Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-07-2010, 15:11
Administrator

Well it may well be out later in norway?
Old 03-07-2010, 15:14
Builder of routine

i wouldn't think the record company would publish a date if it wasnt confirmed..it could harm sales
Old 03-07-2010, 15:14
Administrator

It's the date that was on the official press release too.
Old 03-07-2010, 15:16
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
It's the date that was on the official press release too.
very imortant to get that right. Amazon etc getting it wrong is pretty normal. I wouldnt go by what they say
Old 03-07-2010, 15:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothers_are_saints View Post
Just received an updated release schedule from Sony/Columbia that confirms the first single is 'Just The End Of Love' to be released on 13th September with the album following a week later on th 20th.

I have a screen grab of the email and can forward a copy of the official file to a mod if you want official confirmation?

So is the album
"Postcards from a Young Man"
or
"Post Cards from a Young Man"
?
Old 03-07-2010, 15:23
Builder of routine

postcards
Old 03-07-2010, 15:25
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
I've noticed quite a few people recently saying they hope this new single "isn't another YLAINE" but that song was really good not to mention the best performance of a Manics single in 10 years. I love it, defo in my top 10 Manics songs.
All fine and dandy, but that hardly makes it alright for them to keep chucking out 'another YLAINE' whenever they need a hit when they could be writing something that sounds nothing like their last big hit but is just as good or better.
Old 03-07-2010, 16:07
Freed from the century

I hope (and indeed pray) that it charts higher than Your Love Alone
Old 03-07-2010, 16:16
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
So have we got enough info to start a "Killing In The Name Of" #1 Facebook campaign for the Manics yet?
We can do this! But remember my custom title is sarcastic...
Old 03-07-2010, 16:18
Stretched out in the sun

Kick ass. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-07-2010, 16:19
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth M View Post
I hope (and indeed pray) that it charts higher than Your Love Alone
Why, will they be sacked if it doesn't?

Seriously though, I get why you're so eager for the single and album to do well in the charts. If I were you, I'd be just as hopeful. *crosses fingers*
Old 03-07-2010, 17:10
Limbo

Does anyone know when it will hit the radio ??

I really can't be arsed to wait until September :
Old 03-07-2010, 17:31
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
I've noticed quite a few people recently saying they hope this new single "isn't another YLAINE" but that song was really good not to mention the best performance of a Manics single in 10 years. I love it, defo in my top 10 Manics songs.
Well if you have YLAINE in you're all time top ten manics songs. And presuming you're name means you are also very fond of that song, i think we probably don't share the same taste in manics songs. And that's no suprise and not meant as any sort of insult. They have been around for years and have a massive back catalogue.

If something charts well these day's, that usually means that it sounds good as a ring tone and should be ignored and forgotten about as quickly as possible. YLAINE charted well, but that means nothing in terms of the quality of the song and in this day in age can't be used as an argument in whether it's any good or not. It could have been used in an argument about quality ten years ago.

Sorry for drifting here. I couldn't help myself. I'm like a broken record going on about that bloody song!
Old 03-07-2010, 18:22
Winterlover

I loved YLAINE in the beginning but it's worn off me quite a lot ever since. Can't really be arsed much with it anymore, though the chorus and Nicky cameos will always have their charm.

All I kinda want from Just the End of Love is that it gives an explosing first hear of the album. With all the talk about gospel choirs and one last shot at mass communication and everything else, I think it'd be pretty appropriate for the lead single to just be a wall of sound anthem thingy. At least that's how I've imagined the song ever since my brain made the connection on how It's Not War Just the End of Love sounds like a Meat Loaf song title and it'd be very wrong towards my poor, poor brain to get a mid-tempo lightweight breezy thingy.

Last edited by Flint; 03-07-2010 at 18:25.
Old 03-07-2010, 19:11
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.selfdestruct View Post
Well if you have YLAINE in you're all time top ten manics songs. And presuming you're name means you are also very fond of that song, i think we probably don't share the same taste in manics songs. And that's no suprise and not meant as any sort of insult. They have been around for years and have a massive back catalogue.

If something charts well these day's, that usually means that it sounds good as a ring tone and should be ignored and forgotten about as quickly as possible. YLAINE charted well, but that means nothing in terms of the quality of the song and in this day in age can't be used as an argument in whether it's any good or not. It could have been used in an argument about quality ten years ago.

Sorry for drifting here. I couldn't help myself. I'm like a broken record going on about that bloody song!
That's fair enough, but on the polar opposite from stuff like The Everlasting (which yes, I do love, hence my username) in my top 10 are also songs like 4st 7lbs and Sleepflower
I'm hoping that July will see the single getting radio play and video play and some interviews starting to build up the momentum for the single and album!