Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 28-09-2021, 21:58
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Just noticed something on twitter, is there actually a Sean Moore t-shirt available at the merch stand?
There is! 'The beat of the band'. Theres also a James tee ('my guitar hero' or something) and a Nicky one. Can't imagine which one is selling the most...
Old 28-09-2021, 22:06
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
There is! 'The beat of the band'. Theres also a James tee ('my guitar hero' or something) and a Nicky one. Can't imagine which one is selling the most...
Want all 3 pleeze
Old 28-09-2021, 22:28
Knowlede Is Power

Absolutely fantastic gig, really feels like they're firing on all cylinders. James was bouncing around the stage, Nicky was very active, smiling and laughing throughout. Everything sounded great.

During the acoustic bit James told us that last night he was sat in his hotel bed watching footage of Simple Minds at Newcastle City Hall in 1983 on his phone, but that he can't play any Simple Minds songs acoustically for the life of him.

Nicky did his usual recitation of 'early gigs we played in wherever we are today', but also told us how happy he was with the glittery trousers he'd just bought in M&S.

When they introduced Slash n Burn James called it a deep cut and after the song, when Nicky started talking about the next one being 'the deepest of deep cuts', I honestly thought the useless dickhead was introducing You Love Us so when it turned out to be Spectators of Suicide I was bouncing off the bloody walls. So happy.

The crowd were a bit weird in places, lots of very drunk people (Scotland lol), lots of chatting, security were constantly having a go at some people behind me and eventually carted them off. But everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Security were bloody brilliant, I must say, really on the ball throughout. Though this is the first time in my entire life that I have pogoed to You Stole The Sun and I'm embarrassed to say I got told to 'dial it back a bit', sooo...
Old 28-09-2021, 23:38
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
Absolutely fantastic gig, really feels like they're firing on all cylinders. James was bouncing around the stage, Nicky was very active, smiling and laughing throughout. Everything sounded great.

During the acoustic bit James told us that last night he was sat in his hotel bed watching footage of Simple Minds at Newcastle City Hall in 1983 on his phone, but that he can't play any Simple Minds songs acoustically for the life of him.

Nicky did his usual recitation of 'early gigs we played in wherever we are today', but also told us how happy he was with the glittery trousers he'd just bought in M&S.

When they introduced Slash n Burn James called it a deep cut and after the song, when Nicky started talking about the next one being 'the deepest of deep cuts', I honestly thought the useless dickhead was introducing You Love Us so when it turned out to be Spectators of Suicide I was bouncing off the bloody walls. So happy.

The crowd were a bit weird in places, lots of very drunk people (Scotland lol), lots of chatting, security were constantly having a go at some people behind me and eventually carted them off. But everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Security were bloody brilliant, I must say, really on the ball throughout. Though this is the first time in my entire life that I have pogoed to You Stole The Sun and I'm embarrassed to say I got told to 'dial it back a bit', sooo...
Take it you were Nicky Side? I didn't see any bother over in JDB Land.

Definitely feel everything you said. The band really were on top form tonight. I do remember moaning on here a few years ago about JDB being pretty lazy at one gig and barely playing any guitar and missing a lot of words, but tonight, he was more than back to putting in the hard graft and energy.

SoS, played as the Heavenly version, brought me back to being 16 and listening to a 56kbit download from Napster. I treasured that song. Loved that performance of it.

The magic moment of the night for me was Still Snowing In Sapporo. I've never seen James as naked onstage as he was singing those lines completely a capella. It was beautiful.

In an ideal world, I'd like to have heard JDB playing the new licks he'd added to (iirc) the BBC sessions of Tolerate and Stole The Sun. I'd have loved it if they could have wheeled on his upright and had him tear it up for Despair To Where, and could have done without Sweet Child (especially as they played it for us at the last Usher Hall gig), and with something off Journal, THB, or Futurology.

I'm really tempted to bunk off work next tuesday and catch them again at the Barrowlands.
Old 29-09-2021, 16:10
Born to end

At this moment, I am cursing Covid heavily for the inability to simply fly in and out of the UK without hassle. SoS played in the Heavenly version, and I missed it? Damnit.
Old 29-09-2021, 23:51
Winterlover

I'm guessing spectators of suicide wasn't sung as a duet with cat southall? Like the recent brilliant version done with gwenno because that'd be sweet.

Edit: That's be a nope, i should have checked first. Sounds great though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykrVG9J1t_w
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.

Last edited by Tim; 30-09-2021 at 00:00.