Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-10-2010, 16:38
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
Which one is blocked there appears to be two manics channels now:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Manicstv
http://www.youtube.com/user/Manicstvsme
both blocked here as well
Old 22-10-2010, 13:00
Winterlover

Well, here's some interesting info that explains WHY this happens. Turns out it's not (even) Sony's fault - it's the fault of Vevo and YouTube. The quote below is from the manager of an artist signed to a major label - I got it off a music industry mailing list I'm on....

To get what's happening you need to understand that the artist in question is signed to one label - call it [Label A] - for RoW and is signed to a different label [Label B] for Canada only. From the artist's manager:

Quote:
The first thing I noticed is that you couldn't watch our videos in Canada. I asked [Label A] why and it was because of Vevo. It seems as though Vevo can only handle one copyright owner. Because [Label A] is distributed by Sony in America and we're on [Label B] in Canada, Canadians can't see [Artist's] videos on his own website.

THEN, [Artist] started getting notifications from Youtube that he was in copyright infringement for all 3 of the videos he made that got us signed to [Label A] in the first place! He was told that they would eventually be coming down or blocked in certain territories because they weren't "the official" [Label A]/Sony Vevo submitted video. Basically any [Artist] video that isn't a [Label A]/Sony/Vevo official video will be coming down or blocked.

So, we have a record coming out on a label that signed us off of the popularity of his videos, that has entered into an agreement with a company that is removing those exact videos + his home territory that can't see his videos.

Below is the [Artist] video which you may or may not be able to still view. The notice we got said it would be blocked in the US + Germany shortly. Apparently YouTube has a self-imposed block on all royalty bearing videos in certain territories like Germany because of conflicts with the performing rights organizations in those countries.

Any artist or band that has separate agreements directly or distributed by 2 or more majors in different territories will run into similar problems at some point.
At least we know who to blame now!
Old 17-04-2015, 13:56
Doors slowly closing

WEK is on fire this week. After putting up an irrelevant and outdated interview from 2011 about 70 Songs of Hatred and Failure, there's now a previously unreleased live version of Mausoleum that "the uploader has not made this video available in your country".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQd1sP_PF4
Old 17-04-2015, 21:41
An imitation of dignity

Correction: an irrelevant and outdated interview from 2011 which is inexplicably dated as being from 2004.
Old 17-04-2015, 23:23
I live to fall asleep

Location: I live in Seoul (S. Korea), but I'm from Umag (Croatia)
What does it mean "blocked"? Looking like there's not much contents or what? Because if that's the case, they might be blocked, or half-blocked, here in Korea as well, but the Vevo one is working properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
WEK is on fire this week. After putting up an irrelevant and outdated interview from 2011 about 70 Songs of Hatred and Failure, there's now a previously unreleased live version of Mausoleum that "the uploader has not made this video available in your country".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQd1sP_PF4
Correction. The Vevo one doesn't seem to work properly either. This video, I get the message the one who posted it didn't set it as allowed in my country, but the audio is there... I can hear the interview, but not see it and not pause it or rewind or anything... Looks like a bug.

Last edited by Dac X Lee; 17-04-2015 at 23:27.
Old 18-04-2015, 01:03
Freed from the century

1st soundboard audio recording off Holy Bible 2014 tour problems.. Yup.