Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-07-2010, 23:12
Winterlover

I watched that video. What an embarrassing crock of shit. In that recent interview with Richey's sister, she said "We've even had one psychic who claims to be channelling his spirit to help him write a book!" I presume it's something to do with Angie's dolphin book? Either way, I don't envy her for having to deal with things like that.
Old 29-07-2010, 09:09
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
New article with detailed impressions of her from someone who'd gone to one of her readings...
http://www.cliconline.co.uk/en/news/...his/02418.html
For anyone who doesn't have time to read that article in full, I shall highlight a key passage which should sum it up for you...

Quote:
Kruger is a fraud.
I hope that helped.
Old 29-07-2010, 11:48
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post
For anyone who doesn't have time to read that article in full, I shall highlight a key passage which should sum it up for you...

I hope that helped.
You Win Striaght-to-the-point/Funniest post of the day Ben!
Old 29-07-2010, 17:02
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmanics View Post
I sat through a video of "Richard" addressing an audience, today. I can't even begin the list the reasons why it made me feel as though my arse was caving in on itself (it made me cringe THAT much), but the woman is diabolical. I mean, her "Welsh" accent makes her sound like Apu from The Simpsons, she refers to the band as "stuff my mates were doing" when she's a known Richey-era Manics fan and is clearly just not being too deliberate in order to avoid a lawsuit and the whole speaking in Welsh "because all my family in this side of life speak it and I never learnt when I was on Earth" is just the stinkiest bullshit you could ever wish to see. I'm actually something of a believer in the afterlife and I don't doubt that there are people out there who can communicate on some level with the deceased. This woman, however, is not - in my opinion - one of them. I shudder to think what Richey's family and friends must think of her making money out of him in this way.
I read your 'Apu' comment on Facebook, it made me laugh so much!
Old 29-07-2010, 17:20
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
I'm really confused by all this. I have just had a call from a reporter from the Wales on Sunday telling me he is doing an article on this Kruger woman and he's seen Delirium and would I call him back and give my views?
V.confused

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 29-07-2010, 17:26
Builder of routine

I was contacted by 'Nick Jones' on Facebook on this, but I ain't getting back to fake Nicky on this! They were quite serious about it.
Old 29-07-2010, 17:29
Doors slowly closing

I'm sure if there is an afterlife Richey would have better stuff to be doing than talking to this mad old crone.

It's all an ego trip really isn't it, she just gets off on pretending Richey will only contact her and that she has some special line to him. I feel kind of sorry for her as she's obviously completely fucking crackers.
Old 29-07-2010, 17:42
Builder of routine

Nah don't feel sorry, she's not the fluffy kind of crazy, she's the kind who can't feel empathy or repentance. you're right about the ego though.
Old 29-07-2010, 17:46
Doors slowly closing

I guess you're right, she doesn't deserve our sympathy,I don't get how somebody could knowingly be so deceiving and not be aware of the harm they could cause.

When I die, if there's an afterlife, I'd love to come back and haunt the fuck out of these mediums and psychic sort cashing in on the grief of others.
Old 29-07-2010, 17:46
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post
I'm really confused by all this. I have just had a call from a reporter from the Wales on Sunday telling me he is doing an article on this Kruger woman and he's seen Delirium and would I call him back and give my views?
V.confused
Depends on how much explicit language you can use!
Old 29-07-2010, 17:53
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse In The Bathtub View Post
I guess you're right, she doesn't deserve our sympathy,I don't get how somebody could knowingly be so deceiving and not be aware of the harm they could cause.

When I die, if there's an afterlife, I'd love to come back and haunt the fuck out of these mediums and psychic sort cashing in on the grief of others.
I think the worst thing that can happen to me, in case of an afterlife, is to get hooked with a medium.

We can only hope death is the end.
Old 29-07-2010, 19:00
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richian View Post
I was contacted by 'Nick Jones' on Facebook on this, but I ain't getting back to fake Nicky on this! They were quite serious about it.
I saw how srs bsns he was about that and it's a bit bizarre that he would be that intense on an account that's clearly for the lolz?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but...she actually does think it's Nicky Wire? I interpreted the reference in SHR's article (about how she claimed to be in touch with Nicky) as possibly meaning Fake!Nicky, because she's always commenting on his statuses and everything...

(if so, LOLZ)
Old 29-07-2010, 19:08
Under neon loneliness

Location: In North Cornwall, bemoaning our lack of comedy venues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richian View Post
I read your 'Apu' comment on Facebook, it made me laugh so much!
Glad to oblige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post
V.confused
Seriously, do it. And speak out for us fans who are fairly sickened by what she's doing. I bloody would. But then I'm a gobshite.

Look, I went and wrote some books for kids....(clicky linky!)
"The best thing in life to hold onto is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 29-07-2010, 19:12
Under neon loneliness

Lindz, I'd be tempted to just reply "I've never heard of this person, no comment." and leave it at that.
Old 29-07-2010, 19:13
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
I saw how srs bsns he was about that and it's a bit bizarre that he would be that intense on an account that's clearly for the lolz?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but...she actually does think it's Nicky Wire? I interpreted the reference in SHR's article (about how she claimed to be in touch with Nicky) as possibly meaning Fake!Nicky, because she's always commenting on his statuses and everything...

(if so, LOLZ)
She does! It might be why she calls 'Richard' her Enigmatic Immortal now.

She IMed me calling me Judas, presumably in connection to the conversation I had with 'Nicky' - it was after a few days though. I felt really guilty you know, it's the first time she seemed so frustrated at something. She seems to misinterpret things through and through, it happens to people who are in a lot of confusion.