Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-03-2011, 16:57
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
Takk, cars are a reflection of the owner. Or who he or she wishes to be.
So?
Old 01-03-2011, 17:14
Stretched out in the sun

Many people would prefer the Mustang or the Corvette to the Corolla or the Yaris.
Old 01-03-2011, 19:48
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by chien andalusia View Post
I'm the lucky / stupid sod who won it. One of my aims over the years has been to try & amass the best Manic's collection (outside of the band, their families & management of course). I've been buying bits & pieces since I first saw then on GATS tour back in '94, but now just concentrate on the earliest years.

Ive had acetates, vinyl stampers, test pressings over the years but in all that time had never seen one of these hand-made copies of which there may be as few as 20-30. It was more than I was hoping to pay, but to fund it all I have to do is sell 4 of my Dead Weather / Jacky White singles on ebay & I know which I'd rather have.

The set list is a nice bonus & I was wondering if the lyrics to Repeat were either Richey's or Nicky's (or even James'?). I'll have to try & compare the handwriting.

Once I've received everything I'll happily try & upload some scans onto this site if anyone's interested along with some nice bits of signed memorabilia that I've got.

I'm lucky that in these hard times I'm in a position to waste money on something as stupid as 'pop memorabilia', but there you go - it's probably cheaper than a drug habit!
I'm glad it's gone to a fan and not a dealer. I'd ask the seller for some copies of the photos too as the whole thing could be framed up nicely. But if you do get it framed get it done professionally.
Old 01-03-2011, 19:55
I live to fall asleep

Location: Alone in a godless universe and out of shake 'n vac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk View Post
I suppose I can understand people who collect rare records. Still... that's 1 thousand pounds for a cd.

It's not a CD though, it's vinyl. Vinyl commands a higher price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
life is excellent if you just fuck each other whilst doing loads of coke.
Old 01-03-2011, 20:02
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
I'm the lucky / stupid sod who won it. One of my aims over the years has been to try & amass the best Manic's collection (outside of the band, their families & management of course). I've been buying bits & pieces since I first saw then on GATS tour back in '94, but now just concentrate on the earliest years.

Ive had acetates, vinyl stampers, test pressings over the years but in all that time had never seen one of these hand-made copies of which there may be as few as 20-30. It was more than I was hoping to pay, but to fund it all I have to do is sell 4 of my Dead Weather / Jacky White singles on ebay & I know which I'd rather have.

The set list is a nice bonus & I was wondering if the lyrics to Repeat were either Richey's or Nicky's (or even James'?). I'll have to try & compare the handwriting.

Once I've received everything I'll happily try & upload some scans onto this site if anyone's interested along with some nice bits of signed memorabilia that I've got.

I'm lucky that in these hard times I'm in a position to waste money on something as stupid as 'pop memorabilia', but there you go - it's probably cheaper than a drug habit!
Congrats. Well beyond my means but I'd be hypothetically happy with that.

You gonna listen to it? I don't think I'd dare!
Old 01-03-2011, 20:14
Desire on its knees

Quote:

Congratulations - I'd plump on the handwriting belonging to Nicky (but I am no expert). Would be great if you could scan and upload some of the images too - it is a lovely bit of Manics history (and supremely better that The Dead Weather) Enjoy (or rather open with white gloves, look at, then pack away again!)
Old 01-03-2011, 20:51
I am purity, they call me perverted

If you can see from the ebay listing, the seller posted 2 brilliant live photos (remember the white jeans obesession). The seller has also kindly offered to burn a load of other live photos taken from the Horse & Groom & other early gigs onto a cd for me when I collect on Thursday, which of course I'm happy to share (if I can work out how to do it...)
Leicester Jan 94, Leicester Oct 94, Rock City Oct 94, Leicester Jun 96, Leicester Oct 96, NEC Dec 02, Notts Dec 04, Derby Apl 05, JDB Notts Oct 06, Rock City May 07, Leciester Jun 07, NIA Dec 07, Wolves Jun 09, Leicester Oct 10, O2 London Dec 11, Dublin Sep 13 Leicester Mar 14 London Dec 14, London May 16, Q Awards London Oct 17
Old 01-03-2011, 20:56

Quote:

Congrats indeed! Great addition to any serious manics collector.
Old 01-03-2011, 21:00
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
If you can see from the ebay listing, the seller posted 2 brilliant live photos (remember the white jeans obesession). The seller has also kindly offered to burn a load of other live photos taken from the Horse & Groom & other early gigs onto a cd for me when I collect on Thursday, which of course I'm happy to share (if I can work out how to do it...)
Yes! That would be brilliant.
Old 01-03-2011, 22:09

Fantastic score, congrats!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:31

What a great time to be a Manics fan with that early concert footage on youtube and now the photos from the Horse and Groom gig surfacing. That bundle has got to be one of the biggest rarities ever considerng a handwritten setlst from the first gig is included. Incredible piece of (Manics)you have there.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:00
Doors slowly closing

What a great auction. Sure, it's a lot of money but if you can afford it, why not? You'll never see another one like it.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:02
I live to fall asleep

I'd love it but not at that price. It's a bit like a perfect addition to the collection but I can't see anyone buying it.

Oh congratulations for buying, so jealous, hope you love it xxx
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10
I live to fall asleep

It's def Nicky's handwriting. What a fantastic collectors item, sounds like you'll love it chien xxx
Old 02-03-2011, 12:31
Freed from the century

Surely Nick is definitely reading this forum, he just commented on this on Twitter (and it's about the third time recently that's happened)? Either that or he constantly 'watches' eBay to see how much he's worth...