Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-09-2013, 11:03
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
I'm the same, I stay as far away from that stage door as possible! Ah, maybe one day...
Next tour if I am there with Bach I will drag you two to the stage door.
Old 23-09-2013, 11:06
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessSenseOfVoid View Post
Your loss is everyone else's gain
Pfft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar View Post
Ha! You can try. And you will fail
Old 23-09-2013, 11:06
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
I can't speak for Marwood, but I'm already terrified! I can't meet them in the real world, the universe would implode!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 23-09-2013, 11:09
Winterlover

Quote:
Ha! You can try. And you will fail
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelorette View Post
I can't speak for Marwood, but I'm already terrified! I can't meet them in the real world, the universe would implode!
Fail is not an option. Be scared, be very scared
You will feel accomplished the day after. The minute after. We can go for some drinks before if you want.
Old 23-09-2013, 11:14
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Fail is not an option. Be scared, be very scared
You will feel accomplished the day after. The minute after. We can go for some drinks before if you want.
Under no circumstances will I drink before!! I might a) wee myself b) start sobbing uncontrollably or c) get totally overconfident and tell James that I love him! Neither is an option. If it can't be avoided, I'll play the "I'm only here to take pictures for my mate"-card.

Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 23-09-2013, 11:16
Winterlover

There's nothing terrifying about meeting them, they're just normal people (apart from Nicky who I've always found a bit intimidating ). But seriously, they're alright. I've met James on a number of occasions and he's always very warm and friendly to everyone who talks to him.

Facts:

First time I met James was at his Camden Barfly solo gig in 2006. He asked what my name was, so I told him. His response was "I'm James!". LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY!!

First time I met Nicky was when I saw the band record a live performance of Let Robeson Sing for CD:UK in 2001. James had buggered off in a car, I had already met Sean and Nicky was the last to come out. A load of people I met in the queue were waiting by the main entrance and I decided to take my chance round the side. We had a mutual agreement that if we saw him we would flag it up somehow. So Nicky comes out of the door nearest to me, I start having a chat to him and get my picture taken with him. For some stupid reason, then have a strange fit and start flailing wildly to get the attention of the others! Nicky's response was "Ohhhhh.... no.... why did you do that for?!". Cue masses of girls running towards Nicky, culminating in my very quick exit from the scene
23/08/01 CIA, 06/04/05 Civic Hall, 24/05/06 Camden Barfly, 11/10/06 Birmingham Barfly, 12/05/07 Cardiff Uni, 21/05/07 Civic Hall, 27/05/07 Manchester Apollo, 02/06/07 Colston Hall, 09/06/07 Reading Hexagon, 08/12/07 Birmingham NIA, 12/12/07 Brixton Academy, 28/02/08 O2 Arena, 30/05/09 Roundhouse, 12/10/10 Derby Assembly Rooms, 14/12/10 Birmingham O2 Academy, 19/05/11 Civic Hall, 17/12/11 O2 Arena, 06/11/12 Rough Trade, 13/09/13 Newport Centre, 23/09/13 Colston Hall, 27/09/13 Manchester Ritz, 29/03/14 Cardiff Motorpoint, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montfort, 06/04/14 Civic Hall, 08/07/14 Rough Trade, 14/05/16 Genting Arena, 09/07/17 Llangollen, 06/10/17 Drama Studio, 16/03/18 Absolute Radio, 14/04/18 Rough Trade, 27/04/18 Birmingham Arena, 05/05/18 Cardiff Motorpoint

Twitter: @KhizzyJ
Old 23-09-2013, 11:17
Winterlover

Quote:
Under no circumstances will I drink before!! I might a) wee myself b) start sobbing uncontrollably or c) get totally overconfident and tell James that I love him! Neither is an option. If it can't be avoided, I'll play the "I'm only here to take pictures for my mate"-card.
I vote for C. Definitely not A, please.
Old 23-09-2013, 11:17
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessSenseOfVoid View Post
There's nothing terrifying about meeting them, they're just normal people (apart from Nicky who I've always found a bit intimidating ).
True, for some reason I am a bit scared of Nicky too! Always have been.
Old 23-09-2013, 11:18
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

Ah, I'd love to meet them but THE NERVES. And then what if they're too human? Can't worship something human...
Old 23-09-2013, 11:23
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
I vote for C. Definitely not A, please.
I'd vote for option d) you drag Marwood along and I wait in the car, optionally clutching a cuddly toy...

Quote:

Ah, I'd love to meet them but THE NERVES. And then what if they're too human? Can't worship something human...
Don't worry, there is NO WAY Wire is fully human!

Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 23-09-2013, 11:25
Knowlede Is Power

Argh, I was really hoping to get an hour or two of sleep before the gig but it just ain't happening, and my knees are throbbing from being squished up in the coach all night. Add in the toe and ear that I knackered at the Dublin gig, and tonight could be difficult...

Still. Going to get myself ready, track down a Costa and have a nice pot of tea, then head over and see how the queue is doing.

Tonight I will be mostly wearing my lovely army officer's jacket with the big gold buttons, a Lifeblood tee, hugely inappropriate flares, and my increasingly grubby leopard print converse. If people spot me tonight, say hello! And if you're of a decent height, please make yourself available to lean on when I'm flagging in the second half
Old 23-09-2013, 11:26
Winterlover

Quote:

Agree with Ulrike, don't worry... The Wire is not human.

Quote:
I'd vote for option d) you drag Marwood along and I wait in the car, optionally clutching a cuddly toy...
e) I drag Marwood along and you don't wait in the car, because you will be clutching a cuddly James...
Old 23-09-2013, 11:30
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Argh, I was really hoping to get an hour or two of sleep before the gig but it just ain't happening, and my knees are throbbing from being squished up in the coach all night. Add in the toe and ear that I knackered at the Dublin gig, and tonight could be difficult...

Still. Going to get myself ready, track down a Costa and have a nice pot of tea, then head over and see how the queue is doing.

Tonight I will be mostly wearing my lovely army officer's jacket with the big gold buttons, a Lifeblood tee, hugely inappropriate flares, and my increasingly grubby leopard print converse. If people spot me tonight, say hello! And if you're of a decent height, please make yourself available to lean on when I'm flagging in the second half
There's a Costa in Broadmead, going from the mall towards Cabot Circus, near the Mountain Warehouse. There's a few Nero's nearer the Hall, by ST Nicholas Market. And a Subway near the waterfront.

Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 23-09-2013, 11:47
Knowlede Is Power

I just tore through the heel of my favourite Fozzie Bear socks. I'll have to go with my reserve Kermits now. TONIGHT IS DOOMED.

Quote:
There's a Costa in Broadmead, going from the mall towards Cabot Circus, near the Mountain Warehouse. There's a few Nero's nearer the Hall, by ST Nicholas Market. And a Subway near the waterfront.
Broadmead it is, then. Less than ten minutes away. Cheers!
Old 23-09-2013, 11:59
Winterlover

Quote:
I want a transcription of anything they say about Richey tonight, don't faint and pay attention