Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-11-2010, 23:44
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
OK, curiosity has got the better of me so I will expose my ignorance.

Why Adric?
Because if I said "Turlough" I'd start another class war!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey83 View Post
I honestly didn't get that "angry vibe" from Sean when I met him. Not only did he shake my hand and put his arm around me for our photo, but he even joked about how I needed to lean down because I was too tall. He smiled the whole time, asked me if I enjoyed the gig and even gave me a hug before moving down the line!
Well you didn't ask him to play Empty Souls or ask why he doesn't play his trumpet live?
I like the idea that Nicky and James walk on eggshells at rehearsals. Even though it isn't true.
Old 08-11-2010, 23:46
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I like the idea that Nicky and James walk on eggshells at rehearsals. Even though it isn't true.
You can just imagine Nick and James looking at Sean with fear on their faces whilst he sits behind his drum kit, holding a rifle, smiling with contempt. "We're going to rehearse "Tsunami" now boys. Anyone got a PROBLEM with that?" And Nick and James shake their heads violently and start playing
Old 09-11-2010, 13:58
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey83 View Post
You can just imagine Nick and James looking at Sean with fear on their faces whilst he sits behind his drum kit, holding a rifle, smiling with contempt. "We're going to rehearse "Tsunami" now boys. Anyone got a PROBLEM with that?" And Nick and James shake their heads violently and start playing
It's cos Sean's the strongest 'cos he's the drummer and could beat up Wire and Bradders.
And then when he chases up to me turn around to him with glowing green slanted eyes and a hissing beak going "YOU HAVE FAILED USSSssss...!"
O2 Arena 28-02-2008, Brixton Academy 21-01-2011, O2 Arena 17-12-2011
Old 09-11-2010, 15:02
I live to fall asleep

He kicked over his drumset on that performance cos he was obviously pissed off at the fact one of the cymbals fell over onto himand he pushed it off. If you watch you'll see it. Sadly you don't see him exactly do much to his drum set at the end, you see the bass drum fall for a split second and then the camera cuts away and some dickhead presenter went "Ooo they're smashing up their equipment!" I remember I first saw that on TV I was shouting at the TV "Show us it then you dickhead!!!!" God.
Old 09-11-2010, 15:13
Bored of being bored

I wonder how Sean would react if you suggested to him that Michael Schumacher has passed his prime?
Old 09-11-2010, 15:36
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon Bonaparte View Post
I wonder how Sean would react if you suggested to him that Michael Schumacher has passed his prime?
Sean's a Red Bull man these days.
Old 09-11-2010, 15:47
Bored of being bored

Sean's rage is hawt! and him pushing over the drums on TOTP was jusrt hilarious.
stupid BBC morons!

*sparkle and believe*
Old 09-11-2010, 18:34
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
He kicked over his drumset on that performance cos he was obviously pissed off at the fact one of the cymbals fell over onto himand he pushed it off. If you watch you'll see it. Sadly you don't see him exactly do much to his drum set at the end, you see the bass drum fall for a split second and then the camera cuts away and some dickhead presenter went "Ooo they're smashing up their equipment!" I remember I first saw that on TV I was shouting at the TV "Show us it then you dickhead!!!!" God.
I thought he kicked up a fuss on that performance as he was annoyed they weren't playing live.
Old 09-11-2010, 19:09
Doors slowly closing

i wouldn't go out of my way to make him angry. he looks like the sort of chap that can play the banjo, but only the one song. and probably likes to hear the sound of pigs squealing.
blog
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59
I live to fall asleep

I've thought for a long time that Sean is the real driving/deciding factor in the band; this seems to confirm it. You really have to watch the quiet ones you know!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:03
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post

Also why in the TOTP vid for Empty Souls does Sean kick over his drum kit, to the astonishment of both Nick and James and accompanied to the squeals of Edith Bowman? Ta!
I remember that! I was watching live and had set it to record but the recording failed. I always wondered what that was about, he seemed genuinly pissed off.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12
Winterlover

He was pissed off cos the drum kit was put together wrong and the cymbal kept falling on him. Plus he's a huffy little bugger so it only takes summat like that to make him have a mega strop, as per that performance.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:00
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Sean's a Red Bull man these days.
Well that would please me very much as long as it wasn't that damn autistic Australian.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:59
I live to fall asleep

I Love Sean. Much as I'm a Nicky girl I still totally LOVE Sean, he's a star.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

I have it on very good authority that Sean dishes out regular beatings to his fellow Manics in the studio. He apparently considers this "tough love" to be crucial to the recording process and says it's inspired all of their best songs, but I'm not sure that'd hold up in court.

If you listen really carefully to the mix of A Design for Life you can quite clearly hear the sound of a drumstick thwacking into the side of a human skull.

...for libel reasons I best add that the above text is, of course, utter japery and not true!