Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-09-2010, 21:34
Bored out of my mind

I can never judge a song on first listen. Some might grab me straight away but I still have to fix it in my mind.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 25-09-2010, 22:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

I'm just wondering when it will be trendy to hate the manics again. I've gone through it about eight times allready.

It's like being a blur fan.

"It's clear to me - and has been since the age of 10 or so - that most people are bastards, thieves and yes - even pigfuckers" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 25-09-2010, 22:08
Limbo

Does anyone else have this nerdy obsession of having wanting to own both the Regular and Deluxe edition ?

It so annoying, i might end up buying both eventually.
Old 25-09-2010, 22:08
Bored out of my mind

I've loved the Manics for 12 years so I have no idea! - (at Saltandgin's comment. Sorry for the confusion! )
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 25-09-2010, 22:41
I live to fall asleep

I've played the album almost 50 times now in the last past week I've had and love it overall (come on, it's the Manics, I was never going to say otherwise) but there are two or three tracks I think are pretty average at best. Demos are OK, not really listened to them a whole heap compared to the JFPL demos.
Old 25-09-2010, 22:55
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltandgin View Post
I'm just wondering when it will be trendy to hate the manics again. I've gone through it about eight times allready
I have never hated them. Even when they've done an album I've disliked, I've never hated the band over it. I don't think my appreciation for the Manics could be that shallow to be honest. To turn around and be like "They did an album I don't like! I hate them now!!" seems pretty shallow to me. It's like hating someone for buying you a gift that isn't as good as a gift they've previously given.

Last edited by Mr Richey; 25-09-2010 at 23:00.
Old 25-09-2010, 22:55
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenstain View Post
Does anyone else have this nerdy obsession of having wanting to own both the Regular and Deluxe edition ?

It so annoying, i might end up buying both eventually.
fight it, or you'll have to buy the vinyl and the box.
Old 25-09-2010, 23:04
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey83 View Post
I have never hated them. Even when they've done an album I've disliked, I've never hated the band over it. I don't think my appreciation for the Manics could be that shallow to be honest. To turn around and be like "They did an album I don't like! I hate them now!!" seems pretty shallow to me. It's like hating someone for buying you a gift that isn't as good as a gift they've previously given.
Nooooo, I meant pitchfork media/NME fashionista twunts, who suddenly decide that the manics are 'vital as ever' or three months later 'were always crap'

Ohh, I seem to only post once every two years.

"It's clear to me - and has been since the age of 10 or so - that most people are bastards, thieves and yes - even pigfuckers" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 25-09-2010, 23:05
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey83 View Post
It's just on this forum some people seem to think if you say "this song's shit" it means "I hate the Manics". When really all it means is "this song's shit".
Old 25-09-2010, 23:07
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
It's just on this forum some people seem to think if you say "this song's shit" it means "I hate the Manics". When really all it means is "this song's shit".
Sure, I can name plenty of bands/artists I love who've done shit songs. Doesn't diminish my love of their music though. I have heard people on here say that they hate the Manics or have hated them in the past though, hence my comments.
Old 25-09-2010, 23:08
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltandgin View Post
I'm just wondering when it will be trendy to hate the manics again. I've gone through it about eight times allready.

It's like being a blur fan.
Those days are gone. The Manics are now officially the Judi Dench of the rock world. National (Welsh) treasures

Quote:
No. It's like a class system the deluxe bourgoisie and the prole regular. It would be anti manics to buy into the lofty heights of Deluxe. Fight the power. This is where the band disappoint. I tell myself its the evil demands of the sony corporation
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Old 25-09-2010, 23:14
Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
No. It's like a class system the deluxe bourgoisie and the prole regular. It would be anti manics to buy into the lofty heights of Deluxe. Fight the power. This is where the band disappoint. I tell myself its the evil demands of the sony corporation
I do feel very dirty and upset for buying it, having send back my original because it was broken, i then purchased the deluxe

Shall i send it back ?
Old 25-09-2010, 23:33
Stretched out in the sun

Raven, I wonder how the 90s Manics would react to being told that one day, they would be the Judi Dench of the rock world. Granted, being a Dame Judi Dench is a huge accomplishment. She's amazing live. The most complained about TOTP peformers turning into national treasures.
Old 26-09-2010, 00:01
Winterlover

Quote:
I do feel very dirty and upset for buying it, having send back my original because it was broken, i then purchased the deluxe

Shall i send it back ?
Oh yes. Break this one too then swap it back for the regular.
You'll sleep better for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
Raven, I wonder how the 90s Manics would react to being told that one day, they would be the Judi Dench of the rock world. Granted, being a Dame Judi Dench is a huge accomplishment. She's amazing live. The most complained about TOTP peformers turning into national treasures.
Think Nicky's always secretly wanted to be Judi Dench. But drop the Dame....although i think Nicky's always secretly wanted to be a ....

Anti-establishment national (Welsh) treasures
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Old 26-09-2010, 00:12
Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Oh yes. Break this one too then swap it back for the regular.
You'll sleep better for it
Cheeky, i did not break the first one, but seriously like a hammer or some shit ?