Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-05-2016, 23:05
Footprint of history

Best bit of the night was seeing Fitzy starting a fight with some women directly in front of me.

NSAF,Roses and Tolerate particular highlights but seeing the Design vid bits was just amazing.
Old 21-05-2016, 23:46
Bored of being bored

That was the worst Manics gig I've ever been to. Bugger going all the way to Swansea to see that abomination of a setlist twice in a week. What should have been just about the one saving grace of the second set - Walk Me To The Bridge - was ruined by Nicky's bass being completely nonexistent. The other would-be highlights were duff as well - that flange effect just didn't suit Roses; Interiors, TGWWTBG and Removables sounded flat; Small Black Flowers was ruined by fair-weather fans talking through it; and NatWest... had that "chuck in a token GT song but don't bother rehearsing it properly" feel to it.

Kinda wish they'd just finished on NSAF, which was actually properly euphoric. I am a massive moan, mind.
"A man who had read all the books published today would have had to have read all Dan Brown's novels, two volumes of Chris Moyles autobiography, The World According To Clarkson by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 2 by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 3 by Jeremy Clarkson... His mind would be awash with bad metaphors, unsustainable reactionary opinion, and one long anecdote about the time Comedy Dave put pound coins in the urinal.

In short, the man who had read everything published today, would be more stupid than a man who had read nothing."

- Stewart Lee
Old 22-05-2016, 00:07
Bored out of my mind

In complete contrast to the above post I thought it was brilliant! Up there with the second RAH gig for best of the tour for me. Band seemed up for it and the crowd seemed lively round me but not overly aggressive, unlike Leeds last night. Only real negative that dawned on me part way through the second half was we got three cover songs (SIP, Raindrops and Feels Like Heaven), which seems a bit of a waste when they could have played a couple of their own songs instead, but hey ho.

Now to very much enjoy a week of no gigs before the final furlong in Swansea next weekend; definitely need to give my poor feet and back a rest!
Old 22-05-2016, 00:25
I am purity, they call me perverted

Unhappy

i thought the sound was shite,,,expected better..
Old 22-05-2016, 00:37
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademark View Post
i thought the sound was shite,,,expected better..
Was at the front for EMG set then bailed to the back for set 2 and thought the sound was better up the back.
Old 22-05-2016, 01:00
Born to end

I really enjoyed it. Thought the sound could have been better - but guess that's a venue issue. Nicky was chatty, thought the trumpet guy was a nice addition for some of the songs and great to see the background vids for EMG. Loved Small Black Flowers, NSAF and Roses in particular - could have lived without Feels like Heaven, that song refuses to grow on me, but overall thought was an awesome night.
Old 22-05-2016, 06:46
Born to end

Thought it was fantastic. Had no problems with the sound from up in the gallery. The EMG set lived up to expectations, NSAF sounded completely epic and SBF was beautiful. Really enjoyed the second set, NatWest and Roses were great fun and the band definitely seemed to be on top form, I thought James and Nicky were really funny. Loved the video screens too, especially during ADFL and ME, made it feel like a proper experience. I didn't think IYTT would work as a closer, but it actually really did, it felt like the gig ended on a real high. Only thing I could have done without was drunken louts to my left shouting throughout, especially during the acoustic sections (I don't follow football, but still I was left with no doubt that Hibs had won the match, I'd rather hear the music though). Overall, a top night!
Old 22-05-2016, 14:22
Desire on its knees

The Barrowlands is such a perfect venue for them that the Hydro was bound to disappoint slightly, but I thought the band were on great form and James' vocals were spot on. No Surface All Feeling was a particular highlight.
Old 22-05-2016, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by roi View Post
The Barrowlands is such a perfect venue for them that the Hydro was bound to disappoint slightly, but I thought the band were on great form and James' vocals were spot on. No Surface All Feeling was a particular highlight.
his voice was great.
i was near the back and the sound was quite muffled...never really got sorted till the end of emg..
the barrowlands cant be beaten..
Old 22-05-2016, 20:22
Born to end

Quote:
small black flowers and no surface all feeling,will be stunning....
enjoy...have a great time....
Both my favourite songs from the set. Fucking breathtaking. The streamers during All Surface actually brought a tear to my eye, it was just fucking gorgeous.
James was on pristine form, he seemed thrilled to be there! The post gig depression is kicking the shit out of me right now. Back to work tomorrow but Im thirsty for more!

Absolute radio 90's are currently playing 'forgotten' manics tracks if anyone is interested.
Old 22-05-2016, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla View Post
Both my favourite songs from the set. Fucking breathtaking. The streamers during All Surface actually brought a tear to my eye, it was just fucking gorgeous.
James was on pristine form, he seemed thrilled to be there! The post gig depression is kicking the shit out of me right now. Back to work tomorrow but Im thirsty for more!

Absolute radio 90's are currently playing 'forgotten' manics tracks if anyone is interested.
that was brilliant.
yeh,me too...im not sure what they are going to do next...but i cant see them touring again for a couple of years.
Old 22-05-2016, 21:37
Born to end

I've thought to myself, since the end of the gig last night; 'I cant wait another year and a half to see them live'. MORE!!!
My friend wondered if they might celebrate 20 years of This is My Truth
I promised myself I'd go to more than 1 night for their next tour. I'm too greedy and selfish for that to be it for the forseeable future.
Old 22-05-2016, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla View Post
I've thought to myself, since the end of the gig last night; 'I cant wait another year and a half to see them live'. MORE!!!
My friend wondered if they might celebrate 20 years of This is My Truth
I promised myself I'd go to more than 1 night for their next tour. I'm too greedy and selfish for that to be it for the forseeable future.
i hope they dont tour old albums,thb and emg...is enough..
hopefully bring out some new material..
ive no idea what they are gonna do next....hopefully not chuck it...
Old 22-05-2016, 22:07
Desire on its knees

Quote:
ive no idea what they are gonna do next....hopefully not chuck it...
I'd be hugely surprised if they did that. I'm sure Nicky said in a recent interview they had new songs but needed to decide on a direction to go in.
Old 22-05-2016, 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roi View Post
I'd be hugely surprised if they did that. I'm sure Nicky said in a recent interview they had new songs but needed to decide on a direction to go in.
thats good news,then.mate...