Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 15-09-2018, 18:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Wow. So this is not happening?

What a pity.
Old 15-09-2018, 18:42
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

It probably is, just not the most appropriate of timing, maybe they'll time it up for 2019 tour? Now that Nicky has got his exhibition in place and no upcoming tour, there's hopefully little preventing him from digging into the treasure throves. The album is due a good remastering as well.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 15-09-2018, 22:11
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
Wow. So this is not happening?

What a pity.
Nothing is confirmed either way.

Plenty of time still.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 17-09-2018, 08:30
Freed from the century

Re-release finally confirmed. Tour may / may not. I'd been told by their PR to expect a new album next year because I might get to do an interview.

;https://www.nme.com/news/music/manic...-truth-2380096

Are you still itching to do the ‘This Is My Truth’ re-release?

“Yes, James has remastered it, I found all the demos. They’re amazing – all on cassettes, recorded in someone’s front room. We’ve put [fan favourite B-side] ‘Prologue To History’ on the album now and kicked off ‘Nobody Loved You’. We’ve moved that onto disc two with a great demo that we’ve found. It’s packed full of really interesting and intimate stuff, as well as us in the studio and off the leash on certain songs like ‘Tsunami’ that are much more raw. There are some amazing remixes too – by people like Mogwai, Massive Attack and Cornelius. It was a great period where people would take your work and transform it into something really special.”

Will there be a tour to go with it?

“We might do one next year. We’re looking into it now. We might do some really nice old-school dates of our favourite venues – nothing too gigantic. I just finished the artwork off and that’s looking really nice. Other than that, it’ll be back to studio life. James feels like another album could come really quickly at the moment – not that we’ve done anything. He’s in that mode though.”
Old 17-09-2018, 08:37
Winterlover

This sudden trend of them messing around with tracklists for these re-releases needs to stop. It was already jarring with Underdogs/SATT, but now when they're switching songs on albums I actually care about it's getting really annoying. Nobody Loved You and Prologue are both amazing songs but there's a reason why one of them was left off because it didn't fit the album's mood.

Harumph. This has soured my enthusiasm for this re-release.
Old 17-09-2018, 08:57
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
You can't change history, Barbara! Not one line! As the First Doctor said.

Glad the remastering had been done by James. If you still have a 1998 edition it sounds so weak I hope James swore and raised the levels to 2018 standards etc.

As for Nobody Loved You, if that's the start of guitar based versions of the album, then that'll be the CD most played and nothing about b-sides yet!
Old 17-09-2018, 09:03
I am purity, they call me perverted

I agree. I can’t understand why the original track listings are being changed, especially when the Japanese release for example contains the “additional tracks”. I’m happy this is going ahead but didn’t like the removal/ change of Underdogs and won’t like any changes here!
20/08/01- Conference Centre, Llandudno
18/08/02- Weston Park, Stafford
03/12/02- NEC, Birmingham
11/01/05- CIA, Cardiff
02/09/06- Gwyl Macs Festival, Carmarthan (NW)
26/05/09- Venue Cymru, Llandudno
18/05/11- Venue Cymru, LLandudno
17/12/11- O2 Arena, London
15/09/13- Festival Number 6, Portmeirion
10/12/14- Albert Hall, Manchester (THB Tour)
13/05/16- Echo Arena, Liverpool (EMG Tour)
Old 17-09-2018, 09:09

I always wondered if you were Andrew Trendell...

Old 17-09-2018, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi A View Post
Re-release finally confirmed. Tour may / may not. I'd been told by their PR to expect a new album next year because I might get to do an interview.

;https://www.nme.com/news/music/manic...-truth-2380096
Thanks for the interview! I'd reckon a pre-Christmas release if the artwork and remastering is done. I hope there's a documentary, Mike Hedges gives some great interviews.

Nobody Loved You, that's an odd one to cull. There's room on the album for both.

Old 17-09-2018, 09:39
Freed from the century

Sadly inevitable but I really, really wish they hadn't tinkered with the original tracklist. It won't have the same old friend feeling. It's the equivalent of botox or something. Jus' like the SATT reissue felt weirdly unnatural. "Nobody Loves You" is a banger and its place on the record sparks a firework release after several introspective mid-tempo pieces. Messin' with the space-time continuum is always a no-no, just ask Doc Brown.

Bah, it's Wire's World. Party on, excellent.

PS: Scary thought if "The Tracklist Tinkerers" come for Lifeblood they'll have to prise it from my cold, dead hands.
Old 17-09-2018, 09:46
Bored of being bored

I'd rather they didn't do this track list alteration - I think it's been mentioned before, but when Suede re-released their previous albums, Brett did a list with an alternative track list that swapped some tracks out for b-sides - this would be a much better idea as the whole album could be changed then, rather than just a straight swap - Prologue isn't going to fit in that slot any better now than it did 20 years ago. It needs to start the album off, which then changes the whole tone of everything. I did a re-arrange inspired by their regret of not including PTH and the idea that Be Natural would have been the lead single:

1) Prologue to History
2) Be Natural
3) Black Holes for the Young
4) Tolerate
5) Black Dog on my Shoulder
6) Born a Girl
7) SYMM
8) YSTSFMH
9) Tsunami
10) My Little Empire
11) Read for Drowning
12) Nobody Loved You (I like that this mirrors All Surface No Feeling in both structure and track position)
13) The Everlasting (much better fit as a closer than an opener!)

As you can see, it's a radical alteration and much more upbeat (as far as it can be in this period!). I still love the original though and don't see how it needs much of a re-master - you can hear the delicate intricacies and layers perfectly well, so I hope it isn't a case of turning all the levels up and making it wear on the ear.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 17-09-2018, 10:34
Knowlede Is Power

They should have saved prologue to release as a one off single in 2000 instead of Masses. Then Masses could have gone on know your enemy.

Im excited for the reissue and the posibility of a tour, but changing the tracklisting is needless.
Old 17-09-2018, 10:40
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
But you never know, from the demos it's possible there's a hidden album in there from what we got and could have had?
Old 17-09-2018, 10:58
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I always wondered if you were Andrew Trendell...
I'm not - I'm Jimi Arundell! hahah He is a mate though. I've been told I should be getting an interview with them for Gigwise.
Old 17-09-2018, 11:07
Bored of being bored

That's my interest in the reissue gone completely. Nobody Loved You is my absolute favourite song on the album. To think they'd remove that track and leave SYMM is incomprehensible to me. Oh well, money saved I guess!