Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 07-11-2013, 13:15
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post
All of the above. I'd be happy if they'd reissued all the albums in book format like the last three. They'd look lovely as a set.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
A handwritten note of apology for spending so much time slagging off one of the best albums of their career, and a promise to start putting more songs from it into the live shows instead of some of the dross they're still serving up... would do very nicely.
And this.
Old 07-11-2013, 13:22
Bored out of my mind

I'd want the Maida Vale session on a Lifeblood reissue!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 07-11-2013, 14:22
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I'd want the Maida Vale session on a Lifeblood reissue!
Oh yeah! Id forgotten about that! I vaguely remember listing to it st the time.
Old 07-11-2013, 20:12
Born to end

Frankly i'd be happy with them just not slagging it off but a re issue would be lovely. I'm from Dudley too !
Old 07-11-2013, 20:13
Freed from the century

A vinyl release because on vinyl it is gorgeous but the run was far too limited - the cover is sooooo shiny :-)
Old 07-11-2013, 20:31
Knowlede Is Power

Imagine this: In 40 years time, Nicky is on his deathbed in a feverish state, and his last words are "Lifeblood was a masterpiece!" I can imagine it will take 40 years for their opinion to change. Either that, or one direction will do a cover of "1985", sell 10 million copies, and the band will suddenly love it (gawd help us all, if that happens)
Old 07-11-2013, 20:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

I hope this will never be re-released. Band and fans should be happy if it gets the "Cut The Crap" treat, erase it from the discography and never mention it again.
I have my glossy vinyl LP of this (which indeed is beautiful) and don't want to spend more money on this. We don't really need even the only 2 half-decent songs on it: 1985 is too predictable, it didn't even sound new when I heard it for the first time. And Empty Souls is unlistenable because those keyboards are so loud that they really physically hurt in the ears.

Last edited by Lancashire Potter; 07-11-2013 at 20:34. Reason: has been wrong
Old 07-11-2013, 20:34
Knowlede Is Power

Each to their own, but personally, the album came at a really important time in my life, and I am very nostalgic for it. I like to put it on around xmas time and reminisce. Plus it contains Ghosts, which is one of my all time fav songs of any band
Old 07-11-2013, 20:42
Doors slowly closing

Rowley Regis checking in! Wow people from Netherton and Cradley, great to know i have local MSP fans and fellow LB fans a mile or two away! I've been to that KFC a few times its just down the road.

Would love this to have a 10th anniversary release, live tracks are rare so that would be especially welcome. It really is a special album, but as it came after a big gap people had forgotten about them. Had they released it in 1999, it would've been massive.
Old 07-11-2013, 21:04
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Oooh I'm in Cradley Heath just outside netherton. We should have a Black Country manics convention :-)
I actually live the back of the new Tesco in Cradley Heath so might be on your doorstep
Old 07-11-2013, 22:48
Freed from the century

Lifeblood is my least favourite album from the band, I think 1985, ASFD, and CA are up there with the very best of them, quite like TLORN, ES AND ILTFA, but the rest just bores me. Having said that I's still buy a reissue. I suppose the Visconti mixes would be quite nice to have, The Soulmates and Antartic, the Jools Holland perfomances. And if they discovered that they had actually recorded a version of Everything Will Be that retained the trombone and had proper lyrics I'd buy it for that alone.
Old 07-11-2013, 22:57
Footprint of history

I want someone to do a remix like THB had, which beefs up the drums and the bass on some tracks. I really do think the melodies are generally of a high quality but some tracks lacked a bit of oomph.

They can then reissue 'Empty Souls' with a new cover - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4223440.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
I'm not from Dudley, nowhere near in fact, but i do like the way that people from Dudley say the word Dudley.
Nowhere near as much fun as hearing them say "zoo".
Old 07-11-2013, 22:58
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Architect View Post
I want someone to do a remix like THB had, which beefs up the drums and the bass on some tracks. I really do think the melodies are generally of a high quality but some tracks lacked a bit of oomph.

They can then reissue 'Empty Souls' with a new cover - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4223440.html

Nowhere near as much fun as hearing them say "zoo".
zoo?? can't see how anyone can say that diferent??
Old 07-11-2013, 23:01
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
zoo?? can't see how anyone can say that diferent??
It sounds like "zow" to my uncultured northern ears. I really like the Dudley/Black Country accent, it's melodic.
Old 07-11-2013, 23:08
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Architect View Post
It sounds like "zow" to my uncultured northern ears. I really like the Dudley/Black Country accent, it's melodic.
A little bit less whiney than Brummies as well lol

Last edited by Suicide Aldi; 07-11-2013 at 23:21. Reason: Spelling