Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 17-11-2010, 16:15
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Thanks everyone, i just wondered wether it was off my radar as my first child was born in that November therefore obviously i wasn't going to be going to any gigs

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 17-11-2010, 16:22
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
it never got officially announced to sell tickets
Pre-orders?
Old 17-11-2010, 16:34
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
Pre-orders?
I don't think it got that far. I remember being signed up to the band's mailing list around this time and received notifications on any tours/one off gigs that were announced. As far as I recall, I never received any notification about this tour. I never saw any ads in the press either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 17-11-2010, 17:11
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeToDeath View Post
Thanks everyone, i just wondered wether it was off my radar as my first child was born in that November therefore obviously i wasn't going to be going to any gigs
Ha, nice memories. My daughter was born on the Saturday before Found That Soul/So Why so sad was released on the Monday. I lived in a cloud for about a year afterwards and knew nothing of this anyway!
Old 17-11-2010, 22:28
A self-made vacuum

Had forgotten all about this!! I have a vague memory of having saved up for it and it never happened.

No control. We're all at sea. In a world that's disappeared.
Old 18-11-2010, 11:57
I am purity, they call me perverted

I sure remember! Having tickets to the Gothenburg gig, and sooo looking forward to it, and then they cancel. What I remember from back then was a lot of talk about the tickets not getting sold. But that was just rumours, nothing confirmed.

Hultsfred 1999 | Hultsfred 2001 | Truro 2007 | Hultsfred 2007 | London x2 2007 | Newport 2010 | London x2 2011 | Karlskoga 2011 | London 2011 | Copenhagen 2012 | Stockholm 2014 | Osaka 2015 | Copenhagen 2016 | New York 2022
Old 18-11-2010, 17:55
Doors slowly closing

I remember this, and they actually did play Cardiff Arena if i remember correctly. Although after the Scala gig in September 2001 they didn't play again till V2002! I remember being gutted as i wanted to hear more stuff off KYE, but then i did catch them at Reading and i can't imagine the set would've been much different.
Old 18-11-2010, 18:07
Administrator

They did in August. Seems odd they cancelled it. I know they cancelled the euro tour because of 9/11 etc...but that shouldn't have affected uk...was it just because KYE bombed? I mean they played arenas with lifeblood, kye couldn't have been worse than that surely?
Old 18-11-2010, 21:59
A self-made vacuum

Around the KYE live dates were they did 2 nights at Manchester Apollo, Glasgow Barrowlands and London Brixton I'm sure they sold very well - back when people would queue all day to get 6th row!

No control. We're all at sea. In a world that's disappeared.
Old 19-11-2010, 00:38
A self-made vacuum

Oh, I remember this, I had a ticket for the Warsaw gig. Obviously, never having seen them before, I felt terribly disappointed. I'd even say that a part of me had died then and my blind love for the band faded away instantly.
Old 19-11-2010, 08:46
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartek Wyre View Post
Oh, I remember this, I had a ticket for the Warsaw gig. Obviously, never having seen them before, I felt terribly disappointed. I'd even say that a part of me had died then and my blind love for the band faded away instantly.
it was most of the European tour cancelled that time, wasn't it? and it was cancelled something like 2 weeks before the gigs, I remember. it was quite loud, as my mates used to tell me, mainly because of the rush connected to Havana gig, which was mentioned even in the evening news, as I heard (hehe in 2001 I was 13, I had no chance to be the Manics fan in THAT young age, c'est impossible.)
Old 19-11-2010, 12:48
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bloo_ View Post
Around the KYE live dates were they did 2 nights at Manchester Apollo, Glasgow Barrowlands and London Brixton I'm sure they sold very well - back when people would queue all day to get 6th row!
I went to the 2nd Brixton date, which, if memory serves, sold out very quickly, as did the tour, again, if memory serves. I queued from around midday for this gig and got front row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 19-11-2010, 13:25
A self-made vacuum

A couple of other bands also cancelled their tours around the time of 9/11, if I remember well. And mtv banned videos like "So Why So Sad" from rotation because of their un-american undertones :]
Old 19-11-2010, 14:45
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaeci View Post
I sure remember! Having tickets to the Gothenburg gig, and sooo looking forward to it, and then they cancel. What I remember from back then was a lot of talk about the tickets not getting sold. But that was just rumours, nothing confirmed.

Oh, now it all comes back to me!
It was the Gothenburg gig in Sweden I had two tix for. Paid for and all!
It really bummed me out when the tour was cancelled.

1999 Roskilde Festival (Denmark) ... 2001 Hultsfredsfestivalen (Sweden)
2002 Vega, Copenhagen (Denmark) ... 2003 Midtfyn Festival (Denmark)
2007 Hultsfredsfestivalen (Sweden) ... 2009 Avalon, Los Angeles, CA (U.S.A.)
2014 Vega, Copenhagen (Denmark)

Old 19-11-2010, 15:56
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennus View Post
me too
Me three. Sigh.