Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-02-2011, 17:57
I am purity, they call me perverted

James dean Bradfield donīt stop

In all the interview that i See, Our james never stop to move the hands, touch the ears , move the head and look to all the places. He is very very very nervous. I donīt understand how he can play in gigs of thousand and thousand people.
Old 11-02-2011, 18:02
Stretched out in the sun

I suppose the pressure of being the best man in the world must be a bit much for him sometimes
Old 11-02-2011, 19:47
Bored out of my mind

He! He! Bless him!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 11-02-2011, 21:02

I've often thought that, he looks really uncomfortable and agitated when interviewed, although there are times when he seems more relaxed.
I was in a band with a guy like that, off stage he was the most timid, quiet guy you could possibly meet. Put a guitar around his neck and he was transformed into a complete lunatic!
16/12/98 Wembley Arena, 23/05/07 Norwich UEA, 17/10/10 Norwich UEA, 22/01/11 Brixton Academy, 19/05/11 Wolverhampton Civic Hall, 17/12/11 London 02 Arena, 24/09/13 Shepherd's Bush Empire, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montford Hall, 16/05/16 Royal Albert Hall

Twitter: @DamonCorless
Old 11-02-2011, 21:29

Aww, bless - I noticed he was doing rather a lot of fidgeting during the Absolute Radio interview, lol!
Old 11-02-2011, 23:36
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicspain View Post
In all the interview that i See, Our james never stop to move the hands, touch the ears , move the head and look to all the places. He is very very very nervous. I donīt understand how he can play in gigs of thousand and thousand people.
The guitar makes all the difference.
Old 11-02-2011, 23:39
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth M View Post
The guitar makes all the difference.
God that sounds so obvious I can't believe I've not thought of it before. When they were doing Empty Souls on the early dates James spent the first 30 seconds jumping around looking like he didn't know what to do. Bless him.
Old 11-02-2011, 23:41
Doors slowly closing

Every time I read the title to this thread, I think it's what someone would say during sex with James who liked to use full names for some reason. I've clearly been reading too much fan fiction.

Free postage if you spend Ģ20 or more on more than one item.
Lots of singles under a fiver, including postage

Old 11-02-2011, 23:42
Bored of being bored

On stage the adrenaline is pumping and it's "his" environment, he's in charge. He knows the words (well, most of the time) (OK, some of the time), he didn't write them so he doesn't feel people are judging *him* when he sings them... but in an interview everything he says is being recorded, the pressure to say something good - or not to say something bad accidentally - must be pretty tough. Which is why, y'know, I think, like, erm, he, kinda, kinda finds it tough to articulate himself as well as we all know he can.

It's cute I just hope he doesn't mind it himself
Old 12-02-2011, 05:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
Every time I read the title to this thread, I think it's what someone would say during sex with James who liked to use full names for some reason. I've clearly been reading too much fan fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
On stage the adrenaline is pumping and it's "his" environment, he's in charge. He knows the words (well, most of the time) (OK, some of the time), he didn't write them so he doesn't feel people are judging *him* when he sings them... but in an interview everything he says is being recorded, the pressure to say something good - or not to say something bad accidentally - must be pretty tough. Which is why, y'know, I think, like, erm, he, kinda, kinda finds it tough to articulate himself as well as we all know he can.

It's cute I just hope he doesn't mind it himself
Although, people do judge him when he screws up the words, don't they?

I am surprised that someone who can sing and play so well in front of thousands of people, is so nervous when being interviewed. I guess that's better than the opposite though - if he was really confident in interviews and extremely nervous when playing/singing!!

He's so adorable though - you just want to give him a hug - and tell him not to be so nervous!

Last edited by Cara cathau; 12-02-2011 at 05:51.
Old 12-02-2011, 15:02
Winterlover

Freddie Mercury was notoriously shy off stage apparently and wasn't at ease in 1 on 1 situations. Yet, if you watch clips of him on stage in front of thousands of people, you wouldn't know it!

I guess James is the same. Shy off stage, but more comfortable and "at home" in front of a large audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 12-02-2011, 15:04
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
Either that, or he's been asked to sing the Fleetwood Mac song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 12-02-2011, 15:09
A self-made vacuum

I'm in a band, and I never get nervous before going on stage and I'm always fine on stage because I know exactly what I'm playing and it doesn't really take much concentration or I don't really have to think about it, because it's something I enjoy and I just focus on playing the guitar. Also for James, it's something he knows he's good at and they're songs he's been playing for years so there's not much that can go wrong.

I suppose it's different with interviews where you don't know what you'll be asked so it's harder to prepare for, especially if you're not the best at interacting or getting your point across.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 12-02-2011, 20:32
Bored out of my mind

James still suffers from stage fright though and I don't blame him! Must be scary walking out to mainly strangers every night on a tour!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 12-02-2011, 21:47
A self-made vacuum

At least he doesn't start frantically pulling his trousers up and playing with his crotch on stage alla Wire.

No control. We're all at sea. In a world that's disappeared.