Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-10-2010, 14:33
Doors slowly closing

Hello, it's Mr Negativity here.

The video looked boring and appeared to have a budget somewhere in line with the home video they made for the title track.

Two grumpy old men walking around Cardiff and Liverpool shot on what looks like an iPhone. Yeah, that will get on MTV and totally communicate the bombastic choir'n'strings nature of the song to the masses.

Still, it's not as excruciatingly, fundamentally inappropriate for the song as the one for the last single was and I've only seen the clip, so you never know... it might end with a minute-long slo-mo kiss between JDB and Ian Mac.

Look, I know I was 99% likely to moan about it, but I never moaned about Nicky walking his dog in the snow on the Making Of documentary. That was great.
Old 29-10-2010, 14:40
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth M View Post
Nicky still has plenty of hair!
Our follicles are 4Real.
Old 29-10-2010, 14:40
I am purity, they call me perverted

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Here's the link for those who missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11652049
This is still only the clip... does anybody have the whole feature, can't find it anywhere!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
29.08.92 Reading 92 - 27.01.94 Southampton - 27.08.94 Reading 94 - 18.10.94 Exeter Uni - 29.05.96 London Forum - 21.10.96 Exeter Uni - 16.12.96 London Forum - 09.04.97 Plymouth Pavillions - 23.08.97 Reading 97 - 19.12.98 Exeter Westpoint Arena - 26.06.99 Glastonbury 99 - 31.12.99 Cardiff Millennium Stadium - 25.08.01 Reading Festival - 14.12.02 Plymouth Pavillions - 15.12.02 Cardiff International Arena - 11.07.03 Move Fest - 10.12.04 Plymouth Pavillions - 13.12.04 Cardiff CIA - 03.04.05 Southampton Guildhall - 12.05.07 Cardiff University - 03.06.07 Truro - 06.12.07 CIA - 21.08.08 Newport Centre - 29.05.09 Camden Roundhouse - 22.10.10 Bournemouth o2 17.12.14 Camden Roundhouse 2016 EMG20 Swansea 2017 Carfest South 2018 TIMTTMY20 Southampton
Old 29-10-2010, 14:42
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Two grumpy old men walking around Cardiff and Liverpool shot on what looks like an iPhone.
That's probably meant to be a criticism, but actually the iPhone's video capture is pretty great for such a small device...

ok, carry on, sorry...

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 29-10-2010, 14:44

Was quite amusing to see Nicky have to hold back on his X Factor/Joe McElderry opinions I have to say. I think the point of the interview was to promote the album/tour more than the far off single, they were due to appear on BBC Breakfast about a month ago and just happened to be in London right now for the gigs....happy coincidence that they had a new video ready to show though!

Facebook
Twitter
Old 29-10-2010, 14:56
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Was quite amusing to see Nicky have to hold back on his X Factor/Joe McElderry opinions I have to say. I think the point of the interview was to promote the album/tour more than the far off single, they were due to appear on BBC Breakfast about a month ago and just happened to be in London right now for the gigs....happy coincidence that they had a new video ready to show though!
That was so funny,you could tell he wanted to go off on one about the whole X Factor thing but had to restrain himself
Old 29-10-2010, 15:00
I live to fall asleep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireintheblood View Post
This is still only the clip... does anybody have the whole feature, can't find it anywhere!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
ANYONE?????? Has anyone been brilliant and got the whole interview please?
I'm not the only frustrated one who missed it.

Please????? Love you forever xx well not as much as Nicky but hey!!!!
Old 29-10-2010, 15:06

I was lucky cos I caught the announcement on FB and it was 5 mins away from being on so I popped the telly on quickly I never watch it that time of day, bloody Daybroke etc.

So, good luck finding the interview folks, now I'd like the full music video if anyone has a link!

BTW this place may as well have been giving away Take That tickets this morning it crashed for some considerable time after the interview!

Last edited by MassCommunication; 29-10-2010 at 15:11.
Old 29-10-2010, 15:12
I live to fall asleep

Dare I be immensely shallow and say he looked gorgeous?

Right, that bit's over! Loved the comment he made about his singing. I tuned in unexpectedly this morning having been away for a few days it was the first I'd heard of James's illness so really hope he's feeling better soon and sorry for anyone who's missed gigs, particularly those who couldn't afford several of them.
Old 29-10-2010, 15:23
Winterlover

The only clip that's available on the BBC site (clip of SKON may have been removed presumably for copyright reasons):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Here's the link for those who missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11652049

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 29-10-2010, 15:34
Bored of being bored

Working on getting the full interview uploaded, can't make any promises & it is not going well.
Old 29-10-2010, 15:41
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Wasn't a bad interview. Was happy to see the shot of Birkenhead in the video. (It's the other side of the river Mersey shot) And I got the "Doctor Who Live" bit faster than the presenters did and I had just woken up...
Old 29-10-2010, 15:51
I live to fall asleep

I Sky+'d it before I went out this morning, will watch it later.
Old 29-10-2010, 16:29
Builder of routine

great interview tho i laughed when he said he'd dressed smart for his mum..his hair looked a state! Hated the bracelets but loved what he said about taking his family to see Dr Who. Poor James tho' awww
Old 29-10-2010, 16:39

Will you find some kind of video?