Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 07-12-2021, 23:40
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Corona robbed us of that EIE tour. I’d go to that - a JDB solo show to a few hundred people
Ah I don't think he ever intended to tour it, sadly. We spoke to him after that poetry event he did in Cardiff last year about a month before the first lockdown and he said there wasn't going to be any gigs.

It's a shame he doesn't seem keen on doing stuff like that, as his acoustic solo gigs tend to be where the rarer songs get dusted off.
Old 08-12-2021, 14:56
Bored of being bored

It's a shame he didn't even do a mini tour of about 5 dates, I would have gone for sure.

Looking back at say since 2007 MSP would struggle to a gig if they ignored the 2 biggest commercial LPs and GT.

Most of their set is the same old singles drivel that's why they PP&F tour was great!! I think 55% of the same songs are from 3 LPs and I think that's why seeing them does nothing for me. I walk out on ADFL every time, definitely did at NT.
Old 08-12-2021, 17:07
Knowlede Is Power

It’s definitely time for another PPF-type tour.

First one was about 15 years after they started so 2022 would make sense. Get some Lifeblood, GATS and KYE played.
Old 08-12-2021, 17:25
Bored of being bored

Didn't they for the PFAYM tour (at least for the first few shows) play at least one track off every album? (even JFPL which seems to have disappeared from the band's collective memory). Obviously something like that becomes more tricky the more albums they have, but some attempt would be nice, rather than the current status of pretty much GT, EMG, TIMTTMY plus whatever new album they've got out.

On Suede's most recent new album their set comprised pretty much a third new album songs, a third solid hits and a third rotated and changed every night. Even if there were two slots that changed every night it would add a little bit of excitement for those who go to multiple dates on the tour. Just a few simple changes like Enola Alone/Love's Sweet Exile/Motown Junk coming in for Ocean Spray/International Blue/Spectators of Suicide made the Wembley date that little bit more interesting.
Old 08-12-2021, 17:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

A small seven date tour would be fine. Time it before or after the killers tour:

London
Cardiff
Glasgow
Bristol
Birmingham
Manchester
York

No need for every album as we've had plenty of anniversary tours lately. I think the reliance on TIMT and EMG as the set's backbone can be relaxed for one tour. My preference would be a TUVL album set followed by a real rarity setlist.

Stand back, I have political powers!

Last edited by Routine Builder; 08-12-2021 at 17:33.
Old 08-12-2021, 20:06
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflower View Post
Aaaand if you tolerated my vlog, then my blog post will be next
This, and your blog, is brilliant, SS. Brought every single moment of last Friday back to life for me on a night when I really just needed it. I nearly cried during "Sapporo", not ashamed to admit it as a middle aged man, but the last 18-21 months have been hard to cope with. Not because I've lost anyone from the virus & not because I've even had the virus. But because the related stuff has changed me as a person and not for the better.

For three hours last Friday night, I could forget about the outside world and just enjoy two fabulous bands. The two hour drive home diluted it and subsequently, I've lost a lot of that feel good feeling. But from now on, I can look at your vid and it will bring it home to me once more.

Thank you x

1993 - Milton Keynes
2002 - Cardiff
2014 - Bournemouth
2018 - Wembley Arena
2019 - Bath
2021 - Cardiff
2021 - Bath
2021 - Wembley Arena
2022 - Bristol
2023 - Bath

Torn between the then and now, never really knowing the why and how
Old 09-12-2021, 08:35
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldland Manic View Post
This, and your blog, is brilliant, SS. Brought every single moment of last Friday back to life for me on a night when I really just needed it. I nearly cried during "Sapporo", not ashamed to admit it as a middle aged man, but the last 18-21 months have been hard to cope with. Not because I've lost anyone from the virus & not because I've even had the virus. But because the related stuff has changed me as a person and not for the better.

For three hours last Friday night, I could forget about the outside world and just enjoy two fabulous bands. The two hour drive home diluted it and subsequently, I've lost a lot of that feel good feeling. But from now on, I can look at your vid and it will bring it home to me once more.

Thank you x
This makes me so happy. Thank you!
I think Wembley was that kind of gig for a lot of us. It definitely was for me.
Old 09-12-2021, 19:15
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
This makes me so happy. Thank you!
I think Wembley was that kind of gig for a lot of us. It definitely was for me.
You're very welcome, it needed saying!!

I'd add that I went to the second night at Cardiff & also Bath Forum too; the Cardiff gig was utterly brilliant.

1993 - Milton Keynes
2002 - Cardiff
2014 - Bournemouth
2018 - Wembley Arena
2019 - Bath
2021 - Cardiff
2021 - Bath
2021 - Wembley Arena
2022 - Bristol
2023 - Bath

Torn between the then and now, never really knowing the why and how
Old 11-12-2021, 14:30
I live to fall asleep

I don't mind admitting that the sense of releif
was very cathartic and that I nearly blubbed during M.E
Getting barrier for a Wembley show was a bit tasty as well ��
Old 11-12-2021, 18:57
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
Some of the visuals worked, but the Your Love Alone one looked like one of the band had got their kids do it on a rainy Sunday when they had nothing to do!

And for the You Love Us one.... were the words You, Love and Us supposed to be popping up in time with James' singing as they seemed to be completely off timing wise!
haha yes I noticed that too! It's like when you put the subtitles on the TV for live events!

the video for motorcycle emptiness is great, so makes sense that they played some of that, but I think the everything must go video is great too - instead of playing that, I think it was another screensaver visual or something.
Old 12-12-2021, 15:41
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Aaaand if you tolerated my vlog, then my blog post will be next
Great stuff! Echoes a lot of the way I felt too. Was thinking all week before,"this isn't going to go ahead..." then I think it finally sank in that it was,was seeing the people queuing to get in.
Old 14-12-2021, 08:11
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanL View Post
Great stuff! Echoes a lot of the way I felt too. Was thinking all week before,"this isn't going to go ahead..." then I think it finally sank in that it was,was seeing the people queuing to get in.
Thank you! Yes, getting to the arena and seeing the bands name up on the huge screen was that moment for me.
Old 14-02-2022, 18:36
Bored of being bored

Shame this didn't actually get to happen:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/sunfl...-plans-3161313