Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-11-2010, 12:59
Stretched out in the sun

awesome pictures, I wish I could take pictures like that at a gig.
Old 03-11-2010, 13:02
Doors slowly closing

Beast of a camera.
Old 03-11-2010, 14:08
Builder of routine

forgot to watch the video...just did....ace...aww Nicky i don't care his voice is flat
Old 03-11-2010, 14:27
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by unger76 View Post
IMHO those are the best gig pics I got out of the Lumix TZ7. It always depends on the stage lighting and where you are.
If you are considering buying a camera right now the TZ7 might be a good choice - it's ideal for travelling and has a quite big zoom area. Also, with two newer models in the market (TZ9/10) the 7 came down to quite a good price. If only it had the possibility to manually set the aperture and shutter speed - that would make it perfect.
m
Just had a look at your pics - they are really excellent, and the vid is awesome too - thanks for sharing

On the subject of cameras, I was very interested in your recommendation for the Panasonic TZ7. In my frustrated attempts at gig photography I've come to the conclusion that I'm needing to replace my old Canon Powershot sooner rather than later as it just isn't up to the job. My hubby recently had a conversation with a work colleague who is also into photography and he spoke highly of Panasonic cameras (the two models he named were TZ8 and TZ10) so I think I'll definitely be checking them out.
Old 03-11-2010, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Descent View Post
My hubby recently had a conversation with a work colleague who is also into photography and he spoke highly of Panasonic cameras (the two models he named were TZ8 and TZ10) so I think I'll definitely be checking them out.
The successor of the TZ7 is TZ8. A TZ9 doesn't exist, the newest model is the TZ10 with a GPS function (pictures taken with the GPS function on automatically have the location included in the picture information - nice for round trips/travel shooting). I would only take the GPS model if I really need them because the functionality needs battery power and the GPS models are a bit more expensive. You might want to look for an affordable TZ8.
markus

Last edited by unger76; 03-11-2010 at 18:54.
Old 03-11-2010, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by unger76 View Post
The successor of the TZ7 is TZ8. A TZ9 doesn't exist, the newest model is the TZ10 with a GPS function (pictures taken with the GPS function on automatically have the location included in the picture information - nice for round trips/travel shooting). I would only take the GPS model if I really need them because the functionality needs battery power and the GPS models are a bit more expensive. You might want to look for an affordable TZ8.
markus
Thanks for your helpful advice, Markus. My husband did mention something about one of the cameras having GPS right enough - I'm not bothered about having that functionality and also bearing in mind what you say about the battery power and expense I don't think I'll be going for the TZ10, but I'll definitely be checking the TZ8 out.
Moira
Old 03-11-2010, 23:18
I live to fall asleep

Awesome pics !!-puts my efforts with a crappy Fujifilm Finepix J20 to shame
Old 04-11-2010, 00:06
I'm just a pasty

Great pics! And thanks for the Nicky video.