Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-03-2011, 14:09
Stretched out in the sun

At least it's November, life is too expensive right now.
Old 16-03-2011, 14:21
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
Oh wow, that was the most hilarious thing I've ever read in my life! Oh no wait hang on it wasn't....

"Are you a fan of turgid, pedestrian, Bryan Adams-sounding cod-political stadium indie music?" No. Piss off.
Old 16-03-2011, 14:22
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
I reckon it's Sean, venting his dark thoughts.

Although Patrick's Twitter does use those - dashes - that Nicky -is so- fond- off. Gotcha, Wire! xx
RUMBLED!
Old 16-03-2011, 14:28
Doors slowly closing

Tedious baiting as usual.

Also the writer of the article needs to look up "tactile" in the dictionary. I'm always surprised how so many people who write for a living or at least with a view to getting published in some form, seem to have such a piss poor understanding of the English language. Tactile doesn't just mean "stuff you can touch" you moron.
Old 16-03-2011, 14:49
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvissa View Post

"Are you a fan of turgid, pedestrian, Bryan Adams-sounding cod-political stadium indie music?" No. Piss off.
That's what I've been saying to James and Nicky for the past four years!!
Old 16-03-2011, 15:52
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvissa View Post
Oh wow, that was the most hilarious thing I've ever read in my life! Oh no wait hang on it wasn't....

My favourite bit.

Or, if you use it as a flip-book, you can watch James Dean Bradfield’s stomach expand in a hilarious manner.
Old 16-03-2011, 17:05
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
I lost respect for Faber as a publishing house when they put out the Billy Corgan poetry book. Terrible, gut wrenchingly bad piece of work.
Dear God, really? Oh well, we might get a 256 page book consisting of Wire generally throwing a wobbly at the modern world, then.
Old 16-03-2011, 20:43
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
My favourite bit.

Or, if you use it as a flip-book, you can watch James Dean Bradfield’s stomach expand in a hilarious manner.
Pass me a needle and thread, I fear my sides have split! (well ok, that was fairly chucklesome, but...)
Old 18-03-2011, 02:19
I am purity, they call me perverted

Wire...Book....BOOK SIGNING!!!! A different kind of Manics tour- one round Waterstones or WHSmith!!

*Wishful thinking: going round book stores is kinder to the student loan than a tour*
V Festival 18.08.07 // Birmingham NIA 08.12.07 // 02 Arena 28.02.08 // Leeds Festival 24.08.08 // Hydro Connect 29.08.08 // Venue Cymru 26.05.09 // London Roundhouse 28.05.09 // London Roundhouse 29.05.09 // HMV Forum 08.06.09 // Derby Assembly Rooms 12.10.10 // Manchester Apollo 14.10.10 // Brixton Academy 21.01.11 //

Click Here to Enter a World of Bananas...and Music!!
Old 18-03-2011, 12:08
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Wire...Book....BOOK SIGNING!!!! A different kind of Manics tour- one round Waterstones or WHSmith!!

*Wishful thinking: going round book stores is kinder to the student loan than a tour*
That would be so awesome. He'd be in his element, wouldn't he... inhaling the paper.
Old 18-03-2011, 13:39
Builder of routine

Book signing sounds fun plus you only really need to go to one.
Old 18-03-2011, 13:39
Under neon loneliness

Whenever I see the title of this thread I imagine Nicky throwing a couple of books in the air like white doves at a wedding and crying "Fly my darlings! Fly!"
Old 18-03-2011, 15:21
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

Part of my brain just exploded with excitement at the entirely imaginary notion of Nicky touring branches of Waterstones with his pink guitar, doing a mini acoustic set and then sitting down to sign books and take pictures...

Which would never happen, surely. But still...

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 21-03-2011, 08:33
I live to fall asleep

Quote:

I hadn't thought about that. Fingers crossed, it could be brilliant.

Nicky would be in heaven with that, especially if they put him in the Paperchase sections in Waterstones for the signings.......
Old 21-03-2011, 08:42
Builder of routine

Quote:

HEY I WANT THAT! it means I need to save some money, I'd buy a copy for every signing and give it away to the local libraries. of course I wouldn't do that, i'm too skint and i will be too skint in the future. i knows dat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Whenever I see the title of this thread I imagine Nicky throwing a couple of books in the air like white doves at a wedding and crying "Fly my darlings! Fly!"
hahahah I love this! I had a similar image in my head when they were flying back from their gig in Poznań, Nicky with a bag full of glitter throwing it everywhere to cover the city and sparkle. I suddenly started liking Poznań