Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-02-2011, 15:54
Winterlover

Did someone record it? I really want to see it
Old 22-02-2011, 16:02
Bored of being bored

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustaride View Post
Fair, but Noel did not have Lanc's red rose on his amp, whereas Nicky........
well yes, when one nails ones colours to one's mast or in this case, amp...

I mean, I shouldn't get upset about it seeing as I did actually see it thanks to having Sky, but it smacks of this annoying tendency the BBC has for granularity. For example, it was only recently that I started listening to 6 Music because I didn't have a DAB radio. But hey, I can listen to average ol' rubbish any time on bog standard Radio 1. And the programme last night deserved to be shown across all the BBC 1 versions - not just later on HD. Cos not everyone can get BBC Wales or HD or iPlayer, and guess what, they'll just churn out the usual arse-achingly dull average old shart the rest of the time. Something interesting going on? Something that doesn't involve Simon Cowell/celebrities who you've never heard of doing something boring? Sorry, you need to have some kind of magical equipment to be able to access it. You would think in the so-called "information society" we could access this stuff easily, wouldn't you? But you'd be wrong.
Old 22-02-2011, 18:10
Bored out of my mind

I shall disappear off here for an hour to watch it on my PC!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 22-02-2011, 18:55
I'm just a pasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Exactly. The population of Wales is about 3 million. The combined population of England and Scotland is over 55 billion. There are probably more Manics fans in England and Scotland than there are in Wales. Treating a band as big as the Manics as if they're a minority interest is stupid and patronising.

Still, at least it's on iPlayer.
As someone mentioned 55 billion...have you been reading the Daily Mail? Add in Northern Ireland and the Isle of Wight and that's almost 1 trillion!
Old 22-02-2011, 20:02
Bored out of my mind

Really enjoyed that! Spotted Kelly and a couple of other FD'ers. I hope the 'getting a new singer' doesn't mean the dawning of The Era Of Wire! No one could ever replace you James, EVER!!!!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 22-02-2011, 20:08
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
As someone mentioned 55 billion...have you been reading the Daily Mail? Add in Northern Ireland and the Isle of Wight and that's almost 1 trillion!
Hahahahaha, omg, it's the Faily Express!
Old 22-02-2011, 20:13
Winterlover

I can usually rip videos off te Iplayer, using a program called ipdl. Unfortunately, I am unable to download this at the mo, because a message appeared saying "this is not available to download now, try later".

If anyone else is able to rip this........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 22-02-2011, 20:14
I am purity, they call me perverted

Really enjoyed that, even the changed order of the songs. Loved the interview, they ARE a good double act! Shame I knew about the Lady Gaga quote before I watched it though (damn you, Twitter! )...

Would have preferred to watch it on the telly though... if there's a petition to get this shown on non-regional BBC, I'll sign it!

Facebook / Last.fm / Twitter / Tumblr
Old 22-02-2011, 20:19
I'm just a pasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I can usually rip videos off te Iplayer, using a program called ipdl. Unfortunately, I am unable to download this at the mo, because a message appeared saying "this is not available to download now, try later".

If anyone else is able to rip this........
IPDL don't work no more! The BBC broke it.

Last edited by Futurologist; 23-02-2011 at 19:08.
Old 22-02-2011, 20:24
Bored of being bored

I read that as I-piddle. For which one would need an i-pad, presumably.

*groan*
Old 22-02-2011, 20:24
Bored out of my mind

Some screencaps of the interview part would be ace as well whenever anyone has got time! re: The Lady Gaga bit, I liked it at the end when James says 'She'd really rock it!' and she probably would too! I love this band so much though! And bless about the bit to do with Badfinger with Nicky saying they are second to them and James replying 'I dunno about that!' Great stuff!
Old 22-02-2011, 20:29
Homoelectric

Contacting BBC Wales RE. Manics Back To Blackwood film

If you'd like to tell the BBC what you thought of this programme or ask that it be aired outside BBC Wales then you can leave your comments here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/info/site...ocontact.shtml
Old 22-02-2011, 20:32
I live to fall asleep

Really looking forward to this on Saturday. It sounds really good. HD too, brilliant.
Old 22-02-2011, 20:36
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
IPDL don't work no more! The BBC broke it.
Really? That would explain why I've had trouble using IPDL recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 22-02-2011, 21:12
Footprint of history

Just watched it on Virgin Playback, very good, did'nt recognise anyone in the audience besides Kelly though