Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 15:58
I am purity, they call me perverted

Someone should sue her - the family can say she caused emotional distress and/or is making money using a family member's name without their authorization
Old 03-11-2009, 15:59
Winterlover

I've seen so many of these psychics and mediums clamp onto Richey and exploit his memory over the years that it no longer phases me.
Personally, I don't believe in pyschics, ghosts or any of that other shit con artists use to extort money out of lost and grieving individuals - it's a complete farce that looses it's entertainment value once you realize just how much these people are mentally f**king those who have lost someone dear to them.
I'm sure no one in either Richey's immediate family nor his circle of close friends buys any of this nonsense and this 'medium' should take care not to imply they do in order to further her career.

As for those of you who are questioning her mental faculties, I ask you this, would a mentally ill person go to such pains to ensure that they not mention Richard Edwards by his full name because they know that there are legal implications involved in doing so? Nah, she a total con artist plain and simple who makes her living off of exploiting the dead (or in Richey's case, the missing and presumed dead).
Old 03-11-2009, 16:02
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
I've seen so many of these psychics and mediums clamp onto Richey and exploit his memory over the years that it no longer phases me.
Really? Wow, I didn't realise there was more than one.
I really don't mind if I'm being lied to

It's the facts of life sunshine
Old 03-11-2009, 16:14
Under neon loneliness

Location: In North Cornwall, bemoaning our lack of comedy venues...
I didn't know there was more than one, either. It saddens me to know that this one is still going, though.

By which I mean she's still claiming to be a medium who has Richey as a guide, not that she's still alive...

Look, I went and wrote some books for kids....(clicky linky!)
"The best thing in life to hold onto is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 03-11-2009, 16:18
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarbohydrate View Post
Really? Wow, I didn't realise there was more than one.
Well, to be completely honest, this is the first 'medium' I've heard of...perhaps I should have just made that point about psychics alone. However, I'm sure many have you have seen many a psychic revelation relating to Richey - the Internet is full of them. The one that stands out for me was that gentleman who claimed Richey was alive and well, living in India, stopping short of actually commiting to Goa. Ironically, his "revelations" came out just after the Goa sighting(s). Also, for someone who claims to be an all knowing psychic, he totally got the details of Richey's disappearance all wrong.
Old 03-11-2009, 17:36

Well, I've been thinking about it today and you're right, I don't think I'll go. Aside from her giving me a totally inaccurate "psychic reading" of my personality and interests, she just totally dodges any difficult question I ask her. In my emails I asked her whether Richey's friends and family know about this and whether "richard" could channel any information about me from the spirit world. Here are some of her responses:

1st one: Ah well, our work has become international without us ever going public (because that just wouldn't be subtle would it). We've got where we are by being good at what we do, not by raking up my spirit guides past. (which has never been his wish). I think our cover got blown about four years ago when our (then) Australian web master got a bit over excited. But since then we've worked in his home town twice with great success, we're there again on the 21st of Jan 2010, maybe you should come and watch him, he really is amazing and SO accurate with his personal messages, etc.
He's loving the radio show but prefers to answer questions about metaphysics, spiritual afterlife, etc. He likes doing personal messages when he's in our clients energy field, or with a large audience. People often do ask Richard about his past life and if he feels it's appropriate he'll answer. You could try that on air or better still come to one of our venues. On lots of occasions we've had his family or friends in our audience and I am in contact with a few of his old friends. I never disclose who though because of loyalty issues (some of Rich's people hate me for working with him).
I don't know which bit of the country you come from but would be more than happy to let you know when we're working in your area and you can come and see for yourself. Anyway wishing you all the best from both of us.

2nd one: I am in contact with several of my guide's friends
and have a finger on the pulse of his loved ones , it's a long story
and one that I only share if trust is aquired. However Im in Wales at
the end of November starting in Cardiff and ending in North Wales so
if you want to meet up let me know. It's also worth saying that on
many occasions we've had loved ones in our audiance and have worked in
Blackwood twice to a packed audience with great success. Our next gig
there is on the 31st of jan (on the eve of the 15th year of well you
know) I Actually know exectly where Rache, Nick and James stand on
this because I have a mole. And at our last gig in Barry we had a good
connection to Patrick. I just leave it all to the higher energy, this
all happened for a reason, I didn't choose this, I just accepted it as
part of my journey for the greater good. I had to change my life to do
this for Rich, but it has been worth the sacrifice. Wishing you love
and peace fromAng &Rich
Old 03-11-2009, 17:48
Stretched out in the sun

After seeing those emails back I have become extremely angry so before descending into shouting and name calling in posts I think I'm just going to have to never look at this thread again.

It's just horrible.
Old 03-11-2009, 17:52

Old 03-11-2009, 18:01
Freed from the century

HOLY CRAP!

I've never heard of this/her before. It's totally mental and really quite sick. Why would someone do this? I mean I know why; I guess the question is how can someone do this?

For fuck sake, it makes me feel kind of pukey...

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 03-11-2009, 18:06
Bored of being bored

http://www.angandrich.co.uk/id12.html

From Richey eh? Doubtful but it's at least well-written whoever wrote it.
I've got to say that even though i don't believe in psychic powers and i do think this woman is being disrespectful, I do believe in an afterlife and in souls and ghosts so...
I don't know what to think of this woman or her website.
I just do not know what to say really.
I am one of those Manics fans who thinks that Richey is no longer with us though. I believe that he is gone as opposed to missing and has been gone since 1995...

*sparkle and believe*
Old 03-11-2009, 18:09

Old 03-11-2009, 18:13
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Loneliness View Post
After seeing those emails back I have become extremely angry so before descending into shouting and name calling in posts I think I'm just going to have to never look at this thread again.

It's just horrible.
Kelly, I agree! This is an absolute insult to anyone who knew the man on a personal level. Calling his sister Rache is dispicable! I'm also completely appaled by the way in which these emails read like her whole 'performance' is some kind of freak show not to mention the 'sales' appraoch she seems to be advocating. The constant theme if both emails seems to be her 'selling' her show..."we're going here...", "let me know where you live and I'll let you know if we'll be performing near you", "come see us, come see us, come see us, blah blah blah!". How anyone could fall for this shit is beyond me!

Actually, I'd like to ask those of you who may be far more in the know if it's worth it's worth sending these emails to the band's management as proof of her exploitation of both Richey and his inner circle in order to extract money from people? Would they even care about this, assuming they don't already know about this nonsense? It's such a foul situation that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
Old 03-11-2009, 18:17
HBIC

Seriously, this woman's had enough publicity over this in the past. I'm going to close this thread now, because every contact we have had with her has just been in search of more ticket sales and site hits. She's either mentally ill, or in it for the publicity, and neither of those are worth encouraging.
Closed Thread