Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 12:49
Winterlover

Great gig. Had to leave early to catch a train back to Southampton (where I'm staying till the Brixton gig on Saturday) but enjoyed it all the same. Small Black Flowers was a very nice surprise but DITS seemed a little slow which I'd already heard about so was bracing myself beforehand anyway. Still pretty awesome though. And Enola/Alone was a highlight too, sounded a lot better than it had done at Cardiff, as did Futurology.

I was surrounded by a load of 40-year-olds who were stood still for most of the gig barring the EMG and Truth songs but I wasn't complaining as I wasn't pushed at all Although was a bit squashed.

Contrary to a few opinions I've seen on here so far, I actually quite liked the Escapists. Oh well
Old 09-04-2014, 14:00
Desire on its knees

First post on here for quite some while, but thought I'd get involved! My first Manics' gig since the BSP tour due to a general lack of opportunity/touring. Thoughts:

I enjoyed the RTF stuff much more than on record. SMTW and RTF worked really well with the visuals and I even enjoyed TSWH which is not a particularly favourite of mine on the album.

James was on good form - his voice is still sensational. Nicky seemed a bit quiet (some odd stage 'banter' at times). I thought the setlist was fairly safe (I still hold out hope for hearing some JFPL or some b-sides again sometime) - that said, I made a deliberate effort not to check any setlists prior to the gig, so I guess you could say it was all a surprise. I always seem to get SMBFTGITS though.

Other highlights - Enola/Alone and EMG sounded great - and it's always nice to hear DITS and Archives. Dud of the night was Stay Beautiful - I thought it sounded flat, which was a shame, but generally the sound was good.

As for the new stuff - I liked 'Europa...' musically, but the lyrics are dodgy. Will keep an open mind there. Futurology sounded fairly straightforward, so I'll wait to hear that one recorded live.

New album in June then...perhaps an Xmas tour this year?!

Manics attendance:
Southampton 03/04/05, London 19/04/05
Cardiff 11/05/07, Cardiff 12/05/07, Southampton 05/06/07, Glastonbury 24/06/07, Cardiff 06/12/07, Bournemouth 09/12/07
Reading 23/08/08
London 30/05/09
Southampton 19/10/10, Bournemouth 22/10/10
Bournemouth 08/04/14
Old 09-04-2014, 14:43
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
New album in June then...perhaps an Xmas tour this year?!
JDB said something like 'See you all after the Summer' in Cardiff, so some of us are guessing at an Autumn tour.
Old 10-04-2014, 23:21
A self-made vacuum

Little video of design

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5jbke3cuu...408_225156.mp4
Old 14-04-2014, 19:25
Knowlede Is Power

A few pics:

Old 14-04-2014, 19:26
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Bradfield View Post
Thank you!