Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 26-01-2016, 11:41
An imitation of dignity

Question Richey.

Hiya,i have read lots about Richey but I didn't know that he was seen and spoken to in the weeks that followed his initial exit from the hotel. Does anyone know if that happened ? I read it in a review of EMG. x
Old 26-01-2016, 12:02
Knowlede Is Power

I think it was somthing like a friend of a friend saw him and said hello, but i dont think it was much more than that.
Old 26-01-2016, 15:44
Bored of being bored

Quoting myself from my website, notice I say "supposedly" since none of this was ever proved:

February: sometime during the two weeks following his leaving the Embassy Hotel in London, Richey is supposedly spotted at the passport office in Newport.

5 February: David Cross, a fan from Mid-Glamorgan, supposedly sees Richey at the Newport bus station.

7 February: Anthony Hatherhall, a taxi driver from Newport, supposedly picks up Richey from the King's hotel in Newport, and drives him around the valleys, including Blackwood. The passenger gets off at the Severn View service station and pays the £68 fare in cash.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 26-01-2016, 18:35
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
Quoting myself from my website, notice I say "supposedly" since none of this was ever proved:

February: sometime during the two weeks following his leaving the Embassy Hotel in London, Richey is supposedly spotted at the passport office in Newport.

5 February: David Cross, a fan from Mid-Glamorgan, supposedly sees Richey at the Newport bus station.

7 February: Anthony Hatherhall, a taxi driver from Newport, supposedly picks up Richey from the King's hotel in Newport, and drives him around the valleys, including Blackwood. The passenger gets off at the Severn View service station and pays the £68 fare in cash.
Vivian,I was just wondering if I could ask you a question pertaining to the page on your website 'Richey's favourite Books' In the list you mention 'The Lives Of Lennon - Albert Goldman' as a favourite of Richey's and I was wondering if he mentioned this book in an interview, or if you know the source this comes from? Thank you. x
Old 27-01-2016, 04:24
Bored of being bored

The "Richey's Favourite Books" page was originally part of a long FAQ file that I found somewhere on the web way back in 1999. I strongly suspect it was a part of the first Manics website. I had the whole FAQ on my site for awhile, but decided that to take it down after awhile, mostly because most of it wasn't anything that wasn't available elsewhere on the web. But, then I got a few requests for the "Richey's Favourite Books" list, so I put that back up. I have no idea why those particular books are on that list. My only contribution was to correct the titles and authors' names. It was really a bit of a mess before.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009