Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-11-2013, 20:05
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
1985 is one of the best fucking things they've ever fucking done. it's soul searching, reflective, history teaching and informative all at once, whilst being just an amazing piece of music to boot. you just don't get the perfect song with that combination every day, and they just shunned it.

one day i will find out who it was that decided Nixon should be a single instead of 1985 and i will punch them right in the fucking face. i will wear any criminal charges that come as a consequence of that like a badge of fucking honour.
Maybe because the musical powers that be wanted people to be singing:
Bruce Springsteen! Madonna! Way before Nirvana nur nur nur nur nur nur nur and music still on MTV nur nur nur nur nur nur but she's preoccupied with 19... 19... 1985!

Instead of: So God is dead like Nietzche* said nur nur nur nur nur circle the wagons we're under attack nur nur nur nur nur nur in 19... 19... 1985! Shit! Sorry, cross pollination of songs!

*= I thought I'd spelt that wrong, Googled it and I was right first time!
Old 11-11-2013, 20:11
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Maybe because the musical powers that be wanted people to be singing:
Bruce Springsteen! Madonna! Way before Nirvana nur nur nur nur nur nur nur and music still on MTV nur nur nur nur nur nur but she's preoccupied with 19... 19... 1985!

Instead of: So God is dead like Nietzche* said nur nur nur nur nur circle the wagons we're under attack nur nur nur nur nur nur in 19... 19... 1985! Shit! Sorry, cross pollination of songs!

*= I thought I'd spelt that wrong, Googled it and I was right first time!
first ever mention of bowling for soup on this forum? lol
Old 11-11-2013, 20:12
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
1985 is one of the best fucking things they've ever fucking done. it's soul searching, reflective, history teaching and informative all at once, whilst being just an amazing piece of music to boot. you just don't get the perfect song with that combination every day, and they just shunned it.

one day i will find out who it was that decided Nixon should be a single instead of 1985 and i will punch them right in the fucking face. i will wear any criminal charges that come as a consequence of that like a badge of fucking honour.
This guy knows the score.
Old 11-11-2013, 20:15
Knowlede Is Power

When all else fails, blame Nicky. I do

Old 11-11-2013, 20:17
Under neon loneliness

The things I dislike about the band seem to be squarely his input, but then... 1985.
Old 11-11-2013, 20:21
Knowlede Is Power

What I can't understand is, I grew out of being a gobby shite who talked out their arse when I was about 25. And even then, I was probably a few years older than most. Obviously, what I've acquired since is an amazing capacity to talk about myself in the third person. But the man appears to have zero common sense. And I'm surprised no-one has sued him for slander as of yet. Perhaps it is the thought of winning his semi detached in Newport that stops them....I think I may have temporarily become 25 again.....
Old 11-11-2013, 20:25
Under neon loneliness

Well, he's made a career of it for over 20 years, so little incentive for him to stop. Had he not been such a gobshite they certainly wouldn't be getting NME coverage these days, so more power to him... just not for me anymore.
Old 11-11-2013, 20:29
Knowlede Is Power

Yeah, I use to find it mildy entertaining in my teens and early 20s but now I just find myself thinking "oh, grow up!" Surely there are better ways to draw attention to himself than spewing a load of hate and nonsense? He's suppose to be articulate, can't he express himself better? It's like those people who insist on adding a swear word to every sentence. I swear but it has more effect when you only do it occasionally. Perhaps people would pay more attention if he was a bit more specific in his rants. Normally, we get a sentence that is pretty vague against his target. We need him more to be like a knife in a precision attack rather than like a club
Old 11-11-2013, 21:15
I live to fall asleep

Quote:

^^^^

This is why this dude is the coolest member on FD! Legend.
Old 11-11-2013, 22:00
I live to fall asleep

Speaking of Lifeblood I'm so glad that when it came out and I got it I was completely disconnected from the band so I didn't care about anything they said about it. I loved the album and that's all.Then I don't know a lot about that era and all in all every time I find out something "new" about that I think it would have been better if I never had known it.
Old 14-11-2013, 14:19
An imitation of dignity

Quote:

Hell yes!!!!

LOVE 1985. And the entire album actually. Better than RTF.
Old 24-12-2013, 10:50
An imitation of dignity

the original album & all the b sides make an excellent extended version of Lifeblood - still like it