Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-05-2016, 08:00
I live to fall asleep

In terms of the song itself, I think it's a grower. First listen I wasn't too sure about it but after three I was starting to get into it. It's funny, in a sense we're getting a decent E.P. this year; Together Stronger/Before I Leave/Feels Like Heaven/Design For Life remix. I've heard all but the remix and like them all.
Old 18-05-2016, 15:13
Freed from the century

If nothing else it's reminded how good some of Wire's non-album tracks were. Lots of listening to Afterbloom, Casual Glam, Daydreamers Eyes, and Derek Jarman's Garden today
Old 18-05-2016, 19:41
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
You don't need to download it via Twitter or Facebook, or grant any permissions. Just click on the link on the National Theatre of Wales' web site and when it comes up with the page you can stream it from, right click on it and select download. That's what I did and it didn't ask me to provide any details.

Once it was downloaded it didn't let me edit the tags (i.e. to say who the song was by) and WMP would play it but wouldn't even recognise how long the track was, so I copied made an mp3 copy and I was able to edit the tags on that.
I tried this method and it didn't work for me. The original file without an ID tag will play. If I copy the file, the copy won't play. If I edit the ID tag, then it won't play. Very strange!
Old 18-05-2016, 20:01
Freed from the century

Well, I liked it.

Then again I am an inveterate b-side lover and this sounds like the epitome of a b-side or, ahem, 'bonus track'.

I'm just delighted we have something new.

6.5/10 - will listen again.
Old 18-05-2016, 20:09
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
You don't need to download it via Twitter or Facebook, or grant any permissions. Just click on the link on the National Theatre of Wales' web site and when it comes up with the page you can stream it from, right click on it and select download. That's what I did and it didn't ask me to provide any details.

Once it was downloaded it didn't let me edit the tags (i.e. to say who the song was by) and WMP would play it but wouldn't even recognise how long the track was, so I copied made an mp3 copy and I was able to edit the tags on that.
I just tried going to the page again and all the Twitter / Facebook nonsense was nowhere to be seen anymore. Maybe they changed it (good!).

Still seems to be mp4 audio calling itself .mp3 though, so I'll repeat it might be worth trying changing the extension (to .m4a) if you have any problems with the file.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 18-05-2016, 20:50
Winterlover

They must've changed it, i got a direct download this time. An mp3 though not an mp4. Silly, scatterbrained website.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 18-05-2016, 20:54
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
If nothing else it's reminded how good some of Wire's non-album tracks were. Lots of listening to Afterbloom, Casual Glam, Daydreamers Eyes, and Derek Jarman's Garden today
Yeah, i did just that. Don't forget memory bucket and ritual no. 1. I believe memory bucket and afterbloom were bonus tracks on the japanese release of IKTZ.

I also noticed this on msppedia - http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/msp...lways_A_Reason - that a demo or something? Don't believe i've ever heard it.
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 18-05-2016, 22:02
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I also noticed this on msppedia - http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/msp...lways_A_Reason - that a demo or something? Don't believe i've ever heard it.
It was on his MySpace.
Old 18-05-2016, 22:18
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I don't remember hearing it either, but I presume it's not a cover of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMP0dw9W7AQ
?

---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 18-05-2016, 22:29
Winterlover

Quote:
It was on his MySpace.
https://myspace.com/nickywiressecretsociety

Yeah, nicky wire's secret society! Doesn't play for me though, if that is indeed the original myspace. Maybe i did hear it at the time but i can't remember it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
I don't remember hearing it either, but I presume it's not a cover of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMP0dw9W7AQ
?
Some fellow did a cover of it, for reasons best kept to himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnqmjHGHak

Last edited by Tim; 18-05-2016 at 22:49.
Old 18-05-2016, 22:35
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Some fellow did a cover of it, for reasons best kept to himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnqmjHGHak
Ha, yeah, I just watched that. It does sound familiar now, so I guess I did listen to it at the time. It obviously made a big impression!

I am missing a few Wire tracks, I just never felt so completist about his solo work as I do about JDB's for some reason. I don't dislike IKTZ (the album) though.

Old 18-05-2016, 23:09
Winterlover

I envy you then because my manics track chasing had extended to james and nicky's solo stuff and now this will gnaw at my soul. We wants it.

Had to include this (noticed it on amazon when both albums were out)...

You can't have one without the other. Inconceivable.

Last edited by Tim; 18-05-2016 at 23:22.
Old 18-05-2016, 23:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelorette View Post
...an adorable mutant baby?
Adorability is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder
Old 19-05-2016, 10:49
Born to end

speaking of wire tracks, anyone know where i can find "theres always a reason"?
Old 19-05-2016, 19:33
Freed from the century

I'd never heard There's Always A Reason either. Which despite being a shock in and of itself, is made all the worse by it actually sounding pretty decent (if that cover is remotely representative).