Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-08-2020, 09:01
I am purity, they call me perverted

The new James Dean Bradfield album hype continues apace as we take a look into his new single The Boy From The Plantation. We also share your Past, Present, Future tour memories and Dead Passive is the B-side we gaze lovingly at in a shallow way. Our new feature Culture Sluts is a celebration of the arts / entertainment world because it really needs some support right now.

https://shows.acast.com/manic-street...plantation-boy

We'll also be recording our Even In Exile episode tonight (Sun 16th) so if you want to send us your first impressions, please send an email to msppod1@gmail.com
Old 16-08-2020, 15:31
Builder of routine

Listened to a couple of episodes of these - first and 5th and I really enjoyed them
Texting manics lyrics to landlines wish i'd thought of that.

I'm glad b sides are being covered especially for the later albums as some of those are better than what ended up picked for the album.

I went to the first Hammersmith date on the PPF tour but annoyingly can't remember a single note of it. I do remember wishing I was going to the next night so can't have thought it shit Getting snapped by Mitch ikeda sounded fabulous.

Looking forward to hearing the rest and future episodes. Sorry to hear you were trolled. Twitter is such a cesspit I'm terrified to tweet anything. Only have an account to follow news on music or book releases.
Old 17-08-2020, 10:36
Knowlede Is Power

On the point of the Twitter ballbag, please do go through your Twitter Media stuff, and delete the stuff about him. He's left a bit of a shitstain in there.

Apart from that, if anyone hasn't listened to it recently, it's well worth checking out one of the newer episodes. As ever with these sorts of things, the first couple of episodes were pretty rough, but they've responded well to criticism and developed their podcasting skills, so they're much more knocking out Everything Must Goes rather than New Art Riots now. Give them a spin.

Edit: Actually, I'l say the same for Do You Love Us, too. They didn't really get up to speed until their episodes on The Holy Bible, and the last couple they've done with Greg Haver and on Lifeblood have been brilliant, and really really enjoyable. This is a really good time to be a Manics fan with the time to listen to podcasts.

Last edited by Red; 17-08-2020 at 10:40.
Old 25-08-2020, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
As ever with these sorts of things, the first couple of episodes were pretty rough, but they've responded well to criticism and developed their podcasting skills, so they're much more knocking out Everything Must Goes rather than New Art Riots now. Give them a spin.
Ahah! Thank you! I don't think we're anywhere near EMG level yet. Maybe Resistance Is Futile.. demos.
Old 25-08-2020, 21:06

On Friday we put episode 6 out!

Emma and myself run through our first impressions of Even In Exile and take a look at Bored Out Of My Mind.

Available on Acast, Spotofy and Apple Music

https://shows.acast.com/manic-street...6-out-of-exile
Old 11-09-2020, 05:00

Good morning everyone!!!

Episode 7 is out now and we are joined by Journalist and Broadcaster Dorian Lynskey for an in-deph chat about the politics behind Manic Street Preachers. From the Miners' strike through to Cuba and beyond. He also picks his favourite political songs from the band.

Also, Locust Valley is the B-side up for scrutiny this week.

Available on Acast here: https://shows.acast.com/manic-street...dorian-lynskey

As well as Spotify, Apple Music and other Podcast platforms!
Old 18-12-2020, 05:34

The Christmas special is here! We take a look at the band's festive songs and discuss our favourite yuletide tracks of all time. You'll be glad to know this is a Michael Buble free zone. On top of that we have the latest Manics news as well as this episode's B-side - The Sound Of Detachment. We finish this surreal year with the Manic Street Speakers Awards (The Spods 2020) and a ceremony so all over the place it makes the Brits of 1989 look like an act of professionalism.

It's on Acast here:
https://shows.acast.com/manic-street...rt?ref=twitter

It's also available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and other platforms.
Old 19-12-2020, 21:31
Winterlover

Quote:
they are detritus from the same sewage tank and deserve nothing but our contempt
That were a nice rant and i can only add my heartfelt support to the sentiment and of course what an utter prick lawrence fox is so you have my deepest sympathies for the loss of your family member, emma. I wish he hadn't upset you because he's not worth getting upset over, it's bad enough he has to inflict his insipid music on us.

On the upside, i do really like the sound of detachment!

With regard to the tfi performance, i watched it again but is nicky really in the background somewhere? I've always thought he wasn't there unless that's him standing right at the back when the camera is on richard and judy, difficult to tell with the poor quality though.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.

Last edited by Tim; 19-12-2020 at 21:36.
Old 20-12-2020, 00:35
Builder of routine

I've just watched it and I can't see him either. He may well have been loitering around somewhere. Think bands ended up in the bar before and after performances? That's SUCH a good version even on shitty YouTube. Jealous of every last person there

The clip of fairytale of New York sounded better than expected. James still looked a bit ropey after his bout of laryngitis, or maybe he was just tired, or didn't really wanna be there. I think he said fairly recently he owes KT Tunstall an apology for not rehearsing it properly
Old 21-12-2020, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post

With regard to the tfi performance, i watched it again but is nicky really in the background somewhere? I've always thought he wasn't there unless that's him standing right at the back when the camera is on richard and judy, difficult to tell with the poor quality though.

The video quality is poor so I might be wrong. I thought I saw him near the barman. On a totally unrelated note, I'm getting some glasses in the new year.
Old 28-01-2021, 19:29

Hello all! We're recording episode 9 next week so two things:

If you'd like to share you Manic Millennium memories please send an email to msppod1@gmail.com We'd love to hear from you. Voice notes excepted too!

If you're interested in featuring on a future episode to take part in a Manics quiz you can get in touch there too!

Thank you!

Michael
Old 16-02-2021, 20:08

The new episode is out now! We celebrate the height of the band's commercial success and take a look at their epic Millennium Stadium gig in Cardiff, the most beautiful place in the world. That night at least. We also rant and rave about The Masses Against The Classes and Democracy Coma. Plus there's the latest news AND our new competition - The Crucifix Quiz!

Acast link: https://shows.acast.com/manic-street...llennial-whoop

Also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
Old 14-09-2021, 20:10

Episode 13 is live! We give our first impressions, track by track of the new album! You can listen here..

Acast: https://shows.acast.com/manic-street...ivid-reactions

Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000535329463

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1gp...YA&dl_branch=1