Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-06-2007, 22:27
I live to fall asleep

manics official site - latest news / comments

Does anyone else agree with me and think it's still as crap as it always has been, if not worse?
The music page still says "We are still waiting for this section, it's gonna be badass". Badass, what the hell are they on about?
There's no forum, no decent gallery of the band except a few pics from the making of the music video for YLAINE. The look of it is awful, all dull greys.
Oh well.
Old 11-06-2007, 23:16
Builder of routine

Official sites are never good

However Manics website is better than it has ever been,lots of updates from the band,blogs pics of different things from the tour.

Im quite enjoying the from the field feature.
Old 12-06-2007, 00:04
I am purity, they call me perverted

Its still a bit bollocks, I just get all my news here now (suck-up!! )
Old 12-06-2007, 00:08
Winterlover

It's still not great, but it's significantly better than it has been in the past - the blogs and reports from the field are a nice touch. I expect that more will be added to the site with the release of the next single.
Old 12-06-2007, 00:14

i think the site is better than it was but still not very good. what happend to all the old pics of the band? whatever happend to them setting up that part where we could downlaod songs?
i only used to get info from the forum but then that went and i came over to here. id been looking on here for a while before but thought that cus i was on the 'official forum' it ment that it was somehow better. i dont plan to go on another official manics forum again. FD has it all.

My Facebook

Plymouth Pavilions - 10/12/2004 (Lifeblood Tour)
Truro Hall For Cornwall - 03/06/2007 (Send Away The Tigers Tour)

Birmingham NIA - 08/12/2007 (SATT Winter Tour)
Cardiff Castle - 29/062019 (TIMTTMY Show)
Old 12-06-2007, 06:35

Yeah the site does need work but that's primarily because it isn't complete yet! If/when they complete I think the site will rock!

Besides the blog and studio rehearsal footage up just now definitely justifies it's existence.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:53
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
only used to get info from the forum but then that went and i came over to here. id been looking on here for a while before but thought that cus i was on the 'official forum' it ment that it was somehow better. i dont plan to go on another official manics forum again. FD has it all.

Excellent. Comments like that make it all worthwhile

To convey one's mood in seventeen syllables is very dific
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48
Knowlede Is Power

I think it will be awsome when its finsished, I love the videos they have put up.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:45

The blogs have been good (well except for the tendency for them to be posted in black writing on a grey background in writing so small you need a magnifying glass to read it)... but I was kind of expecting it to be 'finished' by the time the album was released... or at least for the handwritten message on the frontpage to change... promises of 'new shiny and entertaining' get old pretty quickly when nothing of that description appears to be forthcoming. But as far as some other bands official sites go... well, it's not that bad.
'Nothing.'

- Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
Old 12-06-2007, 11:51
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
The music page still says "We are still waiting for this section, it's gonna be badass". Badass, what the hell are they on about?
That is the best bit of the site! Not least because it's pretty obvious the page isn't going to be badass.
Old 13-06-2007, 18:41

something I would have liked to have seen on the site would be a section where you can download live concerts. Metallica have this on theirs. The more recent ones you have to pay for ($10 for a 2 hour set isn't that bad) and older concerts they occasionally put on for free. Think this is a great idea.
Old 13-06-2007, 23:09
Under neon loneliness

Whoever is running that site can't even manage to get the festival dates up. Any casual or new fan looking at it would think that nothing is happening until December. It's a damn poor showing for something that is being paid for.
Old 13-06-2007, 23:17
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Whoever is running that site can't even manage to get the festival dates up. Any casual or new fan looking at it would think that nothing is happening until December. It's a damn poor showing for something that is being paid for.
No change there then...

I'm just appalled that I had to sign up for the newsletter twice (using an email address that is not as convenient as my hotmail one)... and when I emailed the people who run the site about it, they said they didn't have access to the mailing list and that was that. How useless is that?
Old 13-06-2007, 23:20
Under neon loneliness

Only twice?

I've signed up at least twelve times now.

/elitist
Old 13-06-2007, 23:22
Winterlover

After years of not getting the newsletter despite signing up multiple times, I now get it twice. Which is an improvement, I suppose - they're making up for all the newsletters I missed out on in the past!