Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 30-04-2012, 08:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivil View Post
it wasnīt seanīs t-shirt. if iīm not mistaken a guy standing behind me did throw it at the podium
Correct, it was thrown to the stage - James did say something like "make some effort".
One other great moment was when they stopped in the middle of the "Despair" intro, considered starting anew but kicked into the singing audience again.
Old 30-04-2012, 09:26
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by unger76 View Post
One other great moment was when they stopped in the middle of the "Despair" intro, considered starting anew but kicked into the singing audience again.
that was one of my favourite moments

Vienna 28/04/2012

Prague 14/05/2014
Old 30-04-2012, 19:01
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by unger76 View Post
usually I velcro-fasten it to my ankle.
Wow

Yeah I know it's written on every ticket but I think it really depends on the venue and/or the country. Greeks for example didn't gave a shit about checking the bags at a gig I went there, some people even took greek fires, or bonfires or whatever they're called (the stuff football fans fire) into the GA section.
Old 30-04-2012, 19:29
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by dora View Post
Actually, there were some drunken twats in the front rows, but it was a great gig!
The only drunken twats I saw were English which made me feel a bit embarassed to be honest, maybe you saw something different but that was my experience. As soon as the manics were on I didn't notice them though. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen them live, I still get the same feeling as I did the first time I saw them 11 years ago.

I have to admit I was gutted they dropped love's sweet exile but in the end it didn't matter. Revol sounded amazing, Ocean Spray got the best reaction I've seen since I got caught in a moshpit during it at the manchester apollo in 2001, Tsunami was immense and there wasn't a bad song in the whole set (thank god they've finally dropped autumn song!!).

It was funny when someone threw a t shirt on stage, James took it to the amps to hang it up then realised there was nothing on it and said something like "You could've at least spraypainted it! Who's is it? Put it back on or you'll catch your death!"

Here's hoping they play somewhere next year. Preferably somewhere in the UK, I mean surely they'll break their own rule as usual or if not they could technically fit in a december gig? It doesn't really matter where they play though, I'll be there, grinning like a fool and feeling like a 15 year old fangirl all over again
Old 30-04-2012, 19:39
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic cow View Post
Here's hoping they play somewhere next year. Preferably somewhere in the UK, I mean surely they'll break their own rule as usual or if not they could technically fit in a december gig? It doesn't really matter where they play though, I'll be there, grinning like a fool and feeling like a 15 year old fangirl all over again
Did you hear anything or it's just a guess? I have the feeling they'll have another gig(s) this Autumn or Winter.

I'm going as well as soon as they play somewhere I can afford the flight ticket to

The Wire's knees worry me though.
Old 30-04-2012, 19:45
Knowlede Is Power

Just wishful thinking. I've seen them at least once a year since 2001 so I HAVE to see them next year somehow! And yeah, Nicky keeps saying he's giving up jumping but he was jumping about and doing kicks and stuff in vienna!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:53
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivil View Post
it wasnīt seanīs t-shirt. if iīm not mistaken a guy standing behind me did throw it at the podium
Oh, I didn't see that.

Quote:
The only drunken twats I saw were English which made me feel a bit embarassed to be honest, maybe you saw something different but that was my experience.
Yes, there was an English couple, pushing the two of us from behind before and during the whole gig. Near the end there were some more. I don't go to gigs that much, so it bothered me at first, but i didn't let that feeling prevail.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how many times I've seen them live, I still get the same feeling as I did the first time I saw them 11 years ago.
Awww, it's so lovely to hear this! Now that I heard them live for the first time, I feel that 'addiction' too!

Last edited by dora; 01-05-2012 at 05:00.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:51
Freed from the century

Quote:
It was funny when someone threw a t shirt on stage, James took it to the amps to hang it up then realised there was nothing on it and said something like "You could've at least spraypainted it! Who's is it? Put it back on or you'll catch your death!"

Quote:
I am hoping they at least they play in the uk next December, as you say that will be exactly two years.
Old 02-05-2012, 20:13
Knowlede Is Power

My pictures from Vienna:

Old 02-05-2012, 20:53
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Girl View Post
My pictures from Vienna:
Lovely! Thank you!
Old 05-05-2012, 15:34
A self-made vacuum

A review of the gig http://www.toonaripost.com/2012/05/e...oncert-review/ and another one http://derstandard.at/1334796525229/...ge-aus-dem-Pub

Last edited by Sandrine; 05-05-2012 at 15:43.
Old 05-05-2012, 15:53
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Thanks for the links!

Here are two more:

http://www.skug.at/

http://www.liferadio.at

Last edited by Valley_Girl; 05-05-2012 at 16:05.
Old 14-05-2012, 22:07
Knowlede Is Power

Does anyone know where's the VIP entrance (exit) at Wien Arena?

I need to stalk Gary Lightbody in June so I have to know where to go exactly
Old 21-05-2012, 18:08
Doors slowly closing

The venue looked like it had been blown up and then raided by vandals, but the atmosphere was excellent. Looks are deceiving!
Old 24-05-2012, 19:51
AustrianAfterlife

Its not the best gig, the best gig I was been in cologne 2007. In vienna was to much people in the venue. The atmosphere was not excellent the people are boring in the middle of the venue. Only a tour shirt in M and the other to expensive 30€. The next time I go to Great Britain and see a Manic gig.