ill on Manics gigs ).
I have some pics + vids, but my place wasn't best for taking pictures - strong light from behind James was beaming all the time into my camera. I have a very poor internet connection now, so uploading will propably take some time, but when I am ready, I will put the links here.

It was my 8th MSP gig and it was only the first time I got some pictures with the guys - Sean and Nick. It was lovely to meet them and it was also very nice to meet some of you there.

Finally, it was the 4th anniversary of their first appearance in Poland, so it was a great way to celebrate this. A lovely night!!

edit.
Sample photo:

few more here

the dream is escape, espace but a trap to fall

Last edited by Mashka; 30-04-2012 at 15:57.
Old 30-04-2012, 17:14
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashka View Post
Few weeks ago I couldn't decide whether to go to Berlin or Prague. I chose Prague and now I think I couldn't have chosen better. The gig was amazing, probably the best European gig I've ever been to. And Prague is a really lovely city!

I also noticed that a lot of people even in the front rows were standing almost emotionless - I can't imagine a Manics gig without jumping and shouting! I was in the first row on the left and felt weird, alone with my enthusiastic reactions and shouting - even with my sore throat I did my best (it is becoming a sad tradition that I am ill on Manics gigs ).
I have some pics + vids, but my place wasn't best for taking pictures - strong light from behind James was beaming all the time into my camera. I have a very poor internet connection now, so uploading will propably take some time, but when I am ready, I will put the links here.

It was my 8th MSP gig and it was only the first time I got some pictures with the guys - Sean and Nick. It was lovely to meet them and it was also very nice to meet some of you there.

Finally, it was the 4th anniversary of their first appearance in Poland, so it was a great way to celebrate this. A lovely night!!

edit.
Sample photo:

few more here
Nice pics How can you not jump and down at a manics gig? Strange people
Old 30-04-2012, 18:27
Builder of routine

yes, crowd in Prague was strange. I think I had the best crowd in Hamburg. people in Berlin were steady as well. luckily in Prague i had some mad 50 year old Czech lady behind me, girls from England on my left and Hunky Dory and her friend on my right so it was fun.

btw. those who don't come to the tour, you really have to check out this supporting band, Peace. they're awesome. my 2nd favourite support, after British Sea Power (because no1 can beat BSP).
Old 30-04-2012, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
yes, crowd in Prague was strange. I think I had the best crowd in Hamburg. people in Berlin were steady as well. luckily in Prague i had some mad 50 year old Czech lady behind me, girls from England on my left and Hunky Dory and her friend on my right so it was fun.

btw. those who don't come to the tour, you really have to check out this supporting band, Peace. they're awesome. my 2nd favourite support, after British Sea Power (because no1 can beat BSP).
Deets, it was a pleasure to be a part of the Wales flag holding team
I really enjoyed Peace as well! Their songs already stuck im my head after hearing them twice.
Old 30-04-2012, 21:37
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunkyDory View Post
Deets, it was a pleasure to be a part of the Wales flag holding team
I really enjoyed Peace as well! Their songs already stuck im my head after hearing them twice.
i hope i'll see you again on tour sometime somewhere!
and next time i'lll bring my Cuban flag. i'll upload my videos later tonight, just have some patience, please!
Old 30-04-2012, 21:44

here comes my first video - Love's sweet exile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueX5Zs9I8kM

waiting for upload - everlasting, Nixon, Grace of God, This is the day, some kind of nothingness, motown junk

Old 01-05-2012, 13:11
Winterlover

Quote:
here comes my first video - Love's sweet exile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueX5Zs9I8kM

waiting for upload - everlasting, Nixon, Grace of God, This is the day, some kind of nothingness, motown junk
You had a great sound - James's amp almost without anything else!
Lovely to meet you it was!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 13:56
Winterlover

pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3471738&type=3

some of them very funny ))

another set (not mine) here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1050144&type=1
Old 01-05-2012, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Lovely pics! In one of them Sean is signing something for me.

I have now uploaded all my vids from Prague to my yt channel. You can see all at youtube.com/MashkaMSP

Old 02-05-2012, 08:46
Winterlover

Quote:
Lovely pics! In one of them Sean is signing something for me.

I have now uploaded all my vids from Prague to my yt channel. You can see all at youtube.com/MashkaMSP
I know
I've already checked your videos, they're great! Especially thanks for Nixon, I'm not 100% sure but I'd say that James is smiling at my "dancing" during the song. He told me he had seen me "dancing" after the gig when I thanked him for playing Nixon