Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-09-2021, 11:57
Under neon loneliness

SATT Cover - is this new info?

Quote:
In the case of the 2007 album by the Manic Street Preachers, Send Away the Tigers (above), the cover’s creator is actively ensuring that the identities of the participants remain a secret. The picture was chosen by the Welsh band from a book by the American photographer Valerie Phillips, and shows two girls dressed as a fairy and a devil-horned angel in Brooklyn, New York, with the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge leading to Staten Island in the background. The fairy is a Polish-American college student called Monika, and Phillips has created two books about her. “I met her when she was in high school,” says Phillips, “and got involved in following her life around.” The dark angel in the picture is Monika’s cousin Kate. “It was taken on Hallowe’en, and they put these costumes together.” Phillips will not allow journalists to interview the girls. “No, definitely not, sorry. I don’t think that’s right and I don’t think she’d want to do it. I have to somewhat protect her privacy. She thought it was good fun doing the books, and she thinks it’s great being on the record cover.”
From https://www.tonybarrell.com/cover-stories/

Wiki entry for this bridge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verrazzano-Narrows_Bridge

I guess I'd always assumed this was a ropey photoshop of the Severn Bridge, but evidently not?