Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-11-2009, 14:18
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Depends how you view it I suppose. 'Selfish gits, having their own toilets and not letting anyone else use them!' or 'If they can afford it well it's up to them!'
Nah, I just think he called them on their hypocracy and they didn't like it. If it had been any other band, I'd be willing to bet Bragg wouldn't have cared, but a band who routinely at one time quoted Marx and Engels putting up a sign like that probably pissed him off and he said as much.

Still, I would have done the samething. Public toilettes are vulgar!
Old 16-11-2009, 14:25
Bored out of my mind

Billy put the sign up, naughty boy. No one would've been any the wiser otherwise!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-11-2009, 19:15
Doors slowly closing

If Oasis had done it people would've thought it was hilarious, people just wanted a dig at Nicky Wire much like everyone else back in the 90s. Nobody could give a fuck about him now unfortunately, cos you have brainless fuckwits like Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse taking all the attention. Nicky might talk shit, but i'd rather have him winding people up than someone who can't even write a fucking song.
Old 18-11-2009, 22:16
Bored out of my mind

Exactly!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 21-11-2009, 15:55
Builder of routine

now guys I'm completely confused.

which picture is fine then?? does anyone know the truth??

and here's the response that makes me laugh...

Old 21-11-2009, 16:06
Bored out of my mind

My reply to the bottom one would be 'I don't care, I've brought my own loo with me anyway!'
Old 21-11-2009, 16:35
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

It was just another excuse to have a go at the Manics at that point, a year or two before they probably would have just realised it was Nicky being a hygiene freak and said nowt much - rather than slagging the band off as an anti-Glasto, class traitor bunch of rock snobs.
Old 21-11-2009, 16:41
Bored out of my mind

Yeah, with NME just depends which way the wind is blowing!