Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-10-2018, 07:56
Stretched out in the sun

Few mixed feelings about this, really. Yeah, I love them and they're still my favourite band but I'm kinda feeling like my days of wanting to go to as many gigs as I possibly can are gone. Right now, I'm aiming for both Manchester nights and considering York and Liverpool. Want to do whatever the Welsh one might be, too.

Interested to find out whether the original album with Nobody Loved You or this one with Prologue in its place. It'd feel wrong if the latter, but would be surprised if they don't play it at all. Little disappointed with the content of the reissue, it's the first one not to have a dvd with it. I mean Holy Bible and Everything Must Go have had two each, would've loved there to have been summat in a similar vein for Truth, sat discussing the recording and how they felt about the album at the time and feel now etc. Even if it was summat like Glastonbury headlining or that Close Up documentary, there's plenty of stuff that could've been included. Could've included the live cassette b-sides too. Hope there's some decent liner notes at least...

Venue wise, I'm glad they've gone to smaller venues. Having minor ticket panic about these though.. As much as I love the album, beyond the obsessive fans on here and the Facebook groups and that, I struggle to gauge how popular the album is now. Yeah, it sold a fuck load at the time and that'll be why it's become the Manics album I've seen in the most charity shops and bargain bins. Does seem to have been the tipping point for a lot of ex-fans though.. I kinda like that they're mirroring that initial 98 tour where they'd taken a step back from the arenas and gone for smaller places off the beaten track. Had to scroll through msppedia just now, wasn't sure they'd ever done York but they did in 1991. Course this tour'll tie in nicely with festival season, got Glastonbury tickets so hoping they'll end up there 20 years after their headline slot. Maybe could get away with headlining The Park or summat, but can't see em starting after 7pm on the Pyramid.