Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-11-2007, 14:42
Winterlover

anyone seen them out and about?

I mean when you've been out shopping or whatever, have you spotted Nicky or Sean with wife and kids, James popping into a pub (or standing outside one smoking!). Be nice to hear people's "spotted" stories !
Old 22-11-2007, 16:17
Bored out of my mind

I haven't yet. My hopes of spotting them in London over the weekend were dashed. Nevermind, eh?
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 22-11-2007, 16:18
Administrator

Tis a big place! People often seem to see nicky in places like boots in newport!
Old 22-11-2007, 16:23
Bored out of my mind

Selfridges in London was a hotspot for a while as well!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 22-11-2007, 16:38
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Selfridges in London was a hotspot for a while as well!
wonder if he'll do his xmas shopping in there. Should I make a regular pilgrimage Just.In.Case. ?

I'd never go up to him in any case so my *spotted* story would be rubbish
Old 22-11-2007, 16:49
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
wonder if he'll do his xmas shopping in there. Should I make a regular pilgrimage Just.In.Case. ?

I'd never go up to him in any case so my *spotted* story would be rubbish
I'd be scared of making a complete fool of myself!
Old 22-11-2007, 16:51
Footprint of history

I would never have the nerve to speak to them anyhow
Old 22-11-2007, 16:54
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
I would never have the nerve to speak to them anyhow
Me neither - it's one thing to hang around after a gig, or to meet them at a signing - when they've made it clear that they're happy to talk to fans - but another thing entirely to approach them when they're just going about their day-to-day lives.
Old 22-11-2007, 17:00
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola17 View Post
Me neither - it's one thing to hang around after a gig, or to meet them at a signing - when they've made it clear that they're happy to talk to fans - but another thing entirely to approach them when they're just going about their day-to-day lives.
I agree. I'd be too scared they'd tell me to fuck off. They'd have every right to of course as I'd be bothering them but i'd be utterly crushed if that happened so no i won't bother em. Ever.
Old 22-11-2007, 18:48
Doors slowly closing

I saw James at a Cardiff Blues game a couple of weeks back but i didn't go up to him or anything
Old 22-11-2007, 19:04
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
I agree. I'd be too scared they'd tell me to fuck off. They'd have every right to of course as I'd be bothering them but i'd be utterly crushed if that happened so no i won't bother em. Ever.
I'm sure they wouldn't do that, they are nice people and as far as I remember people always say they are happy to talk to people.

But I think it depends on the situation a bit, although I pretty much agree with nicola. If you bumped into one of them whilst shopping, i think it would be ok, but if they were with their family, I think leaving them alone would be the right thing to do.
Old 22-11-2007, 19:08
Winterlover

You have to be careful though as I always figured I'd do the not talking to them thing then one day I walked past James on the street and I thought I'll just be cool and nonchalant and not acknowledges this so just kinda kept my head down a bit and walked by. But then he smiled and I felt like little miss rude and evil about it - so possibly some kind of knowing nod/smile is the best plan - probably not the deranged fan big grin thing though.

I think everyone almost has met Wire in a Boots at some point though haven't they? Its a tragedy the points his missing not having an advantage card.

He's a *special* boy though, tends to go in for that spotting manics fan thing instead - then either accuses them of ignoring him or asks random questions about it the next day.
Old 22-11-2007, 20:23
Winterlover

I saw James on the tube once, or rather at a station I was geting off at. When I noticed him I tried very hard to pretend I hadn't or that I was not remotely bothered so I looked down at my boots unfortuntely I looked up, just to see where I was going, right as I was passing him, I looked straight at him with a startled expression. Well done me. Luckily he just smirked. I walked off feeling an idiot.
Old 22-11-2007, 21:15
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
Nicky hangs out of car windows and bothers fans when they are going about their business. With no makeup on.

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 22-11-2007, 21:25
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post
Nicky hangs out of car windows and bothers fans when they are going about their business. With no makeup on.
Waving frantically whilst his other bandmates act like grown ups