Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-10-2010, 18:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Bradfield View Post
Setlist pic if anyone's interested
Thanks for sharing! What does the quote at the bottom say?

Hultsfred 1999 | Hultsfred 2001 | Truro 2007 | Hultsfred 2007 | London x2 2007 | Newport 2010 | London x2 2011 | Karlskoga 2011 | London 2011 | Copenhagen 2012 | Stockholm 2014 | Osaka 2015 | Copenhagen 2016 | New York 2022
Old 25-10-2010, 18:55
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Starting to get sick of coming back from the gigs, thinking they were great and then having it soured by all this whinging about the setlist. I'm bored of a few of the songs in the set, but I cherish the fact that they're still around and touring regularly. Fans in the UK are totally spoilt, I don't hear Americans or Aussies whinging and whining.
Old 25-10-2010, 20:26
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaeci View Post
Thanks for sharing! What does the quote at the bottom say?
"No amount of cajolery,and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory party." Nye Bevin (Janet Biard)
Old 25-10-2010, 20:28
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Poet View Post
Starting to get sick of coming back from the gigs, thinking they were great and then having it soured by all this whinging about the setlist. I'm bored of a few of the songs in the set, but I cherish the fact that they're still around and touring regularly. Fans in the UK are totally spoilt, I don't hear Americans or Aussies whinging and whining.
Agree.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 25-10-2010, 20:33
Bored of being bored

Quote:
....or Italians!

Ok, I do have my least faves and I'm still pissed off the dropped Lifeblood, but ultimately, anything goes... it'll be my very first 2 gigs, I'll just be happy finally seeing them live!
Old 25-10-2010, 20:36
I live to fall asleep

As I've said before I just want some more positivity in general. I had a bit of an off night on Saturday as I was feeling yuk BUT I still loved the gig and thoroughly enjoyed myself even though I wasn't feeling great.

There are always times in a Manics gig when I'm totally carried away by the music, crowd, emotion of it all and I was like that on Saturday despite knowing I felt crap.

I'm so happy the boys are enjoying this tour and long may it carry on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 5 or 6 larger UK dates next year.
Old 26-10-2010, 07:47
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Great, glad you enjoyed it. I fail to see how harmless comments on a discussion board can sour a gig you already enjoyed.

But the setlist complaints are valid when you consider that last time they did a tour of similar length (SATT first tour) they played a greater mix from the new album an d threw in a few curveballs like Born to End.
Old 26-10-2010, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse In The Bathtub View Post
Great, glad you enjoyed it. I fail to see how harmless comments on a discussion board can sour a gig you already enjoyed.
Well I don't mean that I come back and act as if someone pissed on my fireworks, that'd be stupid. What I mean is, I'm just fucking sick of the constant whinging about the setlists when I come on here. The endless baying for LB songs is pointless too, they don't work live, simple as.
Old 26-10-2010, 09:46
Bored out of my mind

I'd like to hear Glasnost cos I think it has the sort of soaring sound that would work live. But yeah, I get fed up about the moaning as well!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 26-10-2010, 10:38
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I'd like to hear Glasnost cos I think it has the sort of soaring sound that would work live. But yeah, I get fed up about the moaning as well!
Me as well. Whatever they perform is good enough for me! (I do secretly want to hear Patrick Bateman and Judge Yr'self though, don't tell anyone)
Old 26-10-2010, 12:35
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
The endless baying for LB songs is pointless too, they don't work live, simple as.
1985 is the song I'd have to disagree with on that - it was one of the most crowd pleasing at the last gig I was at when that was played.

The other songs not working would be a good opportunity to rework some songs, such as changing Empty Souls to be more like the oft-mentioned Isle of Wight performance.
Old 26-10-2010, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
1985 is the song I'd have to disagree with on that - it was one of the most crowd pleasing at the last gig I was at when that was played.

The other songs not working would be a good opportunity to rework some songs, such as changing Empty Souls to be more like the oft-mentioned Isle of Wight performance.
I love 1985 and would gladly hear it more, but the crowd has been dead whenever I've seen it played. I'd rather jump around to a song I'm not so hot on than be restrained in my reaction to a relatively obscure one I like.
Old 26-10-2010, 16:38
Freed from the century

Instead of bemoaning the set lists. I took the performance for what it was and it was very lively and a great show. The Manics are not ones for disappointing live and they didn't on the night. I would have liked a few more surprises in the set but everything they played especially No Surface All Feeling, Motorcyle Emptiness, Faster, Motown Junk, the acoustic numbers and the set closer got the crowd singing.
Some of the criticism of Pris seems a bit unfair. I don't think they're great or anything but I checked out their songs before the show on myspace. They seemed alright on myspace so if more people had the time to check them out then they might not have been so disappointed. I do think the singer tried too much to be like Debbie Harry. But I would say they weren't as bad as everyone seems to be making out.
British Sea Power are a band I know and have heard of before the Manics tour and I thought they performed well as support although their songs did sound a bit samey on the night. Not sure if that was down to the sounding or the band.

On another note I'd like to state some truths about the so called setlist incident.
As another member as previously stated it was not purely over a setlist. The girl who got beat up was the one who incited it in the first place. I'm aware of the fact that she got her ticket just before the show and only because she knew that the other girl and her bf was going to be there. The girl who got beat up had started a hate campaign against them and makes a habit of falling out with Manics fans. She had been stirring them up for weeks and started a hate campaign against them and had argued with them for weeks. And she got her ticket at the last minute because she dragged herself and some other people there to cause trouble at the show itself. If anyone's in the wrong it's the girl who got beat up for inciting the trouble in the first place and for going to a show that she knew the other girl and her bf were going to be at just to cause trouble. That's what everyone who's heard of this matter should hear and understand. It wasn't a simple fight over a setlist which she is trying to make out.
Peace and love to all genuine and real Manics fans.
Just watch out for that girl and her friends because they like causing trouble between Manics fans and starting arguments online.

Last edited by life is so silent; 26-10-2010 at 17:32.
Old 27-10-2010, 02:40
An imitation of dignity

I took a few pictures, but unfortunately I only had my phone with me, and the lighting wasn't exactly helpful. Liked this one though

Old 27-10-2010, 03:07
Freed from the century

I love the James pics thanks Louise Mitch & Manic Street Sweeper for posting them.